• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsyukian_deke13

Mike Modano signs with Detroit

Rate this topic

According to the Detroit Free Press Mike Modano WILL be signing with the wings! This gives us unparalleled depth for our first three lines and I just can't wait to see him score in red and white on Turco in a Blackhawks uniform!

http://www.freep.com/article/20100802/SPORTS05/100802064/1319/Mike-Modano-will-sign-with-the-Red-Wings

Damnit. You beat me to it!

Anyways, I'm super pumped about this signing. The Wings now have the deepest group of forwards in the NHL.

Hudler-Modano-Cleary = 3rd line money!!!

Welcome Home Mike!!!

Damnit. You beat me to it!

Anyways, I'm super pumped about this signing. The Wings now have the deepest group of forwards in the NHL.

Hudler-Modano-Cleary = 3rd line money!!!

Welcome Home Mike!!!

Haha it's all in good fun! I normally don't post on the boards but then this popped up and I noticed nobody had bothered to post anything so I had to jump all over it. This is exciting though, Modano in a winged wheel just feels right to me! GO WINGS!

I was thinking the same thing. This is still speculation.

There is plenty of hinting in the article that would lead us to believe that he is signing with the Wings. But I'm with you; I won't believe it until he makes an official announcement.

“Big announcement Thursday,” Modano sent in a text Monday.

Modano: "Everyone, we're here today so that I can announce that my wife has yet another name. She will now be known as Willa Mandy Ford-Modano. Also, I am not Jon Heder. Thank-you."

Updated the title of the thread, as it's still a "report". When/if further confirmation comes, we'll edit as needed.

This should, however, provide some excitement for what might be an otherwise boring Thursday!

Guest VAL FILPPULA

According to the Detroit Free Press Mike Modano WILL be signing with the wings! This gives us unparalleled depth for our first three lines and I just can't wait to see him score in red and white on Turco in a Blackhawks uniform!

http://www.freep.com/article/20100802/SPORTS05/100802064/1319/Mike-Modano-will-sign-with-the-Red-Wings

Hey bro there's only ONE DatsyukianDeke13 on this board....and he is currently banned....LOL

On topic though, I've read on different sites that this is just a RUMOR. Modano is in Scotland right now and has yet to even skate. I would be surprised if a decision was made this week.

Me either. But he is quoted as saying something about a "big announcement" on Thursday.

hmm then maybe there is something to this...just out of curiousity, was he with Turco on vacation? dun dun dun