• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsyukian_deke13

Mike Modano signs with Detroit

Rate this topic

I'd be interested to hear what all Brett Hull and Chris Chelios told Modano. Also, did Modano call them, or did they call him? How did that work itself out I wonder.

Ermm... I'm being picky here, but....

Howe

Yzerman

Lindsay

Lidstrom

Sawchuk

Delvecchio

Kelly

Abel

Then Fedo-traitor.

Feds held out half the year one time and then a few years later, rejected a $50 million/five year deal to sign with the Ducks. Don't know any retired number-type players who would do that.

That said, 91 should probably not be worn for a long time. When he was on, he was the best two-way player in the game.

This sums it up pretty well, I think -- although "Fedo-traitor" is a little harsh. He stands out from the other Wings greats in a key respect: He's Russian, and developed under the old Soviet system. He had to commit a small degree of cultural suicide to play in the NHL, and the adjustment could not have been easy. (I know, I know, all of us would happily make such an adjustment for the million$ he was earning, but I've always been willing to give the oft-enigmatic Feds some slack for this reason.)

<br />From what I heard, they called him to tell him about Hockeytown.<br />
I wonder if they just did that on their own or what.

When Modano officially signs the 1.25 million dollar contract... from my check, we will have around $2,008,000 left under the cap, which is plenty to sign Abby and Helmer and also go out and sign a dman after we trade Meech. All in all not too bad at all!

When Modano officially signs the 1.25 million dollar contract... from my check, we will have around $2,008,000 left under the cap, which is plenty to sign Abby and Helmer and also go out and sign a dman after we trade Meech. All in all not too bad at all!

And just what are we going to trade Meech for?

A 6-pack of Bud Light?

I'd be interested to hear what all Brett Hull and Chris Chelios told Modano. Also, did Modano call them, or did they call him? How did that work itself out I wonder.

Hull: Cheli will give you endless bowls of chili.

Modano: That is a very enticing proposal.

Cheli: Hully said what???

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

i dont understand why they would resign people if they were just going to trade them. meech and miller are gonna stay somehow

welcome to detroit modano give it your all

To get something in return for an asset instead of letting them go UFA and gaining nothing?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Meech would look nice on the Chicago blueline.

I'm sure our forwards would think so too. :D