• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

robat

Helm signs 2 year extension

Rate this topic

Nice deal.

Looks like they say Abdelkader will get a similar deal. Assuming either Ritola or Miller are waived or traded and that if another D-man comes in Meech is gone the Wings have just around 1 million to sign a #6 D-Man

If Miller and Meech are both moved, I've got a Remaining Cap Space number of $1,847,500. That means Kenny could spend roughly $1,347,500 on a Dman now (and still have his $500k injury reserve) or wait until the deadline and bring in a guy making around $4.5 million.

Just some food for thought.

Not really Helm related, but I was so excited when I saw this news (not that it's terribly surprising...) that I bought my yearly new Red Wings hat a bit early this year! Just ordered this bad boy!

51TaHl17StL._SS500_.jpg

This is total homerism but I don't care. With every signing, this team feels more and more like a ginormous juggernaut just waiting to be unleashed. Can't wait for the season to start.

I am TOTALLY with you on this one.....I am stoked

This is total homerism but I don't care. With every signing, this team feels more and more like a ginormous juggernaut just waiting to be unleashed. Can't wait for the season to start.

I know. Hockey season means summer is over and that means this insanely oppressive heat will be gone, too. Heat indexes of 110+ suck.

My deepest hope is, however, that Babs has spent the entire summer giving Helm "shot practice." I love his speed and aggressiveness, but what good does it do when he breaks away with the puck only to end up shooting like a 13-year old girl who just drank three pina coladas???!!!

My deepest hope is, however, that Babs has spent the entire summer giving Helm "shot practice." I love his speed and aggressiveness, but what good does it do when he breaks away with the puck only to end up shooting like a 13-year old girl who just drank three pina coladas???!!!

The world isn't ready for someone who can skate 40 mph, grind opponents into oblivion, and snipe out top shelf.

A lot of times he seemed like he was trying to do too much out there. Hopefully he returns to his simple game of nailing people (where was that last year?), being good defensively and being a great penalty killer. If he plays his style of game the goals will come, something just seemed a bit off about him last season. Either way I still like him and hope he and his buddy Abby tear it up nex season