• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

NHL Network Airing Cup Winning Games

Rate this topic

They've been doing this for several weeks now, going back to 1981 I believe, and I feel kind of bad that I keep forgetting to tune in.

Yes, I know. I wanted to give everyone a reminder when the Wings' games were going to air.

I think the next one they're showing is 1995, so I'm not sure too many people here want to revisit that game. :D

I'd consider that one a learning experience. For the players as well as the fans. I remember how we all thought that The Cup was ours before this series. I have even seen t shirts that were printed a little too soon. Getting their asses handed to them in 4 games, really woke everyone up as to what it takes to win a Cup.

I've really been enjoying watching this series. It's great to see how little of a circus handing out the Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup used to be. Thanks Gary for that one.

The first show was the 1975 series between the Flyers and Sabres. The last time Philly won. I wonder how they chose 35 years as a number? I guess that's 7 weeks of stuff to fill during the offseason. This Monday starts with 1995 at 8 pm EST. One year per day. Actually can't wait to see the rats in Florida from '96. Sure it didn't work out all that well in the end, but the ice littered with toy rats has to be one of hockeys funniest moments.

the morning replay of last nights game is on now. a few minutes ago lidstrom scored the first goal. the mccarty goal should be coming up soon. edit: man i forgot how nice of a play that was.

then tonight is the 98 series against the caps. that series was much less exciting IMO.

Edited by dobbles

WAtched it last night .. bout made me cry seeing Stevie give the cup to the illitchs' and mike and marion embracing and kissing every single player like it was their own blood .. pretty wild .. cant wait for tonight for the caps game .. I like seeing the postgame party in the locker room. I never got to see any of that

The 98 game is on right now. I watched last night and then now and am trying to figure out which team had the better story? Looking back, I had always just assumed the 97 team, but now thinking about what the 98 team given the situation with Vladdy, a young sort-of inexperienced goalie, etc, I'm not so sure.

Edited by Andrew