• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest dangles51

Would You Buy A Modano Jersey?

Rate this topic

I plan on getting one soon because I think we have a solid chance at the cup this season and if we do win it, chances are good that he'll retire and his last season will be a cup-winning season with the Wings and it'll up the value on the jersey a bit.

Why would I buy a Mike Modano jersey when I have a perfectly good Wendel Clark one? I kid I kid. Actually no I wouldn't but it's not because I dislike Modano, he's always been a class act and a great player and always answered the call to play for team USA. He's a lot like Sakic, disliked the team he was on but he's an alright guy. I have my Zetterberg sweater which has become my sweater of choice for games out here. The Yzerman sweater is brought out only for the playoffs. The generic oversize red and white ones (oversize so you can wear a couple layers of warm clothes under it in fall and winter and show the jersey on the outside) are nice as is the practice jersey. I think I'm good for now on apparel

Guest dangles51

ive got a Helm,Yzerman,Fedorov,Franzen,Datsyuk,Zetterberg,Howe,Shanny,Terrible Ted and a Probert jersey i would probably get a Modano one add it to the collection

muchos dineros eh gringo? lol. I keed. I completely envy you haha. I have a winter classic zetterberg and a home datsyuk, as well as a russia dynamo datsyuk jersey my dad got me for christmas (pond sweater of choice). What kind of jerseys are they? Are they authentics? Replicas? Fakes? just curious.

Also, I would probably only justify getting a Modano jersey if the Wings won the cup. Otherwise, no.

Yes, I would. Mo has always been one of my favs, but now that he is a wing I almost have to buy his jersey. Its not like I would want to buy a Kariya jersey, or wanted a Hull or Robitaille back in the day. I just have always had a soft spot for Mo.

I have a then home Robitaille jersey which I'm proud of. I bought that along with the original pure black CCM datsyuk practice jersey only because I wasn't sure if he was going to make it. How ironic. So, i wear my 13 jersey EVERYWHERE, and the 20 shows that I'm just a fan of Luc.

I have my Shanahan, Zetterberg, and Yzerman jerseys to keep me warm. I would go for a North stars Modano jersey though, that would be pretty sweet.

muchos dineros eh gringo? lol. I keed. I completely envy you haha. I have a winter classic zetterberg and a home datsyuk, as well as a russia dynamo datsyuk jersey my dad got me for christmas (pond sweater of choice). What kind of jerseys are they? Are they authentics? Replicas? Fakes? just curious.

Also, I would probably only justify getting a Modano jersey if the Wings won the cup. Otherwise, no.

they are all real the Howe one was a blank Wings jersey i bought no name or number "new jersey" and i just got his name and number stitched on

THE only way i'd seriously consider buying a modano jersey is if he win the cup. That being said if we win the cup and Mo takes the conn smythe then it'd be hard for me not to buy a jersey but i doubt it would even happen.

I would buy it without question if it weren't for the high cost of jerseys, especially if they have to be sent overseas. I still need a Franzen jersey first.

Having said that, I'd buy it immediately if we were to win the cup.

Also the #90 just looks awesome :P

Save your pennies, and then go all-out on a shopping spree (buy mutltiple jerseys) at SportsK.com...They'll probably cut you a deal on the jerseys themselves, or possibly on the shipping.

SportsK is definitely where I will go :thumbup:. I bought my last jersey from the NHL store and would NEVER reccomend that to anyone. Not just the quality of the lettering (iron on), but also the outlandish shipping cost (somewhere between 50-70 AUD if I'm not mistaken).

maybe after i get the home and away wings jerseys personalized with dats and Z, then i may get a modano jersey. but i'd sooner get an yzerman, shanahan, federov jersey. or the hometown boy darren helm. but for helm, i'd rather get a freddy krueger sweater personalized with helm. i guess the modano jersey would be kinda like getting a hossa jersey. or hull, or robitaille. it's a novelty item.

I would still buy a Detroit Hossa jersey and I considered buying a Bertuzzi jersey after he left, but since he's back now I have more time to save my pennies. Just because they play/ed for different teams doesn't mean I don't appreciate their game anymore.

if you are really interested, I know dunhams sports in metro detroit area have hossa jerseys winter classic style for 60 bucks a pop. i work there and nobody touches them. i snagged a chelios when he left the team for the same price.

Guest Shoreline

No. The only player jerseys I've had are of Lidstrom and Yzerman, or a team jersey of some sort. I don't see the reason to spend my money for a jersey on a player that isn't a career Wing. I'll cheer for Mike, I just won't even consider buying a Modano Wings jersey.

Edited by Shoreline

One of the Top 10 United States-born players EVER to play in the NHL playing on the best team in the NHL?

The REAL question here is: Why the eff wouldn't you buy a Wings Modano (#90) jersey?

I have a bad reputation for buying non-perminant Jersey's. I own a Bertuzzi (From the Trade Deadline) and I own a Cujo. I like the idea of a Modano Jersey. I have also considered a throwback USA jersey. I do love throw backs.

No. My Yzerman jersey suits me just fine.

Me too! I have a Shanahan and McCarty too, along with an Osgood and Holmstrom jersey t-shirts. Also, I have an Yzerman baseball jersey and jersey t-shirt, and a Maltby cap.

I'm good!

maybe after i get the home and away wings jerseys personalized with dats and Z, then i may get a modano jersey. but i'd sooner get an yzerman, shanahan, federov jersey. or the hometown boy darren helm. but for helm, i'd rather get a freddy krueger sweater personalized with helm. i guess the modano jersey would be kinda like getting a hossa jersey. or hull, or robitaille. it's a novelty item.

This is my view. I have no negative reason for not buying one, but there are too many I'd buy first. Though if I got one at a great price or as a gift then I'd definitely wear it.

Modano was too much of an icon in Minnesota/Dallas for me to truly consider him a Wing. I kind of see this as a side project, like when musicians start side groups to perform in. I like the guy, but investing the money in a winged-wheel jersey doesn't make much sense right now.

There are already Modano Wings jerseys on eBay. When am I gonna see a player tee?

I wouldn't get a Modano jersey, but I just don't have the money to swing it. I've got a blank jersey I'm having customized, but it'll say Kronwall on it. I also have a Stevie Y jersey that I've given to my Dad and a Shanahan jersey from back in the day. Though, I've gotta say, watching the '97 and '98 Cup wins makes me think maybe I should put Shanny's name on this new one, since the old one definitely doesn't fit.

There is not a word in the English language to describe all the levels of no in response to this question.

Nor is there a word in any other language that could do that.

It is definetly something I'm considering when I go up to Training Camp next month but I'm not for sure yet. I mean he is the Best US Born NHL Player so I really have to give it some consideration but I'm still thinking about it. If I don't get Mo I'll probably get Jimmy or Abbs Jersey.