• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
diehardredwing19

niemi out turco in?

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

the pay discount is contingent on brian campbell doing spin-o-ramas on turco's *** face all season. sort of a signing bonus

Does Turco's face like face of the same gender?

Well maybe I the only one that sees Turco coming to the Hawks as being an upgrade for them. Niemi won what?....26 games for the Hawks last year? In Turco's time with Dallas (Including his years as back-up to Eddie) he averaged 29 wins. He had one less win, 5 less losses and a better goals against average than eventual Vezina Trophy winner - Marty B in 2003-04. (And I feel the trophy probably should have been his in 2002-03...a 1.72 GAA, .932 SV%...in his first full season as a starter...are you kidding me?!)

Sure, Niemi has his name on the cup but after watching the Hawk's cup run, I felt more that the Hawks won despite Niemi's play and not because of his play.

I can see how his puck handling skills could be a benefit in helping to get the break started for the speedy forwards. And coming to the Hawks at the rumored price tag....I'd be thrilled if I was a Hawks fan and had this guy coming to town.

Well maybe I the only one that sees Turco coming to the Hawks as being an upgrade for them. Niemi won what?....26 games for the Hawks last year? In Turco's time with Dallas (Including his years as back-up to Eddie) he averaged 29 wins. He had one less win, 5 less losses and a better goals against average than eventual Vezina Trophy winner - Marty B in 2003-04. (And I feel the trophy probably should have been his in 2002-03...a 1.72 GAA, .932 SV%...in his first full season as a starter...are you kidding me?!)

Sure, Niemi has his name on the cup but after watching the Hawk's cup run, I felt more that the Hawks won despite Niemi's play and not because of his play.

I can see how his puck handling skills could be a benefit in helping to get the break started for the speedy forwards. And coming to the Hawks at the rumored price tag....I'd be thrilled if I was a Hawks fan and had this guy coming to town.

I see where you're coming from, and I don't think there would be much difference between the two. Niemi didn't play a full season for Chicago, so there's no telling how he'd handle being the full fledged number one goalie. On the other hand, Turco has nice veteran experience, but has questionable form hidden by his puck handling skills and is getting up there in age. It's a toss up, IMO.

I see where you're coming from, and I don't think there would be much difference between the two. Niemi didn't play a full season for Chicago, so there's no telling how he'd handle being the full fledged number one goalie. On the other hand, Turco has nice veteran experience, but has questionable form hidden by his puck handling skills and is getting up there in age. It's a toss up, IMO.

I agree, it could go either way. I think a lot of the recent woes in Dallas were placed unfairly on Turco's shoulders. The last couple of years in Dallas were not that great numbers wise but how good is a goalie going to play when all the speculation around you is that the team no longer wants you? Yet he still put up 33 and 22 wins.

Yeah, he's getting up there in age but 34 going on 35....ehh...he's still got some years in him. The Hawks are depleted but they are still the defending Stanley Cup Champs. That, and the change in scenery might be enough to light a fire under Turco and get him more true to form than these past few years dictate.

Well maybe I the only one that sees Turco coming to the Hawks as being an upgrade for them. I can see how his puck handling skills could be a benefit in helping to get the break started for the speedy forwards. And coming to the Hawks at the rumored price tag....I'd be thrilled if I was a Hawks fan and had this guy coming to town.

He's not a bad goalie, although he's pretty far down the list of goalies I'd take. But from a Wings fan's perspective, the Wings have owned Turco throughout his career. Datsyuk routinely humiliates him anytime they play, and the Joe Louis Arena is a huge mental block for him. I think he's only got 2-3 wins there in a couple dozen games in his career.

His going to Chicago wouldn't be particularly awe-inspiring anyway, but especially for the Wings it would be an opportunity for them to beat up on him a couple extra times a season.

I agree, it could go either way. I think a lot of the recent woes in Dallas were placed unfairly on Turco's shoulders. The last couple of years in Dallas were not that great numbers wise but how good is a goalie going to play when all the speculation around you is that the team no longer wants you? Yet he still put up 33 and 22 wins.

Yeah, he's getting up there in age but 34 going on 35....ehh...he's still got some years in him. The Hawks are depleted but they are still the defending Stanley Cup Champs. That, and the change in scenery might be enough to light a fire under Turco and get him more true to form than these past few years dictate.

Actually, they are pretty comprable in terms of save percentage. You can't compare reqular seasons because Niemi hasn't played enough games but in career playoffs

Niemi .910

Turco .914

How that ranks among the leagues best?

Bryz .925

Giggy .925

Kipper .921

Luongo .919

Bodeur .919

Miller .917

Khabby .917

Ward .917

Ozzie .916

Turco .914

Fleury .911

Niemi .910

Lunquist .907

Neither are great. It's not a terrible move by the Hawks. They save $1M+ in cap space and get an equally mediocre goalie. The only downside for them is that Niemi is at the begining of his career and may improve while Turco is what he is. He had a .913 last season which is about the same as his career .911 regular season average.

It's good for the Wings because Turco historically does not play well against the Wings.

....and the Joe Louis Arena is a huge mental block for him. I think he's only got 2-3 wins there in a couple dozen games in his career.

His going to Chicago wouldn't be particularly awe-inspiring anyway, but especially for the Wings it would be an opportunity for them to beat up on him a couple extra times a season.

Yeah but half the Chicago/Wings games are at the United Center....where Turco has a .667 winning percentage with a 1.67 GAA and nearly 20% of his wins are via shut-out. :P

Since the Hawks have trouble with him, maybe they're thinking they can pick up a few extra points by not having to play against him anymore? :lol:

Yeah but half the Chicago/Wings games are at the United Center....where Turco has a .667 winning percentage with a 1.67 GAA and nearly 20% of his wins are via shut-out. :P

Since the Hawks have trouble with him, maybe they're thinking they can pick up a few extra points by not having to play against him anymore? :lol:

Those games weren't against Detroit, however. :)

Shhhh....I'm trying to pump up the Hawk's fans so they'll be even more disappointed when we beat them.

The Hawks could lose their entir "core" and some of these Hawls fans would tell us that they should repeat because of all their awesome prospects.

At least there won't be many more sell outs in Chicago with them losing half their team and jacking up season ticket prices 20%

Are they stil planning on having a banner raising ceremony in Chicago or did that get cancelled?

I'd sell that as when Turco plays the United Center, the road teams wins 67% of the time. :D

Are they stil planning on having a banner raising ceremony in Chicago or did that get cancelled?

I dunno, but I hear they are having like 12 ring ceremonies.....1 for each stop on their schedule when they're playing a former teammate from the Cup winning team.