• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:30 PM

I will probably buy one if i can get one cheap from that china site. Though, i am in the running for a pretty good job in the next few weeks so if i get that i might fork over the extra cash to get a legit one. He has always been one of my favorite players, and i was more than excited to hear he was coming here. For those who think that its a dumb idea because its only a 1 year thing, i think that you are going to be suprised when he sitcks around for a second and maybe even a 3rd year. Well...maybe not a 3rd but i see him here for atleast 2 years. The guy can still play, and his role isnt to be the allstar on our team so i think hes going to really like playing here and his role will allow his body to last for a few more years.

However, if i dont get the job, then i may just resort to getting a shirt with his name and number or a cheap knock off jersey from china if they do a decent job...

#22 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

I'm very picky about buying particular player jerseys. If I'm gonna get a player jersey, they've had to be around for a while with Detroit. I personally wouldn't buy a Modano Wings jersey because he will likely play here one year. If Detroit wins the Cup this year? I'd make it a possibility, but that's a stretch. I've got an Yzerman jersey and that's it. Its been long overdue, but I'm finally gonna be getting a Lidstrom jersey soon. Basically, I only buy jerseys of players that had long tenures with the Wings and/or won Cups with the Wings :thumbup:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#23 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:43 PM

Im getting one... 1. Cause its a Wing's Jersey.... 2. Because it's Mike Modano, the guy has represented our country with pride and he is probably the best American ever to play the game... I was looking for any excuse to buy his jersey and I just found it...

#24 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:45 PM

I bought a Hossa jersey with the mindset of it being for 1 year. I still wear it, and still proud of the fact that Hossa once played for Detroit. I will do the same for Modano and any other favorite players that will play for the Wings in the futures long term or short term. I'll probably buy the Modano when I pick up my Helm.

#25 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:53 PM

Imagine how people who bought Marian Hossa jerseys feel.

I don't buy jerseys but my sister bought herself a Hossa jersey and she still wears it with pride. It's not like he was never a Wing.

If I were one to buy jerseys of other players, I'd definitely pick up the Modano jersey. The guy was the face of a Stanley Cup winning franchise, one of the greatest American born players to ever lace them up and now he is home to help his hometown team win another Cup. Seems like a jersey worth owning.

#26 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

I have been looking for a CCM one that I can get customized with Modano's name and number...so far no such luck...if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#27 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:03 AM

I plan on getting one soon because I think we have a solid chance at the cup this season and if we do win it, chances are good that he'll retire and his last season will be a cup-winning season with the Wings and it'll up the value on the jersey a bit.

Posted Image

#28 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:07 AM

A Modano Wings jersey would be a hell of a collector's item, especially if we win the Cup and he retires.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#29 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

I'm still trying to save up money to get a Stevie jersey. :(

#30 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:34 AM

Why would I buy a Mike Modano jersey when I have a perfectly good Wendel Clark one? I kid I kid. Actually no I wouldn't but it's not because I dislike Modano, he's always been a class act and a great player and always answered the call to play for team USA. He's a lot like Sakic, disliked the team he was on but he's an alright guy. I have my Zetterberg sweater which has become my sweater of choice for games out here. The Yzerman sweater is brought out only for the playoffs. The generic oversize red and white ones (oversize so you can wear a couple layers of warm clothes under it in fall and winter and show the jersey on the outside) are nice as is the practice jersey. I think I'm good for now on apparel

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#31 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:38 AM

ive got a Helm,Yzerman,Fedorov,Franzen,Datsyuk,Zetterberg,Howe,Shanny,Terrible Ted and a Probert jersey i would probably get a Modano one add it to the collection

#32 dangles51

dangles51

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:43 AM

ive got a Helm,Yzerman,Fedorov,Franzen,Datsyuk,Zetterberg,Howe,Shanny,Terrible Ted and a Probert jersey i would probably get a Modano one add it to the collection

muchos dineros eh gringo? lol. I keed. I completely envy you haha. I have a winter classic zetterberg and a home datsyuk, as well as a russia dynamo datsyuk jersey my dad got me for christmas (pond sweater of choice). What kind of jerseys are they? Are they authentics? Replicas? Fakes? just curious.

Also, I would probably only justify getting a Modano jersey if the Wings won the cup. Otherwise, no.

#33 w1ng3dLV

w1ng3dLV

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:12 AM

Yes, I would. Mo has always been one of my favs, but now that he is a wing I almost have to buy his jersey. Its not like I would want to buy a Kariya jersey, or wanted a Hull or Robitaille back in the day. I just have always had a soft spot for Mo.

I have a then home Robitaille jersey which I'm proud of. I bought that along with the original pure black CCM datsyuk practice jersey only because I wasn't sure if he was going to make it. How ironic. So, i wear my 13 jersey EVERYWHERE, and the 20 shows that I'm just a fan of Luc.
"By 1946, I knew Detroit was the best hockey city in the Original Six." - Ted Lindsay

#34 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:12 AM

I have my Shanahan, Zetterberg, and Yzerman jerseys to keep me warm. I would go for a North stars Modano jersey though, that would be pretty sweet.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#35 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:18 AM

muchos dineros eh gringo? lol. I keed. I completely envy you haha. I have a winter classic zetterberg and a home datsyuk, as well as a russia dynamo datsyuk jersey my dad got me for christmas (pond sweater of choice). What kind of jerseys are they? Are they authentics? Replicas? Fakes? just curious.

Also, I would probably only justify getting a Modano jersey if the Wings won the cup. Otherwise, no.

they are all real the Howe one was a blank Wings jersey i bought no name or number "new jersey" and i just got his name and number stitched on

#36 pockets

pockets

Pockets Smash

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:53 AM

THE only way i'd seriously consider buying a modano jersey is if he win the cup. That being said if we win the cup and Mo takes the conn smythe then it'd be hard for me not to buy a jersey but i doubt it would even happen.

#37 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:12 AM

I would buy it without question if it weren't for the high cost of jerseys, especially if they have to be sent overseas. I still need a Franzen jersey first.

Having said that, I'd buy it immediately if we were to win the cup.

Also the #90 just looks awesome :P

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#38 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:30 AM

I would buy it without question if it weren't for the high cost of jerseys, especially if they have to be sent overseas. I still need a Franzen jersey first.

Having said that, I'd buy it immediately if we were to win the cup.

Also the #90 just looks awesome :P

Save your pennies, and then go all-out on a shopping spree (buy mutltiple jerseys) at SportsK.com...They'll probably cut you a deal on the jerseys themselves, or possibly on the shipping.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#39 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:04 AM

Save your pennies, and then go all-out on a shopping spree (buy mutltiple jerseys) at SportsK.com...They'll probably cut you a deal on the jerseys themselves, or possibly on the shipping.

SportsK is definitely where I will go :thumbup:. I bought my last jersey from the NHL store and would NEVER reccomend that to anyone. Not just the quality of the lettering (iron on), but also the outlandish shipping cost (somewhere between 50-70 AUD if I'm not mistaken).

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#40 maltbymaniac

maltbymaniac

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

tshirt as soon as it's released!

exactly what i was thinking,i may even by a jersey.MAYBE!

sig by saran,Thanks