• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Phazon

Adam Almqvist the best steal since Z and D?

Rate this topic

Sweden is playing USA and Finland in the U20 Lake Placid Tournament right now and Adam Almqvist is making a great impact and has been promoted to the 1st line to play with OEL.

Almqvist has played 3 games and picked up 1+2 so far and are according to reports looking great.

meanwhile Jarnkrok has been 2+0 so far

Sweden:

Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson-Anton Lander-Carl Klingberg

Gabriel Landeskog-Calle Jarnkrok-Sebastien Wannstrom

William Wallen-Jacob Josefson-Patrick Cehlin

Martin Karlsson-Oscar Lindberg-Jesper Fasth

Oliver Ekman-Larsson-Adam Almqvist

Fredrik Styrman-Simon Bertilsson

Adam Larsson-Sebastian Owuya

Edited by Phazon

Guest mindfly

Sorry, it's PPV stream and I can't be bothered with that s***, but good news either way.

So far he's done nothing but exceed expectations. I think that he'll have to put on some weight to compete at the NHL in the future, but his hockey instincts are apparently off the charts. I really hope he pans out. Probably another gem by Hakan Andersson.

So far he's done nothing but exceed expectations. I think that he'll have to put on some weight to compete at the NHL in the future, but his hockey instincts are apparently off the charts. I really hope he pans out. Probably another gem by Hakan Andersson.

almqvist is a very smooth skater, that stands out for me the most.

That lineup is pretty sick for 20-unders. Larsson might be a top 3 guy next year. OEL is a huge prospect. MP-Svj, Klingberg, Jarnkrok, Josefson, Landeskog...sick. That Almqvist is playing on the first D pairing is a good sign.

Who are the goalies?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Reading about these prospects is kinda like fantasizing about the gifts you get at Christmas. You hope it's something good and it kills you knowing it will take some time to find out.

That lineup is pretty sick for 20-unders. Larsson might be a top 3 guy next year. OEL is a huge prospect. MP-Svj, Klingberg, Jarnkrok, Josefson, Landeskog...sick. That Almqvist is playing on the first D pairing is a good sign.

Who are the goalies?

Lehner and FPW

Guest mindfly

I thought he was rehabbing and skating with Jokerit.

Yes Rehabbing his shoulder in which he had surgery on in May, he can still skate though but no contact drills, and yes with his team in Sm-liiga

Guest mindfly

So Alqvist is going to be on the world junior team this year?

Without a doubt, probably on the top pair.. OEL might take a spot with phoenix as well so Almqvist could be the go to guy.

Edited by mindfly

Reading about these prospects is kinda like fantasizing about the gifts you get at Christmas. You hope it's something good and it kills you knowing it will take some time to find out.

Yes, and he's 19 so it's definitely going to take some time to find out...

Without a doubt, probably on the top pair.. OEL might take a spot with phoenix as well so Almqvist could be the go to guy.

Oh so Almqvist is pretty highly regarded in Sweden then Mindfly? Its not just us LGWers that have high hopes for him?

Guest mindfly

Very highly regarded, the only minus is his size but he has really developed the past year with full time job in the big club HV71 in the SEL, playing against Men at age 18 is very good training for what's coming in the NHL

Edited by mindfly