• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wiszo1mt

Cheli is back!

Rate this topic

My all time favorite player. So glad he's back, and PLEASE be defensive coach. If he is, I think the Wings have really gotten over last seasons' demons. Everything is pointing to a Cup this year, or at the very least the Finals! The only thing missing is maybe a bit more grit, but I expect Abdelkader to step it up.

can u imagine cheli as a coach a couple years ago when babcock got into it with the avs coach after that hit on lids...he woulda beat some ass

With all due respect to Chelios and his career, but you obviously didn't follow it too closely prior to him playing here. Here it is in a nutshell: Yap Yap Yap, Cheapshot Cheapshot, Elbow, Yap Yap, turtle...

With all that being said, yes he would be an awesome defensive coach!

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest mindfly

I love how he is keeping it real

"What he was also saying is that he likes what the Red Wing are bringing into 2010-11, including the goaltending, although he admitted he'd "like to see some better work from Jimmy Howard in the playoffs."

Too true.

It is great to see players giving back to the Wings after their playing days are over and the Wings continuing to be an organization of class by offering these positions to their old players. (Jiri Fischer)

But I don't think Cheli should be behind the bench for a few years yet. He needs to soak in not playing for the first time in what, 40 years? Saying that though, he is going to be great either way. Doesn't "player development" (link) mean he's just going to be running parts of practice anyway? Considering he's older than Babs, sure it would be okay with him?

Anyone else remember Barry Smith always going completely insane anytime the Wings scored a big goal and Scotty looking like nothing happened? I can imagine the same thing with Babs and Cheli.