• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mjtm77

Red Wings Shootout lineup

Rate this topic

Guest mjtm77

hey guys I have been watching some datsyuk shootout goals and with Modano and Hurdler joining the team I thought to myself what will the shootout lineup be. With having a not so good shootout record last year it has been in my head for a few days what it will look like so can you guys help me out by saying what you think the 2010-2011 Red Wings shootout line up will be. And how much will Modano and Hurdler help us win in the shootout.

Modano will definitely get his chances in shootouts. In fact, I'd rather have him shooting than Zetterberg. Don't get me wrong, Hank is a beast and he's one of my favorite players. But for some reason it seams like he always struggles when it comes to netting one in a shootout scenario.

Modano will definitely get his chances in shootouts. In fact, I'd rather have him shooting than Zetterberg. Don't get me wrong, Hank is a beast and he's one of my favorite players. But for some reason it seams like he always struggles when it comes to netting one in a shootout scenario.

I agree with you 100%, Zetterberg is easily one of the best 2-way forwards in the NHL and one of the top 5 overall players (when you factor in all facets of his game) in the NHL, but 1 on 1 in penalty shot scenarios, he doesn't seem to be horribly creative, or keep goalies off balance - which you need to be when it's 1 on 1...

If I had my druthers with Hudler and Modano on the roster now, I would go:

Hudler

Datsyuk

Modano

if it goes extras:

Bertuzzi

Franzen

Zetterberg

Filpulla

and so on and so on however you want to order it from there...

I agree with you 100%, Zetterberg is easily one of the best 2-way forwards in the NHL and one of the top 5 overall players (when you factor in all facets of his game) in the NHL, but 1 on 1 in penalty shot scenarios, he doesn't seem to be horribly creative, or keep goalies off balance - which you need to be when it's 1 on 1...

Hudler

Datsyuk

Modano

if it goes extras:

Bertuzzi

Franzen

Zetterberg

Filpulla

What about Eaves LMFAO

Was contemplating the same thing some yesterday.

Unless they somehow just really start to struggle, I think the two locks will be Datsyuk and Hudler. I think one of the other slots could be any form of Bertuzzi, Modano, or Zetterberg. If I were to start it, I'd probably go in the order of...

Datsyuk

Hudler

Bertuzzi

Modano

Zetterberg

Filppula

Franzen

After that it's just a matter of mixing and guessing I think. I think you can roll the dice fairly equally as you go down the line if need be.

Hudler

Datsyuk

Modano

if it goes extras:

Bertuzzi

Franzen

Zetterberg

Filpulla

I have the exact same lineup except Huds and Datsyuk are switched. I think Dats has the best opportunity to score on the first shot, and he allows Huds and Modanno to observe how the goalie reacts in net. Although Hudler is no slouch either, and giving Datsyuk a chance to watch the goalie might bring his already strong so% up even higher (although if I'm recalling correctly, most of the times that he doesn't score on the so are because he misses the net).

Isn't hudler alot like cleary with the fake and then goes backhand?

I've seen him be quite successful with that move, but I've seen him use other moves and work as well... he's a sniper, by the very definition of the word, and he's great in shootouts...

Here's one of him faking the backhand and then going back forehand

Here's one of him just flat picking a corner:

Z is horrible in shootouts. I always wondered why he would be put in over Bert who always seemed to be successful in the shootouts. I'm not sure how Modano is in shootouts but with 500+ goals I'm sure he's alright.

Its gotta be Dats, Hudler then maybe toss Bert or Mikey in there depending on whose playing well that game.

On a side note, I sure wish we had jason williams still for the shootouts :rolleyes:

Modano isn't particularly good in shootouts.

Over a smaller sample size, he's pretty much on par with Zetterberg...

Henrik Zetterberg - 11/38 = 28.95%

Mike Modano - 8/28 = 28.57%

I would still rather he go than Hank, because Hank has gone downhill in the SO and I think teams have figured him out...

Once again - this is ONLY about shootouts...