• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Broken 16

Best off season ever?

Rate this topic

I don't know about the best offseason ever. Definitely one of the better ones though, I think the best one ever would have to go to the summer of 01, adding hull, robitaille, and Hasek in one offseason was the biggest offseason ever IMO. adding that kind of firepower to an already potent roster in Yzerman and Co.

I don't find that as impressive, throwing money at people is easy to do. Ask the Yanks. Both are extremely impressive compared to other teams management. I would say how Chicago built their team compared to ours... Makes this offseason look genius.

I don't find that as impressive, throwing money at people is easy to do. Ask the Yanks. Both are extremely impressive compared to other teams management. I would say how Chicago built their team compared to ours... Makes this offseason look genius.

That's what I'm talking about. In my OP I mentioned that there have been plenty of splashy moves over the years, but this methodical filling out of the roster that Kenny and Co. have managed this off season just blows my mind.

I'm starting to think that this offseason may turn out to be one of the best off season's I've ever witnessed as a Wings fan

I know you said "one of" the best. And it's been a good one. But man, 2001 was the it offseason

In reading on, I see I'm not the first to mention this.

:cool:

I know you said "one of" the best. And it's been a good one. But man, 2001 was the it offseason

In reading on, I see I'm not the first to mention this.

:cool:

Ya, I totally acknowledge 2001, but this offseason is cool because none of the other fan bases hardly have a clue that were are really close to being fully loaded. Check out the HF boards. Everyone is ranking us 4th-8th in the Western standings next season. It makes me giggle to see the Wings totally underrated and underestimated.

Ya, I totally acknowledge 2001, but this offseason is cool because none of the other fan bases hardly have a clue that were are really close to being fully loaded. Check out the HF boards. Everyone is ranking us 4th-8th in the Western standings next season. It makes me giggle to see the Wings totally underrated and underestimated.

Good point. And true, Hasek, Hull and Robetille didn't come quietly. But I think the biggest thing of this off-season is that we were exhausted and injured last year and with a longer off season and injury healing time getting our own team back is our biggest move.

Also on the 4th to eighth, keep in mind for anyone to pick the Hawks ahead of us automatically drops us to at least 4th so it may not quite be as quiet as you think.

If Darren McCarty comes out of retirement, this will be the greatest offseason ever. Like Esteef said, we haven't won a Cup without him since 1955 :thumbup: One more year, D-Mac!:)

It also seems to be a good omen when we beat the Avs in the playoffs.

Edited by Original-Six

Guest best poster in LGW history

If Darren McCarty comes out of retirement, this will be the greatest offseason ever. Like Esteef said, we haven't won a Cup without him since 1955 :thumbup: One more year, D-Mac!:)

great joke post. appreciate you bringing some humor to the board.