• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jett1913

It's Official: Turco to Hawks

Rate this topic

Envy? ...envy of what, sweetheart? 1 cup in 49 years? 4 cups in 84 years? finally winning a cup and dismantling your entire team (except the precious core)?

Someone needs to take that pic and add a virtual Sharpie to the faces of all those who've left - y;know, like the army does every time someone quits basic training.

Don't think it was envy. More so amazement. 49 years is a long time. ;)

You have to admit before the recent cup what was there to talk about for 49 years?

Breaking the long drought? The Hawks did have some good runs at times. Unfortunately there was this team called the Edmonton Oilers that kind of ruined it for the good teams we had back in the 80s. And of course, running in to Mario Lemieuex in the 92 SCF was a bit rough.

Not speaking towards you on this hillbilly. But I can not wait to see how all the spindoctors on this forum handle it when they find out the Hawks are actually going to be really good again this year. I imagine the spindoctors will laugh it off initially saying the Hawks are just hot. Come around Decemeber or January though, it will be impossible to deny the truth as Wing fans stare up to first place and see Chicago sitting there once again.

The strength of the team (defense) is as good as last year, and very well could be better. Remember the Hawks have kept their best defensive forwards as well (Bolland, Toews & Hossa). The goaltending should be as good, if not better. No Huet for 40 games....and Turco's puckmoving style fits the fastest team in the NHL to a tee. Yeah, yeah. yeah...Turco has sucked against Detroit. I get that. I want to see that continue with him as a Hawk before I declare this as a big problem.

The question is how guys like Stalberg, Skille, Makarov, Dowell, Vishnevskiy, Lalonde, Pisani...how those guys will replace the 3rd and 4th liners (plus Sopel on D) that the Hawks lost. Sopel is terrible at even strength and only was an asset when he blocked shots on the PK. I think they will be fine replacing him and probably will find an overall improvement there.

I'm strangely confident that the voids will be filled. No the depth won't be the same. But at the same time, with so many of the Hawks good players being so young, it would be strange not to expect a little improvement out of Kane, Hjallmarsson, Bolland and Toews. Bolland might be the guy to jump out the most this year. He seemed poised to jump out last year, then missed half the season with his back injury. He never seemed to be back healthy until the playoffs started. And IMO he deserved the Conn Smythe as much as anyone.

Breaking the long drought? The Hawks did have some good runs at times. Unfortunately there was this team called the Edmonton Oilers that kind of ruined it for the good teams we had back in the 80s. And of course, running in to Mario Lemieuex in the 92 SCF was a bit rough.

Not speaking towards you on this hillbilly. But I can not wait to see how all the spindoctors on this forum handle it when they find out the Hawks are actually going to be really good again this year. I imagine the spindoctors will laugh it off initially saying the Hawks are just hot. Come around Decemeber or January though, it will be impossible to deny the truth as Wing fans stare up to first place and see Chicago sitting there once again.

I lol'd.

Personally, as a Wings fan I have nothing against the Hawks. Actually, I've always kind of liked them. I'll probably catch some heat from the rest of the Wings fans here for saying that but whatever. That being said, ppl underrate depth at times and for anyone to think Chicago will be as dominant this year I think they'll be in for a rude awakening. I've always liked Turco and yeah Chicago's D is still strong but it's no where as deep as last year. Chicago will definitely still be a good team and they'll be near the top of the Central but with the lack of depth up front guys like Toews, Kane, and Hossa will not only be relied on more for scoring but other teams will be able to focur more heavily upon them.

It'll be a tough year for Chicago but I do think they'll have a solid season.

The strength of the team (defense) is as good as last year, and very well could be better. Remember the Hawks have kept their best defensive forwards as well (Bolland, Toews & Hossa). The goaltending should be as good, if not better. No Huet for 40 games....and Turco's puckmoving style fits the fastest team in the NHL to a tee. Yeah, yeah. yeah...Turco has sucked against Detroit. I get that. I want to see that continue with him as a Hawk before I declare this as a big problem.

The question is how guys like Stalberg, Skille, Makarov, Dowell, Vishnevskiy, Lalonde, Pisani...how those guys will replace the 3rd and 4th liners (plus Sopel on D) that the Hawks lost. Sopel is terrible at even strength and only was an asset when he blocked shots on the PK. I think they will be fine replacing him and probably will find an overall improvement there.

