• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsyukian_deke13

Mike Modano signs with Detroit

Rate this topic

I was in Dallas for his 500th goal - the fans loved him so much there. I am sure there are a lot of sad people in Big D. It's sort of fun reading the newspapers where they are blustering saying they are fine without him. We'll see. No Mo, no Zubov... no heart, no soul. Turco gone? Meh. :lol:

I think Modano will fit into the Detroit locker room seamlessly, provide leadership to younger players, and will quickly become a fan favorite in Detroit. At least that is my hope for him. I am really only sad that Dallas didn't try to keep him, so he could end his career as a Star -- he is the face of the franchise after 20 years (starting as a North Star til present).

But that's not the way the world works anymore, I guess. Good luck, Mo!

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Franzen

Cleary - Filppula - Bertuzzi

Hudler - Modano - Eaves

Abdelkader - Helm - Miller

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Ericsson - Janik

Homer? Please no.

Edited by matemate

I'm just curious: why don't you want him on the team?

I think he or she was responding to the report that he might play more than one year with the Wings. After this year, there needs to be room for other players (Abby, Helm, Tatar, Mursak) to make the jump above the Wings' forth line. Currently the Wings' entire top-9 is signed for next year outside of Modano, and this log-jam may end up hurting development if it is continued.

I was in Dallas for his 500th goal - the fans loved him so much there. I am sure there are a lot of sad people in Big D. It's sort of fun reading the newspapers where they are blustering saying they are fine without him. We'll see. No Mo, no Zubov... no heart, no soul. Turco gone? Meh. :lol:

I think Modano will fit into the Detroit locker room seamlessly, provide leadership to younger players, and will quickly become a fan favorite in Detroit. At least that is my hope for him. I am really only sad that Dallas didn't try to keep him, so he could end his career as a Star -- he is the face of the franchise after 20 years (starting as a North Star til present).

But that's not the way the world works anymore, I guess. Good luck, Mo!

It's unfortunate that some of those very fans are now calling him a traitor for signing with Detroit.

I do hope he fits in as well, and wish him the very best with the Wings.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Franzen

Cleary - Filppula - Bertuzzi

Hudler - Modano - Eaves

Abdelkader - Helm - Miller

Homer? Please no.

Homer just resigned for two years; he's not going anywhere. Why the hate?

Guest mindfly

and btw i got a bit shocked where everywhere i read stars' fans and bloggers think of detroit as the team they hate the most / biggest rival... errr? they're in the pacific division we play them 4 times per year, 2 in their barn... WCF 08 in the playoffs in recent time... but they were no match... hmmm

Edit: spelling and facts error (two western teams can't play in the stanley cup final lol)

Edited by mindfly

and btw i got a bit shocked when everywhere star fans and bloggers think of detroit as their most hated team / biggest rival... errr? they're in the pacific division we play them 4 times per year, 2 in their barn... no stanley cup final between them(?)... WCF 08 but they were no match... hmmm

It's kind of like a lot of baseball fans hating the Yankees, or football fans hating the Colts. When you're at the top there's a lot of envy coming your way.

Guest mindfly

Babs has already put Homer on a line with Z and Dats!

Would be amazing if they could return to 07/08 form :D or is it wishful thinking?

Guest mindfly

Any word on fox sport carring the press conference on tv or not?

Not on tv as far as i know, but they will stream on their website.

<br />Homer scored 25goals last season did he not.. let the guy surprise us yet again?<br />
<br />

Homer needs an "A" on his jersey!!! Then the refs will have to listen to him.

I am serious. I would love to see him and Draper alternate.

<br />

Homer needs an "A" on his jersey!!! Then the refs will have to listen to him.

I am serious. I would love to see him and Draper alternate.

Any time I think of Homer having to speak, I'm always reminded of the fake quote from him to Zetterberg in '08-09 (KuklasKorner, if I'm not mistaken).

Homer - “You signing renewing and using ink for a name with paper?"

Z - "Jesus, Homer!"

Imagine the hilarity of that kind of banter from Homer to a Ref. :lol:

<br />"I had [Chris] Chelios and [brett] Hull talk to him, tried to put on a full-court press,'' Holland said.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/nhlnews/Wings+expect+things+from+Modano/3364291/story.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>That's our Ken</a>, craftier than ever.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yeah, I brought this up earlier in this thread. I was wondering if Hull and Chelios had called on their own or not. Now we know that Holland had one up his sleeve!!

Very cool!! I really really wanted to know more about this!!

Thanks for the link!

A huge reason why his productivity went down and why people are saying he's "washed up" is because he played on a terrible Dallas Stars team on the third line with Barch and Peterson, not exactly the best line. Here, he's playing with Cleary and Hudler and they are much better than who he played with there.

Not to mention, coaching differences. Babcock makes Crawford look like a b*tch, and when Tippet coached him he was so much better.

Guest screwdahawks

I'm not convinced. Why don't I want him? He doesn't strike me as the type who will be willing to drop his ego at the door, he is in it for the money only, and I just don't like his attitude. The world does not revolve around him. Now if you think you can convince me otherwise, good luck. I'm gonna be extremely critical of him. I want to see him sacrificing his body out there every shift, every night. Block shots, hit people who get in his way, fight for his . teammates...everything. Leave your ass out on that ice every night - then I might be convinced. But don't bet on it.

Wanna make a list of all the Wings players that play like that. Actually name one. They play hard most nights but there's not one f***in player that does it every night. "Fight for his teammates?" That's joke they won't even fight to protect themselves. Hello Franzen, cowering like girl and Zetterberg letting Piss face Cindy cross check him six times before he finally SLAPS at him. Yep we got a whole team of players that leave their ass on the ice every night. Get real.

Edited by screwdahawks