• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsyukian_deke13

Mike Modano signs with Detroit

Rate this topic

Wanna make a list of all the Wings players that play like that. Actually name one. They play hard most nights but there's not one f***in player that does it every night. "Fight for his teammates?" That's joke they won't even fight to protect themselves. Hello Franzen, cowering like girl and Zetterberg letting Piss face Cindy cross check him six times before he finally SLAPS at him. Yep we got a whole team of players that leave their ass on the ice every night. Get real.

I miss Lilja too.

Of course there are going to be people who don't like Modano. The guy had a reputation for being a whiner back in his prime years (earning the nickname "Madonna" for it), and was the proverbial "I score goals and am pretty" type of player.

Let's be honest folks. He's here because he can still produce some points and maybe give the younger forwards some offensive pointers, not because he's going to be the blue collar guy who hits everything in sight, fights, and is a penalty killing machine. I guarantee there are going to be times when we'll be unhappy with his play, just like Bert last season. We'll ride it out, and I think that in hindsight next offseason, most of us will have a favorable opinion of what he brought to the Wings, especially for $1.25 million.

With the addition of Modano and the return of Huds we've got a serious third line, now we hope everyone stays healthy. I'm chomping at the bit to see what this team can do.

Capgeek has him at $1.75M with the $500,000 bonus. Does anyone know what the bonus incentive is? Anyhow, I am totally excited to have him here!

Note: Capgeek also shows Ritola back on the non-roster players. Hmmmmm, he was on the roster for most of the summer, wnder what that means....

Well, they now have their 13 forwards, they can sign Abby and start him in Rapids, they have $1.6M avail in cap space. Are they happy with the 7 defensmen that are here or are they gonna throw a million at a veteran?

:lol: I think we burned ourselves out in the Wings persuing Modano thread, we had how many replies and how many pages in that one? This one is going kinda slow considering he has officially signed. BTW, you can update the title to include the details. 1 year, 1.25M with a $500,000 bonus (for what I still dont know.)

Edited by LeftWinger

Capgeek has him at $1.75M with the $500,000 bonus. Does anyone know what the bonus incentive is? Anyhow, I am totally excited to have him here!

Note: Capgeek also shows Ritola back on the non-roster players. Hmmmmm, he was on the roster for most of the summer, wnder what that means....

Well, they now have their 13 forwards, they can sign Abby and start him in Rapids, they have $1.6M avail in cap space. Are they happy with the 7 defensmen that are here or are they gonna throw a million at a veteran?

:lol: I think we burned ourselves out in the Wings persuing Modano thread, we had how many replies and how many pages in that one? This one is going kinda slow considering he has officially signed. BTW, you can update the title to include the details. 1 year, 1.25M with a $500,000 bonus (for what I still dont know.)

Bonuses are for playing 40 games, 55 games, winning Round 1, and winning Round 2. Abby will be with the Wings from the start and they'll carry 14 forwards. One of Miller or Ritola won't be on the team. Veteran D possible but I say start with Kindl/Janik and get a d man at the trade deadline if needed. Meech will likely be traded.

Of course there are going to be people who don't like Modano. The guy had a reputation for being a whiner back in his prime years (earning the nickname "Madonna" for it), and was the proverbial "I score goals and am pretty" type of player.

Let's be honest folks. He's here because he can still produce some points and maybe give the younger forwards some offensive pointers, not because he's going to be the blue collar guy who hits everything in sight, fights, and is a penalty killing machine. I guarantee there are going to be times when we'll be unhappy with his play, just like Bert last season. We'll ride it out, and I think that in hindsight next offseason, most of us will have a favorable opinion of what he brought to the Wings, especially for $1.25 million.

With the addition of Modano and the return of Huds we've got a serious third line, now we hope everyone stays healthy. I'm chomping at the bit to see what this team can do.

:siren:

Thank you.

The line is built more like the 4rth line of '02 with Larionov, Robitaille, and Holmer, although grittier becuase of Cleary.

If Modano did sacrifice his body every night, his season would last about 12 games, if that. Dude's not built that way (not even when he was younger), and thats not why he's here. He's in charge of getting that 3rd line to light the lamp, and have some defensive responsibility while he's out there. His name is Modano, not Modandelkador.

Edited by T.Low

:siren:

Thank you.

The line is built more like the 4rth line of '02 with Larionov, Robitaille, and Holmer, although grittier becuase of Cleary.

If Modano did sacrifice his body every night, his season would last about 12 games, if that. Dude's not built that way (not even when he was younger), and thats not why he's here. He's in charge of getting that 3rd line to light the lamp, and have some defensive responsibility while he's out there. His name is Modano, not Modandelkador.

hahahahahaha i almost spit out my drank on that one. nice one T.

Yep we got a whole team of players that leave their ass on the ice every night.

Unfortunately, this last sentence is far from reality. There are few guys that do it on a consistent basis through.

Wow. Those commentators look very unimpressed with his achievement. What's up with them? I wish they would be most enthusiastic for the best US born player ever... Oh well, perhaps those are Nashville's guys.

Bonuses are for playing 40 games, 55 games, winning Round 1, and winning Round 2. Abby will be with the Wings from the start and they'll carry 14 forwards. One of Miller or Ritola won't be on the team. Veteran D possible but I say start with Kindl/Janik and get a d man at the trade deadline if needed. Meech will likely be traded.

Nice way to structure the bonus.

Guest mindfly

It's basically a 1.75M contract tbh.. past 1st or 2nd round is pretty likely this season

Any time I think of Homer having to speak, I'm always reminded of the fake quote from him to Zetterberg in '08-09 (KuklasKorner, if I'm not mistaken).

Homer - “You signing renewing and using ink for a name with paper?"

Z - "Jesus, Homer!"

Imagine the hilarity of that kind of banter from Homer to a Ref. :lol:

I'll never forget that quote! I laughed so hard for so long and every now and then when it comes to my mind I still crack up.

Guest mindfly

Do you have a link to be sure? I'm going to buy a Modano jersey but I have to customize it because I want it to be a CCM one, the way it should be. :lol:

http://www.freep.com/article/20100805/SPORTS05/100805035/1053/Sports05/Modano-will-don-the-Winged-Wheel-on-Friday

"Modano, from Westland, is due to arrive in Detroit from Dallas about 12:30 p.m., and he’ll head straight to Joe Louis Arena to put on a red-and-white jersey. He has decided to wear No. 90 -- the best option given that his preferred number, 9, is hanging from the rafters in honor of Gordie Howe.

Screw Gretzky, have him wear #99.

QFT

Modano has a busy day scheduled Friday. Following the news conference, he’ll spend time looking for a place for him and his wife, actress Willa Ford, to live -- though presumably his parents’ basement is always an option.

:lol: