• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Grebeshkov to the KHL

Rate this topic

The guy had 84 point in 227 career games and he thinks hes worth more than 3 mil? :blink:

he was a -16 overall in his short NHL career as well. The KHL pays every player twice of what they're worth. Grebeshkov is not worth $3 Million, i wouldn't even pay him $1.5 Million. But whatever, good riddance, don't try to come back.

I am really sad to see this happening. A few players I can understand. I really thought highly of Grebs. He is a really skilled, calm first pass player. Steadying on the point. No real shot or anything, but just a good defenseman - uses his brain more than brawn. I loved watching him on Edmonton and he was usually a player that I traded for as soon as possible on video games. I can't believe that this is happening a second time for the Preds. Is there something with the management team there that can not handle Russians? First Radulov now Grebeshkov?

I wonder where Legionnare is and what he is thinking... Thats a big hit with those 2 players. Grebeshkov was supposed to be a replacement for Zidlicky - same type of player.

Imagine if Hudler AND Rafalski left for Russia over a 2 year period. Yikes.

I am really sad to see this happening. A few players I can understand. I really thought highly of Grebs. He is a really skilled, calm first pass player. Steadying on the point. No real shot or anything, but just a good defenseman - uses his brain more than brawn. I loved watching him on Edmonton and he was usually a player that I traded for as soon as possible on video games. I can't believe that this is happening a second time for the Preds. Is there something with the management team there that can not handle Russians? First Radulov now Grebeshkov?

I wonder where Legionnare is and what he is thinking... Thats a big hit with those 2 players. Grebeshkov was supposed to be a replacement for Zidlicky - same type of player.

Imagine if Hudler AND Rafalski left for Russia over a 2 year period. Yikes.

He never really played on any good teams, and he was wicked overpaid by the KHL team. Denis Grebeshkov is not worth $3 Million a season. That's how the KHL lures everyone. I expect many more players to bolt for the KHL before the beginning of the 2010-2011 season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Slava Kozlov, Robert Lang, Ville Koistinen, Ruslan Fedotenko, Maxim Afinogenov, Evgeny Artyukhin, Marek Svatos, and Ruslan Salei all head to the KHL. And those were the guys right off the top of my head.

Hes not a forward... Defenceman get payed alot more because of the amount of ice time they get. Grebeshkov is a #1 on alot of teams, and a #2 on most.

Grebs is from the Mike Green school of defense (in other words-- f*** it I'll just try and score). You can't be a turn-over machine unless you put the points up to justify that and he never did.

im afraid this whole cap issue is going to slowly have an adverse effect on the rosters in the NHL. With the cap supposedly being lowered more and more UFAs who cant get what they feel they are worth will go to the KHL, whilst they have the money. The talent pool will then water down and the not so good GM's will have 2 lines of talent and 2 lines of mediocre players. The only way to eliminate this from happening is to either reduce the current 30 teams to whatever, or disolve the cap altogether. It will take a few years to happen but if the KHL stays strong then the NHL need to act accordingly.