• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu in Israel

Hockeytown leads

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/02/best-fans-teams-lifestyle-sports-fandom_slide_2.html

They reduced each of the top 4 leagues to 4 teams, then ranked them 1-16.

Detroit Red Wings(#3) was beat out by the Steelers(#2) and Red Sox (#1).

Other NHL teams on the list.

Chicago (#16)

Canadiens (#11)

Penguins (#6)

I think overall it's pretty good.

I read this earlier today. What saves our bacon is the fact that the Wings are the biggest road draw in the NHL. YAY for RWN West!

This is so true. I usually see them on the road and you have to buy tickets way in advance no matter where they play.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Well the away thing to me is a bit cynical....

If your a casual coyotes (whoever) fan, your going to see the best games of the year (and those are against??).

As much as I am not a fan, I'm not sure how the Maple Leafs are not in there somewhere.

Wings road attendance in 2009-10: 98.4 per cent capacity

Laffs road attendance in 2009-10: 92.5 per cent capacity

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Toronto was the 14th best road draw in the NHL last year - a factor which had to bear a not-insignificant amount of consideration.

Guest Datsyukian Deke 13

I lol'd at this part.

haha after they get slaughtered in the central, I'm not expecting much love

I remember going to the Leafs vs Red Wings last year in November in Toronto. There was more Wing fans in attendance than Leaf fans, I thought it was weird, but Yzerman, Hull ,Robitaille e did get inducted into the HOF, the building errupted when Yzerman was called too, it was amazing.Was still good to see Detroit fans outnumber one of the biggest NHL franchises sadly Detroit lost that game badly, but the HOF inductees made it all worth it.

Edited by darkmanx

I remember going to the Leafs vs Red Wings last year in November in Toronto. There was more Wing fans in attendance than Leaf fans, I thought it was weird, but Yzerman, Hull ,Robitaille e did get inducted into the HOF, the building errupted when Yzerman was called too, it was amazing.Was still good to see Detroit fans outnumber one of the biggest NHL franchises sadly Detroit lost that game badly, but the HOF inductees made it all worth it.

Goosebumps.. I remember they replayed the recording of this on the big screen at the Joe during the playoffs this year and I cheered like I was there every single time. Love you Stevie.