I'm strangely confident that the voids will be filled. No the depth won't be the same. But at the same time, with so many of the Hawks good players being so young, it would be strange not to expect a little improvement out of Kane, Hjallmarsson, Bolland and Toews. Bolland might be the guy to jump out the most this year. He seemed poised to jump out last year, then missed half the season with his back injury. He never seemed to be back healthy until the playoffs started. And IMO he deserved the Conn Smythe as much as anyone.

Talk about spin...

You lost nearly half of your rooster and you are "strangely confident that the voids will be filled".

You are kidding yourself and nobody outside of Chicago fans believe you - not the media, the other teams, the fans of other teams nor anybody else.

The Hawks are patched together with a bunch of AHL'ers and cast-offs and has beens from other teams. It will be a rough year in Chicago.

But keep telling yourself that everything will be all right.

I expect that by Christmas you will no longer be coming on here...

You should probably take off your rose-colored Stanley Cup shaped glasses now so you don't get as disappointed when the Hawks get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Yeah..I'm calling it.

Ok, you're reaching a bit here guy.

Hawks ended the amazing depth season with 112 points and proceeded to lose a massive amount of players during the off season.

The Red Wings ended the Injury plagued AHLer season with 102 points ( only 10 points behind you ) and proceeded to reacquire Huds, sign Mike Effing Modano and shore up our D line with an experienced vet in Salei.

The wings retained young assets, Abs/Helm/Eaves While the Hawks lose them, Ladd/Byfuglien/

I know you have a "Core" in Chitown. We have one here in Detroit so that does not scare me.

My point is stop reaching, its sad. Are the hawks gonna be last place next year? Not by a long shot... Will they be in first place and or repeat the cup, not by a long shot.

Edited for language

Edited by RedWingsFan13

Yeah, that's called stupidity.

You should probably take off your rose-colored Stanley Cup shaped glasses now so you don't get as disappointed when the Hawks get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Yeah..I'm calling it.

Well then, I thank you for calling this. Because we've seen the atrocious accuracy rating you guys here have with predictions about the Hawks. I would have been worried if you predicted a repeat.

Well then, I thank you for calling this. Because we've seen the atrocious accuracy rating you guys here have with predictions about the Hawks. I would have been worried if you predicted a repeat.

o.0 O'Rly?!?! Well I never call the Wings to win it because it is a jinx so I'll call it for you, Hawks with the repeat!

Be careful of what you say!!!

You see it here first folks, RWF13 put the hockey jinx on Hawkey-town, in fact I'm calling for the Hawks to win the cup for the next 47 years ;)

o.0 O'Rly?!?! Well I never call the Wings to win it because it is a jinx so I'll call it for you, Hawks with the repeat!

Be careful of what you say!!!

You see it here first folks, RWF13 put the hockey jinx on Hawkey-town, in fact I'm calling for the Hawks to win the cup for the next 47 years ;)

I don't know what this Hawkey-town that you speak of is...it has nothing to do with Chicago. But umm, thanks for playing.

I don't know what this Hawkey-town that you speak of is...it has nothing to do with Chicago. But umm, thanks for playing.

You are right. This isn't the Chicago Tribune.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-hawkkeytown-gallery,0,1663156.gallery

Neither is this.

http://www.amazon.com/Hawkeytown-Chicago-Blackhawks-2010-Stanley/dp/160078528X

Yup. Nothing to do with Chicago at all.

Of course you don't know what Hawkey-town is... you probably can't even find the arena without GPS.

Ok, you're reaching a bit here guy.

Hawks ended the amazing depth season with 112 points and proceeded to lose a massive amount of players during the off season.

The Red Wings ended the Injury plagued AHLer season with 102 points ( only 10 points behind you ) and proceeded to reacquire Huds, sign Mike Effing Modano and shore up our D line with an experienced vet in Salei.

The wings retained young assets, Abs/Helm/Eaves While the Hawks lose them, Ladd/Byfuglien/

I know you have a "Core" in Chitown. We have one here in Detroit so that does not scare me.

My point is stop reaching, its sad. Are the hawks gonna be last place next year? Not by a long shot... Will they be in first place and or repeat the cup, not by a long shot.

Edited for language

Tampa Bay has a core of Lecavelier, St. Louis, and Stamkos, who are all arguably as good as Toews, Kane, and Hossa. How did they do last season?

Tampa Bay has a core of Lecavelier, St. Louis, and Stamkos, who are all arguably as good as Toews, Kane, and Hossa. How did they do last season?

Or also Anaheim who had a core of Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Sellane and Niedermeyer.

Hawks lost over 80 regular season goals, I gaurentee those wont all be made up by the scrubs that came in. :lol: