Who's Going to Buy NHL 11?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 dangles51

dangles51

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

About a month away from the release. The game looks sick. I already reserved my copy. The bauer boost pack was a pretty nice perk :thumbup:

Here's the trailer for those of you who have not seen it

#2 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:20 AM

Boost packs are back? Please no.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

All over this the day it releases.

#4 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:19 AM

Anyone reserve a copy for themselves? I always do because living in the state of hockey, these things go like hot cakes and sausages.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#5 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

I haven't bought an NHL game since probably NHL 02 or 03. I just got tired of them at the time, because they were pretty much always the same game from year to year, with new roster updates, and new team jerseys. Plus, you could ALWAYS "Genesis Deke" your way to victory, guaranteed.

However, I will probably go ahead and pick up '11. I've been hankering to play one for awhile, so I might as well check this one out.

Quick question, if anyone knows. Are Gary Thorne and Bill Clement going to be the game announcers this year like they were for NHL 10?

*edit* Nevermind, just answered my own question. Oh, and it looks like the Whalers jersey is making a comeback!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ei3mdMZGA&feature=player_embedded

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#6 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:19 AM

going to go pre order it tomorrow
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#7 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

All over this the day it releases.

And I'll see you on XBL sir! lol

Anyone tried the demo yet? I will be downloading and playing it tonight when I get home..

Edited by ilmickeyli, 17 August 2010 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#8 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

And I'll see you on XBL sir! lol

Anyone tried the demo yet? I will be downloading and playing it tonight when I get home..

Yep. Make sure you beat Team Canada in Ultimate Team League. Apparently you get something extra in the retail game. I can't wait for this to be released.

#9 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:23 PM

Yep. Make sure you beat Team Canada in Ultimate Team League. Apparently you get something extra in the retail game. I can't wait for this to be released.

you also have to use the invite friend option in the eauhl section to get the bonus. you get a free pack of cards or something.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#10 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:29 AM

I beat them and it never said I get anything. Inviting someone did though. Did you get a notification?
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#11 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:40 AM

I haven't bought an NHL game since probably NHL 02 or 03. I just got tired of them at the time, because they were pretty much always the same game from year to year, with new roster updates, and new team jerseys. Plus, you could ALWAYS "Genesis Deke" your way to victory, guaranteed.

However, I will probably go ahead and pick up '11. I've been hankering to play one for awhile, so I might as well check this one out.

Quick question, if anyone knows. Are Gary Thorne and Bill Clement going to be the game announcers this year like they were for NHL 10?

*edit* Nevermind, just answered my own question. Oh, and it looks like the Whalers jersey is making a comeback!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ei3mdMZGA&feature=player_embedded

They had to put the worst Whalers jersey and the worst Jets jeresy in the game. I'm pumped the Whale is back but they could have picked better ones.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#12 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

I'm not really happy with the demo.. I don't know.. It was an OMG MUST BUY before but now I'm hesitating.

Granted I only played 2 periods.. Will have to try it some more tonight with the wifey working late.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#13 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

I pre-ordered it on Amazon last month cannot wait!

#14 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

I beat them and it never said I get anything. Inviting someone did though. Did you get a notification?

No I didn't. I'll have to do that. Thanks!

#15 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

I always buy nhl games and I will buy this one too. but its kinda disapointing the hits are to big and not realistic enough for me.
Posted Image

#16 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

Download the demo and one thing I notice was it was a little bit harder to score a goal, which I like. The stick breaking thing is really cool, makes the game so much better. Hits part is still a little.. eh.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#17 Mickey Redmond

Mickey Redmond

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

pre ordered for the skates and stuff. otp anyone?

#18 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

Finally downloading the demo. Will play tonight after I get back from class. Can't wait to buy it.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#19 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

Played it last night. Gotta say, it's not that different from NHL 10. I love to keep up to date with rosters, etc., and I'm sure there are tweaks and things in the whole game itself, but as far as the demo goes it looks exactly like 10. No improved graphics. The commentary is 90% the same.

The physics-based play is interesting, I like the hits and the non-cookie-cutter movements a lot. But it feels slow (which, of course, reality is I suppose).

Fun, nothing to bash, it's just not that different from 10 as far as the demo goes.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#20 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:51 AM

I already reserved my copy. The bauer boost pack was a pretty nice perk :thumbup:

What is this bauer boost pack you speak of?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users