• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsyukian_deke13

Mike Modano signs with Detroit

Rate this topic

well he's gonna be in great shape lol

where is the totally pretentious jerk i've read about from some posters on here. seemed like a nice guy here.

Can we drop the puck now? Please?

EDIT: Also, I would like to apologize to Mrs. Willa Mandy Ford-Modano for any false accusations I made against her in regards to Mikey coming to Detroit.

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive.

All right, as long as you're willing to admit that.

where is the totally pretentious jerk i've read about from some posters on here. seemed like a nice guy here.

No kidding, I never thought Modano struck me as a pretentious jerk or really anything other than a class act. Probably the main reason I'm so excited to have him here.

All right, as long as you're willing to admit that.

Now are you ready to work and do exactly what I tell you?

Believe me, I'm ready.

Then let's get to work.

*CRUNCH*

I'm sorry...here--here's your pinky.

Modano had to discuss moving back to Michigan with his wife, actress Willa Ford. That was quick as he said she told him to go for it, "to prove a lot of people wrong, to show people you can still play."

It's gonna be a great season.

Edited by Broken 16

Malts name has been linked to TB but Spector didn't think that would happen.

Kenny says somebody's not gonna make it, but he'll let preseason decide.

NOTE: He says "somebody", not multiple people. I think that means the Maltby offer is off the table or he'll be in GR if he's a part of the franchise at all.

The video on the previous page shows Mikey still likes those older CCM 652 Tacks as well.

Anyone remember Messier's old Cooper bucket?..I swear he had that same helmet since his days in Edmonton, and it must've been painted several times.

Well, that's the only helmet that would fit his weird ass head.

Watching the conference has got me so excited (even more so) for this season. I may even be more excited than when we pulled Hoss. Not that I think Modano will add to the team the same way that Hossa did, but come on it's Mike Modano! Will be so cool to see him in the winged wheel.

Just saw this on MLive.com

Very cool news from DetroitRedWings.com's Bill Roose: Mike Modano briefly touched upon playing in front of his parents and a number no-no regarding his choice of jersey number:

August 6, DetroitRedWings.com: “Obviously, they’re very excited to see me back,” Modano said. “And if this happens to be my last year than they want to be able to watch my last year of hockey, so they’re excited to have that opportunity with a lot of friends and family that will be able to watch me more often than they were able to when I was in Dallas.”

The NHL’s all-time leading American-born scorer was asked about the number that he’ll wear with the Red Wings. He had worn No. 9 throughout his playing career, but that number has been out of circulation since Gordie Howe retired.

“I wanted No. 6, but they told me about Larry Aurie,” said Modano, referring to Aurie, who played between 1927-39, and had his number retired by former Wings owner James Norris. “I thought it would be easy to just flip 9 to 6,” Modano said. “I would have loved 6, but maybe 90.”

From Jack Johnson's website -

"He's a great guy andit would be an amazing way for him to finish his career - in his hometown in front of family and friends, but it would be bad for me and every other team in the NHL. Modano would make the Wings stronger - trust me, he still has it."

Edited by Hockeytown0001

No C or A on the sweater. Although I'm wondering who it is, considering the gloves have "Lidstrom" on them.

There are ways to airbrush it away on photoshop and make it look like that. I'm sure it stuck out to the person who did it.