• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Marty Barry

Most hated team in NHL.

Rate this topic

I can't believe we are 2nd to Crysby again. Hopefully we can win The Cup and take our deserved spot ahead of crybaby. Plus, I guess San Hosay is our biggest rival now. I guess they are but I wish it was as heated as Wings vs. Lanche rivalry, miss that. Bet s***cago fans have something to say about that.

maybe next year

Edited by Marty Barry

Detroit/San Jose garners interest around the league? I didn't get the memo that we were rivals let alone one of note.

I have to agree - Pittsburgh is definitely the most despised team in the league right now. I think a second WC tipped the scales in their favor.

Detroit/San Jose garners interest around the league? I didn't get the memo that we were rivals let alone one of note.

Maybe they're hung up on the McClellan factor. I get the "traditional West powers using each other as a measuring stick" angle, but Wings and Sharks games are far too pleasant and well-mannered for it to be a rivalry of any magnitude.

We're Number Two! We're Number Two! :lol:

I can see where Pittsburgh would be the top of the heap, it's in my top 4, along with Philly, Chicago and San Jose.

I still hate the Ducks. Even with Pronger gone, and he was the one who got me hating them. Go figure.

I love it when morons tell me they hate the Wings because we buy our cups. I go off on them and throw numbers and caps and cap hits and all of that at them and they just stand there with their jaws dropped. Hanging out here has its advantages.

I was surprised to see the speculation that Bettman was Cindy's father. I had always heard tell of a different phallic connection between the two. Maybe Bettman created Cindy- kind of like Rocky Horror, but without the musical numbers.

I keep reading in the comments that Pens fans believe they're hated because they're good. Its like, "No, your team is hated because they're full of whiny, arrogant, obnoxious d-bags." The Lemieux-Jagr-Francis teams were not hated and they were good.

As for the Wings being hated, its jealousy. The Wings built another Stanley Cup contender through the draft while at the same time won Stanley Cups. Meanwhile, teams like Toronto and NYI have had high draft picks for years and still suck.

The blog post should have been "Which teams to you really hate?" not "Which teams are you tired of losing to?"

Yea I think Pittsburgh is most hated because they are annoying, it's not because they're good because they've only won one cup. Bettman favors the Pens and Cindy way to much, that's why they're the most hated!

We're hated because we're good, and I'm proud of it!

Detroit/San Jose is a bit of a one-sided rivalry. IMO, Sharks fans hate Detroit more than Detroit fans hate the Sharks, but based on the previously mentioned "measuring stick" factor, as well as our schadenfreude over their continued playoff failures, I'd still slide them into the #3 or #4 spot.

My personal list though, would include the usual suspects - Anaheim, Chicago, Pittsburgh. From there, you can throw in the Vancouver 7uongos and the Sharks.

Reading the commentaries afterwards reminds me that all other teams' fans are brutish, degenerate, ignorant products of sodomizing hillbillies. Their useless and insignificant opinions, lives, and families mean no more to me than a small insect splattering across my windshield, and will evince even less sorrow should such a fate befall one or all of them. They undoubtedly relayed their opinions in some form of debased grunting accentuated with playing with/contemplating their own feces.

AKA, who cares? :!: :!: :!:

I still hate the Ducks. Even with Pronger gone, and he was the one who got me hating them. Go figure.

I love it when morons tell me they hate the Wings because we buy our cups.

I still hate the Du/icks too! Even though Pronger's gone there's still Getzlaf, Perry, Perros, and more than half a team full of douchebags.

I also think it's a joke that the only reason a lot of people hate the Wings is because of their success. A few sayings come to mind like, "Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me" and well...

1251949-haters_gonna_hate_super.jpg

Detroit/San Jose is a bit of a one-sided rivalry. IMO, Sharks fans hate Detroit more than Detroit fans hate the Sharks, but based on the previously mentioned "measuring stick" factor, as well as our schadenfreude over their continued playoff failures, I'd still slide them into the #3 or #4 spot.

My personal list though, would include the usual suspects - Anaheim, Chicago, Pittsburgh. From there, you can throw in the Vancouver 7uongos and the Sharks.

Rivalry or not, the regular season games between San Jose and Detroit over the last 2 seasons have been awesome and extremely fast paced, it reminded me of playoff hockey.

It seems like people say our fan base is the problem, and looking at the ONLY 'Wings' Fan on the first page of comments, it's pretty obvious why.

All teams are going to have their a'hole fans. Here and everywhere else.

Not too shocked about the listing in general. We're pretty hated because we are routinely successful making postseasons. Pittsburgh right now partially because of recent success and partially because of fans absolutely sick and tired about hearing about you know who 24-7-365.

As for the Wings buying Cups, that's obviously fans of other teams being misinformed. Those people will almost always hate so it's a waste of time for me to get in a pissing match with them. Bascially all you can say is we've still been successful in the Cap era, and hopefully that makes them look like idiots and they be quiet.

I still hate the Du/icks too! Even though Pronger's gone there's still Getzlaf, Perry, Perros, and more than half a team full of douchebags.

That's why it's so odd that I hate them. I'd take Getzlaf on the Wings any day of the week. I hate him on the Ducks, but I'd love him for us. Parros is just plain hot any way you slice it. I have a thing for enforcers/fighters/tough guys.

As for Perry- well, he reminds me of a whiny schoolboy who follows you around on the playground picking his nose and saying things like, "I know you are, but what am I?" to whatever you say. I'd like to smack him upside the head. But still, he isn't such a pain that I would hate a whole team because of him. He's more like a mosquito in that sense. Swat him and hope he goes away.

Plus I love Selanne from his days in Winnipeg. No one else there is really anyone I'd have an opinion on. Needa(oscar)mayer isn't all that bad, really. I just didn't like his skipping out when he was under contract. I thought it was unbecoming for a captain to leave his team like that.

This is the only instance when I have no issues with Pittsburgh being #1. I think it's quite well-deserved, no? While the Wings have had a ton of success over the years and have thus incurred the wrath of players/fans from all over the league, we don't have any douchenozzles on our team, last I checked. Yes we have players who will get in your face and can cause trouble, but they're not douches. Pittsburgh has douches. And they can stay there, frankly.