• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

Forsberg couldn't even beat up Larionov back in 97.

Ouch!
Frank Herbert: Fear is the mind-killer

Groucho Marx: Sincerity is the key to success. If you can fake that, you've got it made

George Patton: If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking

Doctor Who: Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink

#62 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

I wouldn't call him a diver at all but he certainly was a *****. I could always respect the guy until he cross checked Samuelsson in the teeth... that was the last straw. Anyway, all that crap aside I feel sorry for the team that gambles on him. He's worn out... so much that I couldn't believe he was under 40 until I looked it up.

#63 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

You said you were good with him because he was from Sweden, but if you're actually that extremely sensitive about it, I'd avoid all Av related threads. I'm just saying...

Tbh if I was that sensitive I should really avoid all LGW threads :D. In any case these particular threads, Forsberg or any Avs', tend to come down to the same arguments every time. And the Forsberg thing especially is just boring now. Don't know why I always jump into these pools of mud but I guess it's just irresistible. :ph34r:

#64 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

The Brett Favre of the NHL! :P

#65 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

Tbh if I was that sensitive I should really avoid all LGW threads :D

OK, Cool. Your initial reaction was pretty extreme

In any case these particular threads, Forsberg or any Avs', tend to come down to the same arguments every time. And the Forsberg thing especially is just boring now. Don't know why I always jump into these pools of mud but I guess it's just irresistible. :ph34r:

You may like Forsburg and if you actually live in Sweden maybe you weren't fully aware of how bitter the Avs rivalry was. They were a classless, dirty team and Forsberg was their leader. And while he may not have been dirty or technically dived, the guy sure pushed the limit of a constant inability to stay on his feet prima donna. If you don't like hearing that even if your first response was an overstatement rather then an overreaction, you're not going to like Av threads. It's a hockey forum, they are bitter rivals. You can tell us you don't feel that way, but don't tell us we can't. Just my view.

Groucho Marx: Sincerity is the key to success. If you can fake that, you've got it made

#66 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Are people seriously trying to say Forsberg didn't dive?

Man how this place has changed. There's a reason we called him Floppa. Granted because he was strong as a bull and it was the clutch and grab era, he often had two players water-skiing off the back of him.

Great player. It's a shame he's had all these foot problems bringing the premature end to his career.

Minus the nutshot, I don't think he was particularly dirty (Fedorov, Fischer and a handful of other Wings have rearranged guys faces with a crosscheck). Just hated because he was on the Avs.

But he absolutely dove.

#67 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:44 AM

I really dont get all the hate for Forsberg. I think playing for the Avs is the only excuse i can come up with why i should dislike him. Sure he might of embellished a few plays but Franzen has done that before to.

#68 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

I really dont get all the hate for Forsberg. I think playing for the Avs is the only excuse i can come up with why i should dislike him. Sure he might of embellished a few plays but Franzen has done that before to.

Gosh, a Red Wing message board taking shots at the leader of our hated rivals, it's just "hate" and completely uncalled for. When you saw "Let's Go Wings," you thought this was a book club? Or intellectual discussion of the theory of hockey with current practitioners of the art to demonstrate the various nuances of the discussion? To actually support a team and take shots at our rivals? Absurd. Where does that come from? <_<

#69 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:51 PM

Put down the Kool-Aid, Peter, and just walk away. Far away. The farther, the better.
Posted Image

#70 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

Gosh, a Red Wing message board taking shots at the leader of our hated rivals, it's just "hate" and completely uncalled for. When you saw "Let's Go Wings," you thought this was a book club? Or intellectual discussion of the theory of hockey with current practitioners of the art to demonstrate the various nuances of the discussion? To actually support a team and take shots at our rivals? Absurd. Where does that come from? <_<

Posted Image

Edited by Original-Six, 09 August 2010 - 11:10 PM.

#71 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:27 AM

What about Brett... Fav.. ra?

#72 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:52 AM

But did Forsberg ever really announce a retirement? I don't remember such an announcement. All I remember is hearing about him trying to play every year and having difficulty in doing so.

On a related note, I was reading Forsberg's wiki page and there is a comment in there about him leading the league in ppg during the 2008 season. He played only 9 games...I mean, really, do you have to say he lead the league in ppg? That like someone scoring 3 pts in the first game of the season and saying he is on pace to shatter Gretzky's single season point record.

#73 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:12 AM

Posted Image

OK, let's make it simpler. When you go to a Red Wing message board and read pretty typical banter bashing the leader of our bitter rivals, and I'll say this part slow so you can follow, my question to you is:

What...were...you...expecting...to...see...on....a...hockey...message...board? Everything said about Forsburg was pretty tame frankly for a junior high school locker room. Nothing about his being personally detestable, no threats or death wishes. Yet you decided it was "hate" speech. I mean seriously, what's up with that? You can't be serious

#74 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

Who gives a flying F#*^k!!!!!! this is just as bad as Federovs' name on here, Foreskin is done, over the hill, out of the bucket,I say lets stop putting this has beens name on this sight!!!!!! :ranting: :thumbdown: again who cares

#75 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

OK, let's make it simpler. When you go to a Red Wing message board and read pretty typical banter bashing the leader of our bitter rivals, and I'll say this part slow so you can follow, my question to you is:

What...were...you...expecting...to...see...on....a...hockey...message...board? Everything said about Forsburg was pretty tame frankly for a junior high school locker room. Nothing about his being personally detestable, no threats or death wishes. Yet you decided it was "hate" speech. I mean seriously, what's up with that? You can't be serious

like i said

Posted Image

#76 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,622 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

But did Forsberg ever really announce a retirement? I don't remember such an announcement. All I remember is hearing about him trying to play every year and having difficulty in doing so.

On a related note, I was reading Forsberg's wiki page and there is a comment in there about him leading the league in ppg during the 2008 season. He played only 9 games...I mean, really, do you have to say he lead the league in ppg? That like someone scoring 3 pts in the first game of the season and saying he is on pace to shatter Gretzky's single season point record.

He just doesn't know how to make his brain accept what his body has been screaming at him the past few years.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#77 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

Maybe Chicago can sign Peter Forsbooger to add to their great core. League minimum plus a new foot for each game played. Do the foots count against the Cap? Maybe Bettman should investigate it.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#78 DarbyGuy

DarbyGuy

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

If chicago wants to spend money on him, I would be all for it !!!! But in all seriousness, he does need to stop. Its embarassing. Instead of being able to say he was a force when he played in the NHL, now everyone will say good player but didnt know when to quit.

#79 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

If chicago wants to spend money on him, I would be all for it !!!! But in all seriousness, he does need to stop. Its embarassing. Instead of being able to say he was a force when he played in the NHL, now everyone will say good player but didnt know when to quit.

Yeah I agree. He was once a great player even though he dove each time an opponent sneezed at him. With the way the rules are today, he would be even more dominant. But then so would all the stars of the clutch and grab era. His legacy will stand but he really does need to hang em up for good. Mark Messier is one of all time favourite players and he hung around far too long. But at least he could actually still play in games. Forsberg takes a wrong turn in his skates and is done for the year. Just retire already Petey. Oh crap. Now I sound like Terry Crisp during a Preds game. Yikes.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#80 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:47 AM

As my in-laws would like to tell me, "Don't come back."
Posted Image