• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

No to the jersey but definitely down for the player t-shirt as soon as I see one.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#42 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:26 PM

maybe after i get the home and away wings jerseys personalized with dats and Z, then i may get a modano jersey. but i'd sooner get an yzerman, shanahan, federov jersey. or the hometown boy darren helm. but for helm, i'd rather get a freddy krueger sweater personalized with helm. i guess the modano jersey would be kinda like getting a hossa jersey. or hull, or robitaille. it's a novelty item.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#43 Kronthewall55

Kronthewall55

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

I would still buy a Detroit Hossa jersey and I considered buying a Bertuzzi jersey after he left, but since he's back now I have more time to save my pennies. Just because they play/ed for different teams doesn't mean I don't appreciate their game anymore.

if you are really interested, I know dunhams sports in metro detroit area have hossa jerseys winter classic style for 60 bucks a pop. i work there and nobody touches them. i snagged a chelios when he left the team for the same price.

#44 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

No. The only player jerseys I've had are of Lidstrom and Yzerman, or a team jersey of some sort. I don't see the reason to spend my money for a jersey on a player that isn't a career Wing. I'll cheer for Mike, I just won't even consider buying a Modano Wings jersey.

Edited by Shoreline, 07 August 2010 - 12:33 PM.

#45 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

One of the Top 10 United States-born players EVER to play in the NHL playing on the best team in the NHL?

The REAL question here is: Why the eff wouldn't you buy a Wings Modano (#90) jersey?
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#46 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

I have a bad reputation for buying non-perminant Jersey's. I own a Bertuzzi (From the Trade Deadline) and I own a Cujo. I like the idea of a Modano Jersey. I have also considered a throwback USA jersey. I do love throw backs.
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#47 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

No. My Yzerman jersey suits me just fine.

Me too! I have a Shanahan and McCarty too, along with an Osgood and Holmstrom jersey t-shirts. Also, I have an Yzerman baseball jersey and jersey t-shirt, and a Maltby cap.

I'm good!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#48 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

maybe after i get the home and away wings jerseys personalized with dats and Z, then i may get a modano jersey. but i'd sooner get an yzerman, shanahan, federov jersey. or the hometown boy darren helm. but for helm, i'd rather get a freddy krueger sweater personalized with helm. i guess the modano jersey would be kinda like getting a hossa jersey. or hull, or robitaille. it's a novelty item.

This is my view. I have no negative reason for not buying one, but there are too many I'd buy first. Though if I got one at a great price or as a gift then I'd definitely wear it.
Frank Herbert: Fear is the mind-killer

Groucho Marx: Sincerity is the key to success. If you can fake that, you've got it made

George Patton: If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking

Doctor Who: Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink

#49 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

Modano was too much of an icon in Minnesota/Dallas for me to truly consider him a Wing. I kind of see this as a side project, like when musicians start side groups to perform in. I like the guy, but investing the money in a winged-wheel jersey doesn't make much sense right now.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#50 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

There are already Modano Wings jerseys on eBay. When am I gonna see a player tee?

I wouldn't get a Modano jersey, but I just don't have the money to swing it. I've got a blank jersey I'm having customized, but it'll say Kronwall on it. I also have a Stevie Y jersey that I've given to my Dad and a Shanahan jersey from back in the day. Though, I've gotta say, watching the '97 and '98 Cup wins makes me think maybe I should put Shanny's name on this new one, since the old one definitely doesn't fit.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#51 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

There is not a word in the English language to describe all the levels of no in response to this question.

Nor is there a word in any other language that could do that.
Posted Image

#52 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

It is definetly something I'm considering when I go up to Training Camp next month but I'm not for sure yet. I mean he is the Best US Born NHL Player so I really have to give it some consideration but I'm still thinking about it. If I don't get Mo I'll probably get Jimmy or Abbs Jersey.

#53 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

There are already Modano Wings jerseys on eBay. When am I gonna see a player tee?

I wouldn't get a Modano jersey, but I just don't have the money to swing it. I've got a blank jersey I'm having customized, but it'll say Kronwall on it. I also have a Stevie Y jersey that I've given to my Dad and a Shanahan jersey from back in the day. Though, I've gotta say, watching the '97 and '98 Cup wins makes me think maybe I should put Shanny's name on this new one, since the old one definitely doesn't fit.

I understand your view you don't want to run out and buy one. But why are you so extremely against it? He grew up in Michigan a Wings fan, was on the Little Caesars team and represented the US in two olympics and now he's coming here with a great attitude and taking what we can pay him given our Cap situation. It's not his fault the Stars drafted him, but they did and he represented them with loyalty and class. I don't see how you can't have some respect for the guy coming back by choice when the team he had loyalty to dumped him.

Groucho Marx: Sincerity is the key to success. If you can fake that, you've got it made

#54 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

Speaking only for myself, I have respect for Modano -- I haven't read anything that would make me disrespect him. The reason I have no interest in buying a Modano Wings jersey is partly financial and partly he's not a long-time Red Wing. That's nothing against the guy personally, as you said it's not his fault Dallas drafted him and not Detroit.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#55 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

I would probably consider it if I had the money, it would go nicely with my Schneider and Fischer jerseys ;)

#56 Lamothe

Lamothe

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

I won't until I can successfully order my Yan Golubovsky jersey first.

Agreed. I loved Golubovsky almost as much as Kuznetsov.

#57 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

jersys are a rip off anyways just get a hat

#58 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

jersys are a rip off anyways just get a hat

Yes, but would you get a Modano hat? <_<

#59 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

I understand your view you don't want to run out and buy one. But why are you so extremely against it? He grew up in Michigan a Wings fan, was on the Little Caesars team and represented the US in two olympics and now he's coming here with a great attitude and taking what we can pay him given our Cap situation. It's not his fault the Stars drafted him, but they did and he represented them with loyalty and class. I don't see how you can't have some respect for the guy coming back by choice when the team he had loyalty to dumped him.

I think you maybe grabbed the wrong quote? I'm not against it at all.. I just can't afford all the jerseys I want, haha.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#60 Detroit40oz

Detroit40oz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Ive wanted a CCM vintage North Stars Modano jersey for years, so if I were to throw down on a Modano jersey, it would be that one.

I would also throw down on a Modano wings jersey after first copping the North Stars CCM if I had the cash, but I reallyf****** HATE reebok jerseys, and having a CCM style redwings modano jersey would just look stupid since he didnt play in that brand/style of jersey as a red wing.

so based on my hatred of reebok premier jerseys, I guess I wouldnt buy a Modano wings jersey, although I would really want one if it didnt have to be a horribly overpriced and form fitting reebok premier.