• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kingscollector2

hockey cards

Rate this topic

a card shop was selling a pack of old hockey cards...dont remember how much... and i bought one thinkin i could get someone cool so hey, why the hell not. I ended up getting Steve Yzerman's rookie card. needless to say I was pretty pumped.

a card shop was selling a pack of old hockey cards...dont remember how much... and i bought one thinkin i could get someone cool so hey, why the hell not. I ended up getting Steve Yzerman's rookie card. needless to say I was pretty pumped.

ya the old hockey packs are one of my favs to get haha i actually have like doubles or triples of my gretzky cards and i even have a zetterberg rookie haha

I also got a Luongo card when he was playing for canada's junior team. It was the gold plated kind of card thats suppose to make it more valuable. It came out the year he was drafted and when i looked it up on beckett at the time it said it was worth 500 bucks and he hadn't even played a game yet.

Ive never gone to look to see how much its worth now because i dont really think its worth what beckett says its worth. Afterall, you gotta find someone thats willing to pay that much for it.

Do you have any idea what the value of a rookie card would be compared to a card of the player on their junior team?

I have over 100 Yzerman's including his rookie card. It's the Topps one though, O-Pee-Chee is the money card. Not to mention tons of cards from 95-99 Wings era.

My Favs are Yzerman's RC, a Mickey Redmond card from the 70's that he signed, a card I sent Yzerman in a letter when I was a kid that he signed, and a signed Holmstrom card that I gave my wife (one of her favorite players) for her birthday.

Oh, I took my wife to meet Kirk Maltby, her favorite player. I got him to sign a card from when he was with Owen Sound. Big fan of that one too.

Do you have any idea what the value of a rookie card would be compared to a card of the player on their junior team?

It depends on the player but some collectors like junior stuff but most don't believe its a real "rookie". Guys like Crosby, OV and whatnot always fetch good money. Generally jr team cards dont hold their value unless its an auto or patch auto. I hope that helps!

It depends on the player but some collectors like junior stuff but most don't believe its a real "rookie". Guys like Crosby, OV and whatnot always fetch good money. Generally jr team cards dont hold their value unless its an auto or patch auto. I hope that helps!