44 replies to this topic

#21 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

I had a dream last night where Eaves threw a huge hit in the corner, then Abs did the same in the opposite corner... then the puck went up the middle and Helm had a huge open ice hit. All three guys dropped the gloves and had an all-forward brawl with the other team...

Make it happen.

#22 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

I had a dream last night where Eaves threw a huge hit in the corner, then Abs did the same in the opposite corner... then the puck went up the middle and Helm had a huge open ice hit. All three guys dropped the gloves and had an all-forward brawl with the other team...

Make it happen.

That won't happen with Helm but I could see the other 2 sometime next season fighting on the same shift. Eaves isn't a bad scrapper when he decides to go, I would like to see more of it out of him really. And playing with huge hitting, agitating Abby I think Eaves will be forced into it more this year.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#23 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

Will Babs play Downey over Abby or Helm or Eaves? I sure the hell wouldn't ! I don't think he's going to make the Grand Rapids team!
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#24 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

Short question:

What if Maltby shows an outstanding performance at the training camp?! Playing better than Eaves, Miller, Helm and Abdelkader...

does he really have the chance to earn a spot on the roster?

#25 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

Short question:

What if Maltby shows an outstanding performance at the training camp?! Playing better than Eaves, Miller, Helm and Abdelkader...

:lol:
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#26 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Short question:

I'm grateful for everything Malts has done for the Red Wings, but I sure hope not. It's time to move ahead with youth. There are too many "possible" forwards pining for the 4th line. You've got Abdelkader, Helm, Eaves, Miller, Draper, Ritola, Maltby and Downey as possibilities. Unless a couple of those guys are willing to play in Grand Rapids, namely Malts and Downey, I doubt they'll be with the Wings in any capacity.

#27 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:10 PM

downey would be awesome with abby and helm.. but i think it'll end up being abby helm and miller.. with eaves and draper getting games here and there. drapers a decent pk too.. i could see maltby being offered a 2-way and declining it.... but who knows. i am very excited for this season though!!

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#28 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

downey would be awesome with abby and helm.. but i think it'll end up being abby helm and eaves.. with miller and draper getting games here and there. drapers a decent pk too.. i could see maltby being offered a 2-way and declining it.... but who knows. i am very excited for this season though!!

Fixed that for ya. :)

#29 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

hahaha well either way would be good with me. if miller or eaves starts then goes cold, the other could take over or something

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#30 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

We're deep enough that we can put Gordie Ted and Al on the 4th and let the youngsters vie for time with Mike.

#31 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

my dream team

Lebda-Lebda-Lebda
Lebda-Lebda-Lebda
Lebda-Lebda-Lebda
Lebda-Lebda-Lebda

Lebda-Lebda
Lebda-Lebda
Lebda-Chelios
Meech
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#32 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

I don't see Helm can't add a little fighting aspect to his game. He has rather stone like hands anyways.

#33 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

I'd be all for Helm fighting more, as long as he's not hiding behind his windshield. If he loses the lid before he starts throwing, I'm fine with that.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#34 taxijim

taxijim

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:45 PM

I'd be all for Helm fighting more, as long as he's not hiding behind his windshield. If he loses the lid before he starts throwing, I'm fine with that.

I'm from Helm's hometown.....it should be in his genes.....his uncles could really throw em.....lol

#35 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:03 AM

Question: If we assume that the lines will be:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Hudler-Modano-Cleary
Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Who are the fair candidates for the two reserve forwards spots?

Of course we got Draper, Miller, Ritola. I actually think Maltby and Downey are fair candidates. Anybody else?

#36 Gutierrez

Gutierrez

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:26 AM

I don't understand the lack of love for Miller. I thought he played well with us last season, especially teamed with Eaves on pk, and even chipped in a few goals.

#37 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

Gotta have ma man Downey in there some games next year!:thumbup:

In the ECHL you mean? Because that's where he belongs.

Posted Image

#38 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:29 AM

To me, Abby-Helm-Eaves, has that grind line kind of feel to it. If only Abby could throw them like DMac. The other 2 compare quite well to Draper and Maltby, with Eaves having that offensive upside of someone who scored 50 in Juniors.

As for Miller, I see him as redundant. Especially with Eaves here. I don't see Miller being any better than he was last year, where I see room for Eaves to improve his game. And keep in mind, he's a coaches kid and plays like one. Always in position and always ready to do what the coach asks of him. I see Miller, somehow playing in Tampa again next year.

Edited due to big thumbs on a mobile device.

Edited by BigWillieStyle, 13 August 2010 - 05:32 AM.

#39 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

I don't understand the lack of love for Miller. I thought he played well with us last season, especially teamed with Eaves on pk, and even chipped in a few goals.

It's not really about a lack of love for him. It's just that the Wings have only so many roster spots.

#40 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

With Abby soon to be signed we have to get rid of two players I think one is meech the other is either Miller or Ritola Malts may take a two way deal maybe Downey also with two way deal. That leaves Draper and the one left over between Miller or Ritola. That's the way I see it going down.

Question: If we assume that the lines will be:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Hudler-Modano-Cleary
Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Who are the fair candidates for the two reserve forwards spots?

Of course we got Draper, Miller, Ritola. I actually think Maltby and Downey are fair candidates. Anybody else?

"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image