• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

He played for London (where I live) in the OHL. Everyone I speak with that knew him, played with him, or had some connection with him,f****** hated him. He had this holier than thou attitude... guy took to the city like he was Gretzky (whom I also do not like), and acted like he saved the city when they won the Memorial Cup. Hated him then for the 32 games I went to that season, hate him now. f****** wish his head would explode on ice.

Nonononnno if he were on the Wings you'd love him! Period!

Heh.

#42 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

Love him or not, Perry plays a role...

I bet Holmstrom is not exactly loved league-wide either.

#43 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

He's a skilled version of Maltby.

edit: i see the comparison was already made.

Edited by Echolalia, 02 August 2010 - 02:37 PM.

#44 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

Homer isn't king ****** either, he stands in front of the goalie and does his job. On the other hand Perry is king ******.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

Holmstrom is one of those guys that other teams fans hate, but they don't hate him because he runs his mouth or he throws cheap shots. They hate Holmstrom because you can hack and whack all you want, but he's still gonna stand in front of the net. They hate Holmstrom because he's a warrior and nothing phases him.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#46 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

Holmstrom is disliked by goalies because he screens them, and he is disliked by coaches who feel that he interferes; however, nobody dislikes him off the ice, as he is a nice guy on and off the ice and is generally sportsmanlike. Perry, meanwhile, is generally an unsportsmanlike douchebag both on and off the ice.

The two are incomparable. Holmstrom does not have a d-bag attitude. Perry does. He's a weasel.

#47 WeBleedRed

WeBleedRed

Booya

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:51 AM

No. Never.

Nonononnno if he were on the Wings you'd love him! Period!

Heh.

Attached Files

Edited by WeBleedRed, 03 August 2010 - 12:52 AM.

#48 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

Perry is not the type of player I'd want on this team. I'd never be happy with punkasses like Cooke, Kaleta, Clutterbuck, or Perry. The last thing I want on this team is a guy who does nothing but run his mouth and hide behind his windshield when challenged.

C'mon - we need a replacement for Maltby :lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#49 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:57 AM

We have one - Patrick Eaves.

Bertuzzi vs. Perry this year - bank on it.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#50 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

Eveeryone says how much they would hate Perry just like they would hate Chelios etc. Bottom line is if Perry came here and had an 80 point season he would be loved, just like Chelios was after a while here.

Sammuelson and Maltby both played the same way Perry does almost too a tee, except Perry will score 80 points and have a couple fights while doing it. I seriously doubt he would be hated after a season here.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#51 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

I seriously doubt that you're intelligent.

Perry will reign among the NHL's most hated players (teammates, included) until he is ENDED in a turtle-type event by a 4th liner who is simply tired of his gives-his-opponent-a-shot-on-the-ice-once-the-linesmen-jump-in, goalie-kicking, sneaky-elbow-throwing, cross-checking, trash-talking schtick...
Hockeytown - No Limits

#52 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

For some reason I thought of this video after I saw the thread title:

I guess it's because that's the latest video where I saw him.

#53 Wings_Fan_in_KC

Wings_Fan_in_KC

Honorary Grind Line Member

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

All that needs to be said about Douchey Perry has been said. He's a chickens*** c*nt who starts s*** with his visor pulled down tight and then runs away. He also blindside attacks people (like Rafalski) who have just retunred from injuries.

#54 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

I seriously doubt that you're intelligent.

Perry will reign among the NHL's most hated players (teammates, included) until he is ENDED in a turtle-type event by a 4th liner who is simply tired of his gives-his-opponent-a-shot-on-the-ice-once-the-linesmen-jump-in, goalie-kicking, sneaky-elbow-throwing, cross-checking, trash-talking schtick...

Yeah just like Maltby and Samuellson were hated around the league. Perry isn't out there throwing cheap hits like Cooke does, he just runs his mouth and acts like a ***** sometimes. Maltby in his prime was way worst and Maltby never backed it up. Perry will fight every now and then t least.

Say what you want but if we had a guy like Perry who threw the other team off their game while putting up 80 points, we would love him here

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#55 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

Newfy, I agree with what you say 99% of the time, but I just can't see myself rooting for a s*** like him. Does he throw the consistent cheapshots like Matt Cooke?No. But he runs his mouth far too much, and rarely backs it up. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you back it up, you can run your mouth all you want. I can't imagine myself rooting for him.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#56 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

Newfy, I agree with what you say 99% of the time, but I just can't see myself rooting for a s*** like him. Does he throw the consistent cheapshots like Matt Cooke?No. But he runs his mouth far too much, and rarely backs it up. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you back it up, you can run your mouth all you want. I can't imagine myself rooting for him.

Yeah just like Draper and Maltby but I'm sure you cheered for them back in 1997 and 1998, I know the hate on this board is huge for Perry especially because we have a bit of a mini rivalry with the Ducks, but come on, Chely was a hell of a lot dirtier then Perry, was on our division rivals and was twice as hated as Perry. Who really hates Chelios now though?

Its always different when the players aren't trash talking your own team and until that happens I know people will say I'm wrong but this guy outscored anyone on our team this year.. I'm sure we would cheer for a guy leading our team in goals

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#57 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

I agree. But then when I think about it, that is pretty much what Maltby in his prime did, and I've grown to like him. Granted he's shown tons of heart and sacrifice over the years to help outweigh those qualities. I'm not sure Perry would, but I guess it's possible.

#58 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

I agree. But then when I think about it, that is pretty much what Maltby in his prime did, and I've grown to like him. Granted he's shown tons of heart and sacrifice over the years to help outweigh those qualities. I'm not sure Perry would, but I guess it's possible.

I think Perry putting up 80 or 90 points would probably outweigh those qualities. Its not like hes some 4th liner running his mouth, the guy does kinda have room to talk. He outscores 99% of the guys he trash talks anyways

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#59 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

I can definitely see what where you're coming from. I'm sorta split on this. I've grown to love Malts, this is true. I could see myself rooting for him at times, but there would definitely be times when I'd be pulling my hair out.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#60 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

I think Perry putting up 80 or 90 points would probably outweigh those qualities. Its not like hes some 4th liner running his mouth, the guy does kinda have room to talk. He outscores 99% of the guys he trash talks anyways

Well, he's never cracked 80 so expecting 80 or 90 might be a bit much, but you're right. Even 70+ points would sure help putting up with his douchiness.