• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsyukian_deke13

Mike Modano signs with Detroit

Rate this topic

$1.75m? Awful, but I didn't expect anything less.

I understand you're all about youth, but can you explain to me why $1.25 with the potential to be $1.75 million if *all bonuses are met* is awful?

It really isn't....in fact, it's far from it.

I'm not convinced. Why don't I want him? He doesn't strike me as the type who will be willing to drop his ego at the door, he is in it for the money only, and I just don't like his attitude. The world does not revolve around him. Now if you think you can convince me otherwise, good luck. I'm gonna be extremely critical of him. I want to see him sacrificing his body out there every shift, every night. Block shots, hit people who get in his way, fight for his teammates...everything. Leave your ass out on that ice every night - then I might be convinced. But don't bet on it.

So why did he agree to play for only 1.25M? That in anybody's book is not much for him?

http://www.freep.com/article/20100805/SPORTS05/100805035/1053/Sports05/Modano-will-don-the-Winged-Wheel-on-Friday

"Modano, from Westland, is due to arrive in Detroit from Dallas about 12:30 p.m., and he’ll head straight to Joe Louis Arena to put on a red-and-white jersey. He has decided to wear No. 90 -- the best option given that his preferred number, 9, is hanging from the rafters in honor of Gordie Howe.

'Modano also thought about wearing No. 6. We'll keep you posted.' - @DetroitRedWings

EDIT Hockeytown Authentics just posted this on Facebook:

40180_387577707394_138356062394_3996243_292033_n.jpg

Edited by Travis

I'm very excited about this. This team has already improved a decent amount since last year. We SHOULD win the division and I like our chances.

It's been awhile since we battled it out with the Hawks. They weren't good for a long time and last year we didn't hold up our end of the rivalry. But they've lost some guys and with our just getting our guys back for a season and with a little more rest we've gained a lot. Madono's just gravy. It'll be fun to be battling them this year.

Wow, I need me a Mikey Mo jersey!

It's pretty cool... I was thinking the same thing. :thumbup:

It's been awhile since we battled it out with the Hawks. They weren't good for a long time and last year we didn't hold up our end of the rivalry. But they've lost some guys and with our just getting our guys back for a season and with a little more rest we've gained a lot. Madono's just gravy. It'll be fun to be battling them this year.

with Turco in goal. :yowza: :rotflmao:

$1.75m? Awful, but I didn't expect anything less.

If Modano's awful at $1.75 if he hits all the bonuses, what's Flip going to look like at $3 million if Modano ends up putting up as many points as Flip this year? I think both will be in the 40-50 point range, Modano will most likely score more goals, play solid defense and bring hall of fame leadership and experience into the dressing room. All for around half the price of your boy Mr. Flip.

It'll be interesting to see how you rationalize this stance as the season goes on, as again, Modano is so much more than just capable of putting up 40-50 points on this team. With Huds and Cleary plus power play time, I'd say 40 points is a given, 50 points is likely and only time will tell how much further he could go.

Guest mindfly

Is Flip doesn't get more points than Modano it would be epic fail as Flipper will get like 5-8minutes more of ice time per night...

Wow. Those commentators look very unimpressed with his achievement. What's up with them? I wish they would be most enthusiastic for the best US born player ever... Oh well, perhaps those are Nashville's guys.

It's sad to say, but I live in the Dallas area and Yes those are in fact the Dallas announcers. You would think that this milestone would conjure up a little more emotion than what they did. But then again, most of the Stars fans down here are bandwagon fans, so it fits.