• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Forsberg eyeing another NHL comeback?

Rate this topic

Every year... at the end of every summer... this crap keeps popping up. I love the way he played and what he's done for Swedish ice hockey but... just retire... go live on a beach somewhere warm... GO AWAY!

I have a hard time believing he wants or is capable of playing a whole NHL regular season. He might make an interesting deadline addition *if* he is healthy, otherwise PASS...

I just read an article on TFP that said Peter Forsberg could make an attempt at another NHL comeback. Well the Avs really have no available roster spots, but the article sites Washington among team that could target him, if he indeed makes a comeback.

Discuss.

He heard Favre was going to come back again in Minnesota and didn't want to fall behind...

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Meh, more power to him. In the rare occasion he is healthy, he is still an impact player. Would make any team better if added for a Cup Run.

I don't see why he has to retire from playing hockey when his last stint with Modo showed that he still could play.

Playing in the NHL on the other hand, not to say for the whole season + playoffs, that I don't see his ankle (and other foot related issues) holding up. And I think he knows it too, or else he would have made a clearer pitch for it earlier, not to say already been signed.

He might have been (still is) a hated Avs player, but for the recognition of the hockey player he is / was (depends on your perspective), I encourage him to extend his hockey career in Sweden and on the national team. For the sake of NHL, that is in my opinion a closed chapter and should stay that way, unless some crazy GM wants to roll the dices on a Cinderella story.

Edit: Typing error.

Edited by Blazer

Yep. I wonder if he intends on returning for the beginning of the season or if he's content with joining someone mid-way through the year (Since half a season is all he can usually stay healthy for anyway)

Florida is a nice choice that way. Nice weather no matter what, lot's of people with rickety bodies for him to compare stories with and plenty of other entertainment like Miami Heat and Tampa Bay Lightning :lol:

You guys need to chill. It's not like Forsberg calls media and says "hey I might make another comeback, write about it please!". From what I know, he has said nothing about returning to the NHL this season, it's all just media speculating. If ANYTHING was happening this off-season maybe they would write about that instead of Forsberg's theoretical return to hockey and/or the NHL.

And you can't blame the guy for trying to come back when he feels he can still play hockey if they can just fix that foot of his.

He's one of those select few players that can single-handedly make me buy a ticket for a game, so I hope he can play.