• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
diehardredwing19

niemi out turco in?

Rate this topic

Oh man, that sucks for us Wings' fans!!! Well, they still probably don't have the depth to get out of the West..........I still like Detroit.

Oh man, that sucks for us Wings' fans!!! Well, they still probably don't have the depth to get out of the West..........I still like Detroit.

Niemi is pretty much an average goalie who got hot for a couple rounds. He's not worth 4 million.

There won't be much dropoff in the regular season with whatever weak goalie they get (Huet started half the Hawks game last season and was terrible, Niemi started the other half and was average, and the Hawks still finished with 112 points). The postseason will be the difference. Is Marty Turco capable of getting hot for a couple rounds like Niemi did? Probably not, but whatever. Niemi is almost just as unlikely to do that again.

It sucks, but it was expected. This is Niemi's chance for a big payday, so he'll have to take it. Whoever gives him 4 million is going to be disappointed though.

Still surprised Turco didn't go with the multi-year deal with Philly.

I think he priced himself right out of the market, early on. Too big of a flooded goalie market this year. If he got this gig in Chicago, I think he is lucky.