• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

#1 in hockey: doesn't surprise me at all. Red Sox fans > Steelers fans: I'm more than a bit surprised.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#22 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

I remember going to the Leafs vs Red Wings last year in November in Toronto. There was more Wing fans in attendance than Leaf fans, I thought it was weird, but Yzerman, Hull ,Robitaille e did get inducted into the HOF, the building errupted when Yzerman was called too, it was amazing.Was still good to see Detroit fans outnumber one of the biggest NHL franchises sadly Detroit lost that game badly, but the HOF inductees made it all worth it.

Edited by darkmanx, 10 August 2010 - 03:28 PM.

02_notcomplicated_Kronwalled55_zpsc7d665

#23 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

Ultimate win. So so true too. Greatest and most knowledgeable fans on the planet.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#24 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

^ That.

You'd think that Canadian fans would be more knowledgeable, but I recently visited the Canucks forum - I've never seen a bigger bitching-fest. Not to mention the 5 threads per page all about how god-like Luongo is.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#25 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

I remember going to the Leafs vs Red Wings last year in November in Toronto. There was more Wing fans in attendance than Leaf fans, I thought it was weird, but Yzerman, Hull ,Robitaille e did get inducted into the HOF, the building errupted when Yzerman was called too, it was amazing.Was still good to see Detroit fans outnumber one of the biggest NHL franchises sadly Detroit lost that game badly, but the HOF inductees made it all worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wfB-kl_6p4

Goosebumps.. I remember they replayed the recording of this on the big screen at the Joe during the playoffs this year and I cheered like I was there every single time. Love you Stevie.

#26 RedWings Gone Wild

RedWings Gone Wild

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

Wild fans are so much better than Blackhawks and Pens fans, it's not even funny.

Agreed, they follow their team well despite such a crappy on-ice product. But they don't exactly have fans in every hockey city around the country, and they don't sell tons of jerseys... so they don't make the cut.

As far as the Hawks and Pens are concerned... it really shows the bandwagon effect to see them on this list over dedicated fan bases like the Leafs, Bruins, etc.

#27 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

And the thing with Pittsburgh and Chicago is that their "fans" would jump off the bandwagon as soon as they fell from grace.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#28 DarbyGuy

DarbyGuy

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

:cool: Of course the Red Wings have the best fan base . I would like to think a bunch of fans like myself were the best.

#29 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

Groovy, neato, and all those goofy cool words.

#30 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

i go to Houston Aeros games a few times a year, and there are always a lot of wings jerseys in the croud.

Eff Chicago

#31 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

Same with me and the former Kansas City Blades of the IHL.

#32 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

This is somewhat off topic but I'm thinking of going to my first game at the JLA... I need suggestions on where to sit, what's good what's not and what's a fair price to pay... I'm looking at Lower Level Center 121 | Row 12 cost $220 and what side of the area should I be on? Your help is greatly appreciated!!

#33 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

This is somewhat off topic but I'm thinking of going to my first game at the JLA... I need suggestions on where to sit, what's good what's not and what's a fair price to pay... I'm looking at Lower Level Center 121 | Row 12 cost $220 and what side of the area should I be on? Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Which game are you looking to go to?

Sounds as though those figures you've posted are from Stubhub/Ebay; you might want to wait until single game seats are offered via Ticketmaster since it could save you some $$$.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#34 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:54 PM

Wings/Flyers Jan. 02... yea StubHub. I want good seats on the wings bench side... this will be my first one so I want good seats.

Which game are you looking to go to?

Sounds as though those figures you've posted are from Stubhub/Ebay; you might want to wait until single game seats are offered via Ticketmaster since it could save you some $$$.

#35 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

Wings/Flyers Jan. 02... yea StubHub. I want good seats on the wings bench side... this will be my first one so I want good seats.

Any seat in the Joe is a good one. Being surrounded by the best hockey fans isn't too shabby, either.

#36 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:58 PM

Gotcha.

One thing about Stubhub - prices will change as time goes by...Those exact same seats might drop $10 to $30 if you hold on a for a few months...In past years I've paid under face value via Stubhub, but it all depends how badly you want to go to that game.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#37 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Wild fans are so much better than Blackhawks and Pens fans, it's not even funny.

Very much agree with that. Especially since most Wild fans are just hockey lovers in general. I'd say about the majority of the Pens/Hawks fans I've met have started watching their team within the last 5 years.

#38 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:49 PM

I'm not surprised we're #1 in the NHL. I've been saying that for years! :cool:

Boston really cleaned up eh? Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots in the top 7! I don't watch enough NBA and NFL to have an opinion there, but I can't really argue with the Red Sox being #1 in Baseball.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#39 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

And the thing with Pittsburgh and Chicago is that their "fans" would jump off the bandwagon as soon as they fell from grace.

What makes you say that? Both organizations have turned things around. I don't think either team will be serious contenders this year but I guarantee they both continue their sellout streaks.

Back during the Dead Wings era our attendance dropped too. Once the organization turned things around everybody jumped back on the bandwagon and the team has been successful and drawing in fans ever since. What makes you think the same won't happen for Pittsburgh and Chicago? They seem to be dropping their old bad habits and putting together competent front offices now.

#40 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

They seem to be dropping their old bad habits and putting together competent front offices now.

You are right Chicago has done a hell of a job showing what needs to be done. Well how to get things done like Florida Marlins maybe.