• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingfan1991

Red Wings iPhone app!

Rate this topic

Just downloaded it. Not much to it besides the normal stuff. First page has news, second has schedule, third stats, fourth standings, and the more has Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Player Playlists, Blog, Feedback, and Tell A Friend. You can get a lot of that from the normal sports apps on the iPhone. I would like it to add at least alerts and reminders for current scores and upcoming games, like Sportacular. Plus, some audio and video clips would be nice, besides the YouTube.

Edited by CenterIce

Look at Sportacular. I think it is the best general sports app out there. It has all the scores, schedules, stats, and news for all the major sports, including individual team related. It also can alert you to upcoming games and score changes.

Edited by CenterIce

Guest CaliWingsNut

love it... wings create iphone app the same day as Android is now top-selling OS in American smartphones

PORT WASHINGTON, NEW YORK, August 4, 2010 - Riding the wave of new handset introductions and wide carrier distribution in the second quarter (Q2), the Android smartphone operating system (OS) continued its upward climb in the U.S. consumer mobile phone market, according to The NPD Group, a leading market research company. For the first time since the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2007, RIM fell to second position, as Android took the lead among operating systems in handsets sold to U.S. consumers. NPD's latest wireless market research reveals that Android accounted for 33 percent of all smartphones purchased in Q2, ahead of RIM (28 percent) and Apple (22 percent).

love it... wings create iphone app the same day as Android is now top-selling OS in American smartphones

Windows out sells Apple computers too... that doesn't make them better, iOS is on one phone, the OS and the phone are made by the same company which allows them to ensure it works seemlessly. Android is on at least 10-15 different phones currently and on 4 major carries in the US. The iPhone is on one.

I know it's a matter of opinion but I have yet to use an Android phone that compares to the iPhone favorably. They have gotten ALOT better since the G1 and I am sure a few more revisions and they will be right there. They are still lacking a music distribution source as widley supported as iTunes and the App Store leaves something to be desired. Until they fix those two things it won't matter to a lot of people how great the Android OS has gotten.

Edited by Booster313

Guest CaliWingsNut

Windows out sells Apple computers too... that doesn't make them better, iOS is on one phone, the OS and the phone are made by the same company which allows them to ensure it works seemlessly. Android is on at least 10-15 different phones currently and on 4 major carries in the US. The iPhone is on one.

I know it's a matter of opinion but I have yet to use an Android phone that compares to the iPhone favorably. They have gotten ALOT better since the G1 and I am sure a few more revisions and they will be right there. They are still lacking a music distribution source as widely supported as iTunes and the App Store leaves something to be desired. Until they fix those two things it won't matter to a lot of people how great the Android OS has gotten.

I'm not getting into this debate. I am an android fan (mostly due to my anti-apple opinions, which are plentiful), both sides fight over this topic like it's religion.

I don't agree with some of your statement(s), but in turn we could go back and forth about technology on a hockey board.

the best app i think is sportsnews. its pretty awesome. you can click on the bottom to which sport you want to look at and then scroll through 5 different sites of that sport.

click on hockey and the first site is nhl.com,then next is espn,fox,cbs,and then SI. you can do that for each sport. its pretty cool i think

Could not resist! :) Must watch!

Look at Sportacular. I think it is the best general sports app out there. It has all the scores, schedules, stats, and news for all the major sports, including individual team related. It also can alert you to upcoming games and score changes.

Having both used Sportacular Pro and the ESPN Scorecenter app, I greatly prefer the Scorecenter.

Then again if you have an iPhone 3G or the 1st gen, I would rather shoot myself than use either app because they're so slow.

But Scorecenter on the iPhone 4 is pretty unbeatable. It's an incredibly easy app to use.

Could not resist! :) Must watch!

That's actually really funny, I still contend that it is the way everything operates that makes the iPhone a great phone, I know there are phones with better performance in certain areas. I just haven't used one that did so many things really really well.