• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Forsberg eyeing another NHL comeback?

Rate this topic

But did Forsberg ever really announce a retirement? I don't remember such an announcement. All I remember is hearing about him trying to play every year and having difficulty in doing so.

On a related note, I was reading Forsberg's wiki page and there is a comment in there about him leading the league in ppg during the 2008 season. He played only 9 games...I mean, really, do you have to say he lead the league in ppg? That like someone scoring 3 pts in the first game of the season and saying he is on pace to shatter Gretzky's single season point record.

He just doesn't know how to make his brain accept what his body has been screaming at him the past few years.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Maybe Chicago can sign Peter Forsbooger to add to their great core. League minimum plus a new foot for each game played. Do the foots count against the Cap? Maybe Bettman should investigate it.

If chicago wants to spend money on him, I would be all for it !!!! But in all seriousness, he does need to stop. Its embarassing. Instead of being able to say he was a force when he played in the NHL, now everyone will say good player but didnt know when to quit.

Guest Hatethedrake!

If chicago wants to spend money on him, I would be all for it !!!! But in all seriousness, he does need to stop. Its embarassing. Instead of being able to say he was a force when he played in the NHL, now everyone will say good player but didnt know when to quit.

Yeah I agree. He was once a great player even though he dove each time an opponent sneezed at him. With the way the rules are today, he would be even more dominant. But then so would all the stars of the clutch and grab era. His legacy will stand but he really does need to hang em up for good. Mark Messier is one of all time favourite players and he hung around far too long. But at least he could actually still play in games. Forsberg takes a wrong turn in his skates and is done for the year. Just retire already Petey. Oh crap. Now I sound like Terry Crisp during a Preds game. Yikes.

Yeah I agree. He was once a great player even though he dove each time an opponent sneezed at him. With the way the rules are today, he would be even more dominant. But then so would all the stars of the clutch and grab era. His legacy will stand but he really does need to hang em up for good. Mark Messier is one of all time favourite players and he hung around far too long. But at least he could actually still play in games. Forsberg takes a wrong turn in his skates and is done for the year. Just retire already Petey. Oh crap. Now I sound like Terry Crisp during a Preds game. Yikes.

You know, people always say that Messier hung around too long, but really, he was still productive. Perhaps people felt that he wasn't productive as he should be for a guy of his stature, but come on, he scored 18 goals in each of his last 2 years in the league (as a 42 and 43 year old).

If you can add a player who will get you 18 goals, I think most GMs would do it. Also, not sure I can name too many other 43 year olds that have scored 18 goals in a season. Howe is the only guy that really comes to mind.

From TSN :

It appears as though Peter Forsberg's numerous injuries may finally have gotten the best of him.

In an interview with Swedish television station TV6 following an exhibition game in his home country, the two-time Stanley Cup champion was not optimistic about his chances of continuing to play professional hockey.

"It's no good," Forsberg told TV6. "I have no balance skating. If it continues to be as it is today, I will not continue playing."