• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:22 PM

I was always wondering about that. He may looks like Teemu Selanne and then in the next shift he may lose the puck in its own zone like Aaron Downey. He may put all the effort on the ice once in the game and skip the rest. He may fight and then quickly back up from it. I do not get it sometimes. Who is (was) similar player.

to mods: please add "he" :)

Edited by RusDRW, 01 August 2010 - 02:25 PM.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#2 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#3 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

Are you really trying to open the floodgates here?

Let's put it this way: if a player were to cross-check him in the throat and end his career, I would feel zero sympathy.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#4 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#5 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

I hate him with the intensity of a millionf****** supernovas.
*this space for rent*

#6 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

Posted Image

Yes.

Are you really trying to open the floodgates here?

Let's put it this way: if a player were to cross-check him in the throat and end his career, I would feel zero sympathy.

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNxLaL-xhPQ

Yes.

And yes.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

This has got to be one of the best lines I've ever read. I agree with you a million %!

Side note: Is that guy in that "douchebag" pic even a real person? Like it hurts my eyes to look at him. He looks plastic!!!1
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#8 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

His douchebag rating is off the charts. Definitely in my top 5 list of biggest pansies in the league.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#9 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:42 PM

Perry is actually pretty awesome. Funny guy, brings some laughs to the game. Did he ever cheapshot anyone at all? Why all the hate, yeah he does some trashtalking, so what?

#10 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

I was always wondering about that. He may looks like Teemu Selanne and then in the next shift he may lose the puck in its own zone like Aaron Downey. He may put all the effort on the ice once in the game and skip the rest. He may fight and then quickly back up from it. I do not get it sometimes. Who is (was) similar player.

to mods: please add "he" :)

What kind of player is he? A good young power forward, with ppg potential and a decent mean streak, though you would never know it from reading this board. He will never be a "Go-To" guy on any team, but most probably will be an all-star player several more times in his career, and his game could really move a few levels up if he actually got strong enough to back up his trash talking/pseudo-enforcer ways.

I don't like him personally as a player, but I think myself as well as a lot of other people would love the guy if he came to the Wings.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 01 August 2010 - 04:48 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#11 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:58 PM

I don't like him personally as a player, but I think myself as well as a lot of other people would love the guy if he came to the Wings.

No. Getzlaf, I'd take in a heart beat. Same for Ryan. Perry needs to contract HIV, whither away to about 100 lbs, catch on fire, and while running towards the fireman who could put him out, get hit by a tractor trailer.
*this space for rent*

#12 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

No. Getzlaf, I'd take in a heart beat. Same for Ryan. Perry needs to contract HIV, whither away to about 100 lbs, catch on fire, and while running towards the fireman who could put him out, get hit by a tractor trailer.

Where exactly does all this hatred come from? I realize he's a douchebag, and his s***-talking to Sammy will always be remembered, but seriously do you really hate the guy that much? He honestly kinda reminds me of 90's Maltby, only if Maltby was good at hockey.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 01 August 2010 - 05:02 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#13 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

Does he have talent? Yes. Is he a ******? Yes. Does he run his mouth and hide behind his windshield? You bet. He talks, and never backs it up. Bottom line.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#14 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

Perry is the annoying kid that followed you around on the playground. You'd love to smack him, but he'd tell the teacher and you'd get detention. He threatens you, but all it is is talk and bother. You know that one of these days he'll get his, and you'll laugh. And laugh. And laugh.

I don't wish an off-ice injury on the guy. I just hope that he gets ragdolled like Ericsson did to him again- only this time by someone with serious fighting skills. I'd have loved to see what Probert or Kocur could have done to him.

#15 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

He's a weasel. That's what he is.

#16 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

Where exactly does all this hatred come from? I realize he's a douchebag, and his s***-talking to Sammy will always be remembered, but seriously do you really hate the guy that much? He honestly kinda reminds me of 90's Maltby, only if Maltby was good at hockey.

That may be it… but he's better than 90's Maltby. He *can* play… but he's a complete DB ******* ***** POS. I think that actually pisses me off extra.

I don't wish an off-ice injury on the guy.

Well, yeah, I don't wish him ill will off the ice, but if the jumbo tron fell on him mid-shift, I'd prolly LOL.
*this space for rent*

#17 WeBleedRed

WeBleedRed

Booya

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:29 PM

He played for London (where I live) in the OHL. Everyone I speak with that knew him, played with him, or had some connection with him,f****** hated him. He had this holier than thou attitude... guy took to the city like he was Gretzky (whom I also do not like), and acted like he saved the city when they won the Memorial Cup. Hated him then for the 32 games I went to that season, hate him now. f****** wish his head would explode on ice.

#18 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

He played for London (where I live) in the OHL. Everyone I speak with that knew him, played with him, or had some connection with him,f****** hated him. He had this holier than thou attitude... guy took to the city like he was Gretzky (whom I also do not like), and acted like he saved the city when they won the Memorial Cup. Hated him then for the 32 games I went to that season, hate him now. f****** wish his head would explode on ice.

Yup, Perry is a confirmed ******.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

I probably hate him more than all these other posters combined.

Since I can't put it in words, I won't even try.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#20 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

What kind of player is he? A good young power forward, with ppg potential and a decent mean streak, though you would never know it from reading this board. He will never be a "Go-To" guy on any team, but most probably will be an all-star player several more times in his career, and his game could really move a few levels up if he actually got strong enough to back up his trash talking/pseudo-enforcer ways.

Perry wouldn't be the same kind of player on the Wings and would likely be less effective. There's not really anyone on the Wings to help back up all his agitating and smack talk. On the Ducks he's got plenty of guys to cover him in scrums if someone wants to go. On the Wings he wouldn't, so he wouldn't likely play as big, which is I think a necessary part of his game.

To be clear, I think he's a ******. But a ****** that's a better fit with the Ducks than he would be with Detroit, douchiness aside.

Good hands. Not afraid to go to tough areas of the ice. Douchebag.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 01 August 2010 - 06:46 PM.