• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

24fan4ever

Team still needs grit!

Rate this topic

The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955.

esteef

:lol:

To the OP, glad your post got back to even, getting negged for an opinion is redonk, get off your high horses some of you. And to your point, I think we're plenty tough as long as we add a Hnidy type (but god cuz of the rumors and how much I love him, im hoping for Willie Mitchell :yowza:) and sign Downs as one of the spare forwards. Cuz you know with Downey under contract, in the regular season we are 105-42-17 and 31-13 in the playoffs :D

The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955.

esteef

First off, this is awesome.

We need some on the blueline. Kronwall and Stuart hit, but that's not the same as punishing guys around your net. And in case someone was going to suggest it, Ericsson doesn't do that either.

Secondly, I agree with this 100%. If we need grit anywhere it's on defense. Ericsson just doesn't have any kind of mean streak, and he needs one badly. To me, defense who can strong-arm opposing forwards out of the crease has been one glaring issue on the team. Every time I think about it, I remember when Rob Niedermayer (I think) pushed Hasek into the net and O'Halloran (I think) counted the goal. That still pisses me off to this day.

:lol:

To the OP, glad your post got back to even, getting negged for an opinion is redonk, get off your high horses some of you. And to your point, I think we're plenty tough as long as we add a Hnidy type (but god cuz of the rumors and how much I love him, im hoping for Willie Mitchell :yowza:) and sign Downs as one of the spare forwards. Cuz you know with Downey under contract, in the regular season we are 105-42-17 and 31-13 in the playoffs :D

speaking of Mitchell, there has to be a reason why he hasn't signed anywhere yet. He made what $3.3M last season? I wonder what his asking terms are? Pretty soon its gonna have to come down to (instead of how much money) does he even play this season. He has to be getting a little uneasy with not being signed yet, the Wings have $1.6M roughly before signing Abs. Either the WIngs make a play at Mitchell for that money and sign Abs to start in Rapids. At this point will MItchell take $1.2M to play? Lets hope so, he would look wonderful in Detroit!

I disagree.

We need some on the blueline. Kronwall and Stuart hit, but that's not the same as punishing guys around your net. And in case someone was going to suggest it, Ericsson doesn't do that either.

(I also can't help but wonder how long this thread will last, but so far so good)

Are you kidding? It's lasted since 2003, at least. It's like that bigass mushroom thing in the UP that mostly lives underground but has 30 acres worth of mushrooms sticking up above ground. Deleting this thread would be like plucking one of those mushrooms.

No reason to delete the thread as long as there's nothing obscene or threatening being said. Usually, someone disagrees with someone else by now and remarks are made, and the topic is deleted.

I don't feel Ericsson does nearly a sufficient job clearing the crease. Hnidy, as I've said before, is my top choice.

I agree on Ericcson and Hnidy. The thing that bugs me about oru defense is how they try to tie up forwards infront of the net. Put the forwards on their ass infront of the net and its a hell of a lot harder to score then if Brian Rafalski is tying up your stick

speaking of Mitchell, there has to be a reason why he hasn't signed anywhere yet. He made what $3.3M last season? I wonder what his asking terms are? Pretty soon its gonna have to come down to (instead of how much money) does he even play this season. He has to be getting a little uneasy with not being signed yet, the Wings have $1.6M roughly before signing Abs. Either the WIngs make a play at Mitchell for that money and sign Abs to start in Rapids. At this point will MItchell take $1.2M to play? Lets hope so, he would look wonderful in Detroit!

Abs cannot and will not be in GR... he is no longer waiver exempt AND he has flat earned a spot... if anything, its more a matter of trading depth players like Miller, Meech and maybe Ritola to clear the cap space... I still don't think there's any chance Mitchell takes that big of a paycut to come here, but I'd love it if he did...

Abs cannot and will not be in GR... he is no longer waiver exempt AND he has flat earned a spot... if anything, its more a matter of trading depth players like Miller, Meech and maybe Ritola to clear the cap space... I still don't think there's any chance Mitchell takes that big of a paycut to come here, but I'd love it if he did...

I believe Abby does have a year of exemption left. When he played in 2007-08 it was on an amatuer tryout, so he has only two pro seasons, and 73 NHL games. He could still play a few more games at least before losing his exemption.

But yeah, he's pretty much certain to be on the team. Maybe a really terrible camp or an injury could hold him back...

I believe Abby does have a year of exemption left. When he played in 2007-08 it was on an amatuer tryout, so he has only two pro seasons, and 73 NHL games. He could still play a few more games at least before losing his exemption.

But yeah, he's pretty much certain to be on the team. Maybe a really terrible camp or an injury could hold him back...

nope, he's 23 years old now, so the waiver cut off is 60 games and he's already played in 75 (playoffs and reg), last years playoffs put him over the mark...

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

people need to get it through there thick skulls that abbdelkader will not be in GR at any point next year. he will be on the 4th line and the PK. babcock has stated this. why is this so hard to comprehend?

exactly... even if he did still have waiver exemption, it wouldn't matter... it is a moot point though, as last years playoffs took him over the 60 game mark and he's no longer waiver exempt anyway, but you're dead on, he's flat out too good of a player to not play night in and night out.

Edited by stevkrause