• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest dangles51

Would You Buy A Modano Jersey?

Rate this topic

Guest dangles51

I came across a Red Wings store online that had Modano jerseys available already. They were already sold out of sizes L and XL. I don't know if I could justify buying a Modano jersey, unless they win the cup. What about you?

Yes, I would. Mo has always been one of my favs, but now that he is a wing I almost have to buy his jersey. Its not like I would want to buy a Kariya jersey, or wanted a Hull or Robitaille back in the day. I just have always had a soft spot for Mo.

Edited by cjm502

Imagine how people who bought Marian Hossa jerseys feel.

I would still buy a Detroit Hossa jersey and I considered buying a Bertuzzi jersey after he left, but since he's back now I have more time to save my pennies. Just because they play/ed for different teams doesn't mean I don't appreciate their game anymore.

I like jerseys of players that didn't play for a team for a long time. Like a Lindros Leafs or Stars jersey. Or a Hatcher Wings jersey. I think they're pretty cool. I wouldn't mind a Modano Wings jersey and if he plays just this one year and they win the Cup, that jersey will always remind me of that Stanley Cup.

I plan on it. Yes it's possible that he is only here for one year, but my favorite player of all time (besides Stevie) on my favorite team of all time. I don't care... I'll always remember him being on the Wings for at least one season, and that's all that matters to me. :D

I could see getting his jersey if you liked if you liked him before he came here. I could also see buying it if you had a lot of cash to throw around and liked to have lots of jerseys. I could also see it if you were a friend/relative of his. It would also be a way to strike up a conversation with his woman if you thought she was attractive but didn't think you had a chance to converse with her otherwise.

Personally, I'm a "none of the above".

I will probably buy one if i can get one cheap from that china site. Though, i am in the running for a pretty good job in the next few weeks so if i get that i might fork over the extra cash to get a legit one. He has always been one of my favorite players, and i was more than excited to hear he was coming here. For those who think that its a dumb idea because its only a 1 year thing, i think that you are going to be suprised when he sitcks around for a second and maybe even a 3rd year. Well...maybe not a 3rd but i see him here for atleast 2 years. The guy can still play, and his role isnt to be the allstar on our team so i think hes going to really like playing here and his role will allow his body to last for a few more years.

However, if i dont get the job, then i may just resort to getting a shirt with his name and number or a cheap knock off jersey from china if they do a decent job...

I'm very picky about buying particular player jerseys. If I'm gonna get a player jersey, they've had to be around for a while with Detroit. I personally wouldn't buy a Modano Wings jersey because he will likely play here one year. If Detroit wins the Cup this year? I'd make it a possibility, but that's a stretch. I've got an Yzerman jersey and that's it. Its been long overdue, but I'm finally gonna be getting a Lidstrom jersey soon. Basically, I only buy jerseys of players that had long tenures with the Wings and/or won Cups with the Wings :thumbup:

I bought a Hossa jersey with the mindset of it being for 1 year. I still wear it, and still proud of the fact that Hossa once played for Detroit. I will do the same for Modano and any other favorite players that will play for the Wings in the futures long term or short term. I'll probably buy the Modano when I pick up my Helm.

Imagine how people who bought Marian Hossa jerseys feel.

I don't buy jerseys but my sister bought herself a Hossa jersey and she still wears it with pride. It's not like he was never a Wing.

If I were one to buy jerseys of other players, I'd definitely pick up the Modano jersey. The guy was the face of a Stanley Cup winning franchise, one of the greatest American born players to ever lace them up and now he is home to help his hometown team win another Cup. Seems like a jersey worth owning.