• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#201 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

Really happy about this, my question is, Will Mike wear an "A" on his chest?
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#202 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

Babcock- "I like our team here. I even said that to my wife."

..............lol that line made me laugh! I am as well thrilled with this signing. Ive been missing a third scoring line for a while now! Good Job Kenny

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#203 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:49 PM

In some pre-season scrimmages/exhibitions, maybe. Once the season starts, I highly doubt it.

We're already rotating the "A" between Z, Dats, and Draper. We'd either have to add Mike to that rotation (not likely) or remove one of the other three from the rotation (also not likely) in order to do so.

Now, if (God forbid) two or more of our current Alternates go down with injury, then there's a chance that you'd see the "A" on Mo's sweater, but you could also make the case that half of the roster could also wear the "A" too. I could just as easily see Rafalski, Stuart, Kronwall and possibly even Franzen with the "A".

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#204 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

This season can't start quick enough this year for me. Looking forward to see how much damage these top 3 lines can do.

#205 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:00 AM

Well, I didn't want it to happen, it'll mean the end of a promising prospect, but whatever.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#206 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:02 AM

This sums it up pretty well, I think -- although "Fedo-traitor" is a little harsh. He stands out from the other Wings greats in a key respect: He's Russian, and developed under the old Soviet system. He had to commit a small degree of cultural suicide to play in the NHL, and the adjustment could not have been easy. (I know, I know, all of us would happily make such an adjustment for the million$ he was earning, but I've always been willing to give the oft-enigmatic Feds some slack for this reason.)

Fedorov is my all time favorite hockey player. Watching him play was absolutely electrifying. I would have loved to see him go head to head against Ovechkin both in their primes. As much as I wish things had turned out differently, I can't help feeling nothing but gratitude for the years that he gave us. I would certainly consider retiring his number before Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

#207 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:31 AM

Fedorov is my all time favorite hockey player. Watching him play was absolutely electrifying. I would have loved to see him go head to head against Ovechkin both in their primes. As much as I wish things had turned out differently, I can't help feeling nothing but gratitude for the years that he gave us. I would certainly consider retiring his number before Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

Talk about having a nice problem. Can't imagine any team that's had the amount of franchise-type players that Detroit's had in the past 15-20 years that would've easily had their numbers retired with pretty much any other team.

#208 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

Is Ritola out of minor league options this year? he's gotta get waived before being able to get sent down? (and he would most certainly get picked up right)

#209 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

Is Ritola out of minor league options this year? he's gotta get waived before being able to get sent down? (and he would most certainly get picked up right)

Posted Imagez

The wings got this.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#210 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:49 AM

I'm thinking forward with the signing of a 6th dman etc...

#211 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:54 AM

If Federov had showed up and played the way he could every night then I'd probably agree with you. Unfortunately he took shifts, games, entire playoffs off. Had he not had that on and off again maybe he'd have gotten the love and the money he wanted as well. But a fair assessment of the root of his issue is that while he could be as good as you remember and frequently was, he also frequently wasn't. At his best he was better then Yzerman. On average not. At his best he was better then Datsyuk and Zetterberg. On average? Don't know yet.

If Madano really does this then he's going to be one of my favorite Wings. Talk about a home town discount. Or should I say coming home discount...
Frank Herbert: Fear is the mind-killer

Groucho Marx: Sincerity is the key to success. If you can fake that, you've got it made

George Patton: If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking

Doctor Who: Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink

#212 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:01 AM

Welcome mome, Ho.
Posted Image

#213 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:02 AM

Dallas Morning News got it right. This is a good article, by someone in Dallas that isn't a complete tool.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#214 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:03 AM

Everyone who guessed 90, you win 3 imaginary points!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#215 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

I would've guessed 91... :rolleyes:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#216 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:49 AM

Cool, I don't think I've ever seen a player wear 90 that I can recall.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#217 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

Cool, I don't think I've ever seen a player wear 90 that I can recall.

Joe Juneau.
*this space for rent*

#218 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 795 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

Nope. You're assuming they'd strip it from Drapes?

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#219 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

I like it.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#220 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

Joe Juneau.

Clark Gilles from the Buffalo Sabres in the late 70's
and
Enver Lisin from the Coyotes currently as well...

no one has ever worn it for the Wings...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.