• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zetterbergfan

Why Z is going to have an awesome year!

Rate this topic

Hank scoring 40 or 50 goals would be great, but it's not important to me in the bigger picture. If he, along with everyone else that will be on the team, can be productive for 82 games and we can avoid getting decimated by injury after injury after injury, we're golden. That will be a more exciting accomplishment -- getting through a season nearly injury-free.

Guest VAL FILPPULA

Aside from being a motivated newly wed.... Z should have a "rebound" year based solely on these numbers!

I think Hank could finally hit the 50 goal mark. Pavel could get 100 pts. Please keep this line together, Mike!

I would calculate a 3% chance of that happening. I would be shocked if he broke 40 again. 50 will not happen. Pavel may get 100 pts, but I don't know how likely that is either.

Hank scoring 40 or 50 goals would be great, but it's not important to me in the bigger picture. If he, along with everyone else that will be on the team, can be productive for 82 games and we can avoid getting decimated by injury after injury after injury, we're golden. That will be a more exciting accomplishment -- getting through a season nearly injury-free.

Agreed - if Zets (and everybody else) can just stay healthy, that's an awesome enough year for me! I think they'll all do just fine as long as they get a whole season's worth of ice time in. Help us, hockey gods, you're our only hope. (Well, maybe not our only hope...we do have some pretty rockin' 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines this year.)

Edited by MulesWillFly93

zetterberg will not get 50 goals. Lets be realistic here

Realistically, if he plays healthy most of the season on the top line with Datsyuk, he could easily score 50. The last time he was on Datsyuk's line for the majority of the time was the year prior to Hossa. That year Z had 43 goals. He stated after that year that he wanted to be a 50 goal scorer. But then the Wings got Hossa and Z was a 2nd line shut-down center with lesser linemates and less ice-time. Last season was a down year with a few injuries and a decimated line-up. I say there is a great chance the team and Zetterberg have "comeback" years.

As for Grigorenko being on the list before... I have no idea where that came from. I have gone back and can't find the erroneous box score. I guess I just made a mistake and listed him, despite knowing the fact that they never played together.

Realistically, if he plays healthy most of the season on the top line with Datsyuk, he could easily score 50. The last time he was on Datsyuk's line for the majority of the time was the year prior to Hossa. That year Z had 43 goals. He stated after that year that he wanted to be a 50 goal scorer. But then the Wings got Hossa and Z was a 2nd line shut-down center with lesser linemates and less ice-time. Last season was a down year with a few injuries and a decimated line-up. I say there is a great chance the team and Zetterberg have "comeback" years.

As for Grigorenko being on the list before... I have no idea where that came from. I have gone back and can't find the erroneous box score. I guess I just made a mistake and listed him, despite knowing the fact that they never played together.

i'm with you on this one. if Z is reunited with dats and homer all year, he'll come very close or hit 50+...if he plays 82 games. one other thing not mentioned by anyone...i was watching the NHL network and the top 10 saves of 2010, almost half were on Z. if those go in he hits 30 last year. Z finishes the season 82games - 51 goals, 53 assists

Dats 82 games - 37 goals, 64 assists

homer farts in turco's face :yowza:

he gets 134 points this year in 79 games. 62 goals and 72 assists. he also wins the rocket richard trophy and the art ross and for the first time in the nhl the entire line of Z, Dats and homer share the Hart trophy. Howard and Ozzie get the jennings, howard gets the vezina, lidstrom gets norris, datsyuk gets byng and selke, also the conn smythe. and abdelkader leads the league in fighting majors. Datsyuk breaks 100 assists and leads the league with a +163 rating

Guest mindfly

Z could easily score 50 if he was put on all offense, now he's one of the best shutdown guys in the game and he's got to be equally good in the defensive zone... nothin new just sayin'

Edited by mindfly

Z could easily score 50 if he was put on all offense, now he's one of the best shutdown guys in the game and he's got to be equally good in the defensive zone... nothin new just sayin'

Exactly. The Wings forwards play O and D, they roll 4 lines to keep them fresh and try to move the puck around and different people score. It just prevents individual monster scoring from guys who could do it if they could play more and be one dimensional. We prefer Cups.

Exactly. The Wings forwards play O and D, they roll 4 lines to keep them fresh and try to move the puck around and different people score. It just prevents individual monster scoring from guys who could do it if they could play more and be one dimensional. We prefer Cups.

Z scored 43 last time they won the cup, playing a defensively minded game. It is completely reasonable to assume he could score 7 more goals, especially if he played a full 82 games. It isn't probable, but it could happen. I think he will at least have a new career high...44+

Edited by zetterbergfan

Z scored 43 last time they won the cup, playing a defensively minded game. It is completely reasonable to assume he could score 7 more goals, especially if he played a full 82 games. It isn't probable, but it could happen. I think he will at least have a new career high...44+

I agree it's possible he'll score 50. But it's not the priority, which makes it less likely.