• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

king_malice

Willie Mitchell

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

If they siugn mitchell several guys will have to move AND he will have to take a huge discount...get yer ass over here mitch, you wanna win don't you ;)

Never underestimate the shrewd managerial skills of one Ken Holland!!!

I trust in Kenny!!!

Now - get us Mitchell!!! :)

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

Patrick Eaves ($0.750m) / M Modano ($1.250m) / D Helm ($1.000m) / J Abdelkader ($0.900m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Willie Mitchel ($1.800m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.416m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.716m)

Total $59.372m

Geez, this looks like it could happen. I think what we need to know is.... does Mitchell qualify for bonuses due to games missed last year? If so, this is very doable. 1 mil salary and whatever required in bonuses.

I think with Mitchell's injury last season and spending 100days on the IR, he will be getting alot less money, I have read in a few articles people saying he will get somewhere from 1.5-2.25mill this year which isnt to bad id be alright with moving Eaves and Miller i like them both but Mitchell as our 6th D would be huge.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Modano-Hudler

Helm-Abdelkader-Ritola

Draper

Stuart-Rafalski

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Mitchell-Ericcson

Kindl

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Mike Modano ($1.750m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.516m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.800m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m)

DEFENSEMEN

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Willie Mitchell ($2.200m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.416m) /Jimmy Howard ($0.716m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $50,000

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,904,545; BONUSES: $500,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): -$4,545 im close there

Geez, this looks like it could happen. I think what we need to know is.... does Mitchell qualify for bonuses due to games missed last year? If so, this is very doable. 1 mil salary and whatever required in bonuses.

According to this article Mitchell does qualify for bonuses due to his 100 days on injured reserve last season : http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/blogs/

I'm told, actually could sign a contract with performance bonuses because he spent 100 days on injured reserve last year -- including the playoffs. The CBA doesn't spell out whether the 100 days is only during the regular season, so it appears after inquiries from Mitchell and the player interested teams, the league will allow this type of contract. I bet it'll be for a base of $1 or $1.5 million on a one-year deal plus bonuses.

Guest mindfly

So this means he could accept a 1.5M contract (with bonuses)... that sounds like a reasonable price?

I think with Mitchell's injury last season and spending 100days on the IR, he will be getting alot less money, I have read in a few articles people saying he will get somewhere from 1.5-2.25mill this year which isnt to bad id be alright with moving Eaves and Miller i like them both but Mitchell as our 6th D would be huge.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Modano-Hudler

Helm-Abdelkader-Ritola

Draper

Stuart-Rafalski

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Mitchell-Ericcson

Kindl

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Mike Modano ($1.750m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.516m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.800m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m)

DEFENSEMEN

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Willie Mitchell ($2.200m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,904,545; BONUSES: $500,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): -$4,545 im close there

Shave him back to 1.55 and keep miller and offer him bonuses.

I would be satisfied with E and Kindl in the lineup. No Mitchell needed to take ice time away from the kids. People were mad about Modano bumping Abdelkader down to the 4th line, but are fine with Mitchell putting Kindl in the press box?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

And Kindl - one of our top prospects - would sit on the press box. YAYY! Talk about being shortsighted.

Don't worry, Kronwall will be injured for 30 games giving him some time.

Don't worry, Kronwall will be injured for 30 games giving him some time.

And don't forget Big E going to the dog house for 10-15 so thats a good 1/2 a season he could play.

I would be satisfied with E and Kindl in the lineup. No Mitchell needed to take ice time away from the kids. People were mad about Modano bumping Abdelkader down to the 4th line, but are fine with Mitchell putting Kindl in the press box?

I think the argument that we shouldn't sign Mitchell because it takes away Kindl's ice time is pretty weak. Kindl would get plenty of ice time as the # 7 defenseman. In 08/09 Meech and Chelios were the 7th and 8th defensemen and they played in a combined 69 games. Last year we had 7 defensemen who played in at least 48 games. Plus, signing Mitchell might put us in a position where we have enough quality defensemen that we could occasionally rest either Lidstrom or Rafalski on the second night of a back to back. Also, even if we don't sign Mitchell, Kindl could end up being the 7th defenseman anyway behind Janik or a lesser free agent signing.

According to this article Mitchell does qualify for bonuses due to his 100 days on injured reserve last season : http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/blogs/

I'm gonna go ahead and call that.... splendid.

What the problem is? Holland can sign him to 1 mil base and another 1.5 in bonuses.

500k for 40 games,

500k for 60 games,

and another 500k for beating the piss outta Malkin.

Trade / waive Meech and Ritola and you're done.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Mike Modano ($1.750m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.800m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

/ Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Drew Miller ($0.650m)

DEFENSEMEN

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Willie Mitchell ($2.500m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,087,878; BONUSES: $2,000,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $312,122

What an offseason that would be. We'll have 2 mil possibly being deffered to next year, but I'm plenty good with that. Take advantage of Lids while he's still here. Go for it.

edit... oh, have abs at 800, might be 900

Edited by Leadzedder

In my mind Abdelkader will get something like 900K-950K, but that still works!

I supposed Abby is a 2nd round pick but I don't know about that. I think the reason why Helm's was higher than I expected is because of his performances in the 08 and 09 playoffs and including this past season where he led forwards in PK time I believe.

Yeah i'd guess it will be pretty darn close to the 912 of Helm. But yeah...... that does work.

I'm cool with 200k cap room. 2 extra forwards, 1 extra D. The only time it would cause a problem is if we had 3 forwards injured at the same time without any of them injured enough to do LTIR which is what 10 games? Same thing with defence but it would be 2 at a time could be a problem. And if i understand it correct the problem would go away the second half of the season but i might be wrong. Having no cap room with a roster of 21 is plenty sketchy but I think we'd be ok.

Well I assume the announcement will be coming soon. I doubt Abby would take a ton, especially being aware of the cap crunch and the pursuit by Kenny of Willie Mitchell. I bet Abdelkader realizes this team needs every penny it can save to be able to get what they (Kenny&Co.) feel are needed to bring Stanley back where it belongs! :thumbup:

Couldn't we also sign Mitchell for a 2 year, 3/4 mill deal, with this year being 1m, and next year being 2? Something like that, that would cut his cap hit down a bit, thus making him available, and also giving him more money next year, when we have it?