• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
martyrme19

ran into abdelkader last night

Rate this topic

In all honesty...If there was someone out there who would go through the lengths to do something drastic to him or his family, they wouldn't need my help. It would already be done.

With that being said, if the worst that happened was he got some hate mail out of it, his yard teepeed, his porch shat on, or even his car keyed....i wouldn't lose sleep over it. just sayin.

You can find instructions on how to build homemade bombs, but that doesn't mean you should post them here "just because if someone were to go to those lengths they wouldn't need your help". Yes, I know that's an apples-to-oranges argument, so let me put it a bit simpler. Just because they might not "need your help", why make it any easier?

That said, I'm going to reinforce my original point, a bit more forcefully. (I hate to come across as being short, but unfortunately it needs to be done).

*DO NOT* post his address on LGW. Unless you can prove to Matt or one of the Mods that you have his express permission to do so.

Guest Heaten

If you do post it and something does happen to O'Halloran or his family, I wouldn't be surprised if they take legal action against the people involved who posted their address/personal info. And I'm sure LGW.com would obliged to authorities if they want to track down the person's IP, email, name and any other info needed to track them down.

I wouldn't post his address or any other personal info you know on the internet, period.

I had a pretty witty response to your last post and tho I felt like it was pretty PG rated - someone decided to get all FCC on it.

In any case....you obviously haven't seen me post his address, so no reason to get all Dad about it.

If you do post it and something does happen to O'Halloran or his family, I wouldn't be surprised if they take legal action against the people involved who posted their address/personal info. And I'm sure LGW.com would obliged to authorities if they want to track down the person's IP, email, name and any other info needed to track them down.

I wouldn't post his address or any other personal info you know on the internet, period.

Fortunately for me (hypothetically of course) Addresses are public record. There would be absolutely no legal recourse for them to take on me.

Knowing the law is your friend :)

Since your girl's family lives across the street, you'd also be putting their family's address in the public eye if some sicko wanted to do something. I don't know who would, but the world is full of sick, stupid people.

Best to let it go. If you want to tp his house, or do something harmless but stupid, that's your business and you can deal with the results, but please don't put anyone in danger.

As far as the original topic goes, it's cool that you got some time with Abby and shared that with us.

I find it funny that he doesn't read the boards. I can't imagine why any of them would. Hero one day; goat the next. I'd go nuts if it was me, but since I'm addicted to this place, I would probably peek anyway and then tell the guys when something funny or cool was written, so I'm guessing they probably hear about stuff on here second hand.

Since your girl's family lives across the street, you'd also be putting their family's address in the public eye if some sicko wanted to do something. I don't know who would, but the world is full of sick, stupid people.

Best to let it go. If you want to tp his house, or do something harmless but stupid, that's your business and you can deal with the results, but please don't put anyone in danger.

As far as the original topic goes, it's cool that you got some time with Abby and shared that with us.

I find it funny that he doesn't read the boards. I can't imagine why any of them would. Hero one day; goat the next. I'd go nuts if it was me, but since I'm addicted to this place, I would probably peek anyway and then tell the guys when something funny or cool was written, so I'm guessing they probably hear about stuff on here second hand.

Ya i mean.... I feel like when I played, i was on MLIVE all the time just curious about what people had to say about me. Some of it was pretty brutal, but ofcourse those were from teams i played against (or at least i hope). But anyways, i just can't imagine that curiosity subsiding just because i turned pro.

With that being said, if the worst that happened was he got some hate mail out of it, his yard teepeed, his porch shat on, or even his car keyed....i wouldn't lose sleep over it. just sayin.

:rolleyes:

How old are we again? 12....13?

Sometimes during GDTs when I crucify a player, I actually feel really bad afterward thinking that, rare the chance may be, the player could see it and get bummed out. I know it sounds stupid, but it's why I lightened up a bit on players like Lebda from time to time. They're still human and all that and who am I to bash their hockey skill (or my perception of their lack thereof)? Does that make sense? :P

And I want to send O'Halloran a Holmstrom jersey. :lol:

Edited by edicius

In all honesty...If there was someone out there who would go through the lengths to do something drastic to him or his family, they wouldn't need my help. It would already be done.

That's still taking it too far. And it is childish and juvenile.

Look, pretty much everybody in here thinks O'Hallaran is an incompetent referee and thinks that NHL officiating is absurdly inconsistent, myself included.

But these people are humans too off the ice/playing surface, if you take your love/hate relationship to these levels to where you can get in trouble or arrested or whatever, you have problems.

Cleary he lets his agent handle the contract negotiations, because if he thinks he'll only get around $800k if Modo signs he's not familiar with the CBA at all...which I find hard to believe (atleast in regards to RFA salaries). According to the CBA, the minimum salary he can get next year is $892,500 which was the required amount Kenny's qualifying offer had to be. Based on the minimum RFA salary increase rule and given his salary last year, he's required to get a minimum 5% raise ($42,500) which would bring his salary to

no less than the aforementioned amount.

So that explains how Skille's salary got halved in Chicago as an RFA. Those bastards must have found a loophole.

Good call on Abby's contract Martyrme19! :yowza: You're like psychic.

Lol almost. Like I said, I was merely sharing with all of you what he told me. I guess he knew more about his contract situation than some people gave him credit for. Or at least people need to start trusting me more around here :)

My latest post was that Miller was told he'll be staying in Detroit for this next season...so if he stays i'll be 2 for 2.