• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Detroit rumor...

Rate this topic

They'll probably just end up waiving Miller he's barely worth anything.

I don't by any means think that Miller is useless, but you are right that if they want to dump him there's a decent chance that he'll have to be waived.

Some of this seems to make sense.

A big awful wimpy d-man that couldn't stay in the Tampa Bay Lightning line-up is right up Holland's alley.

Shopping Miller does make sense tho. If the Red Wings are going to carry 14 forwards, someone is going to get buried in the press box at #14. I'd prefer it be Draper, but I don't see that happening. Plus, Holland likes to keep a spot clear incase he needs an emergency call up, so someone is going to need to be waived anyway (ala Downey 2007-2008). My suggestion you ask? Do the same thing we did in 07-08. Barring his camp performance, sign Downey for league minimum and pencil him in for the #14 spot. They can waive him when they need to and he most likely won't be picked up, but he can also be inserted into the lineup if they feel his presence is needed. It's not like it will hurt the team. In the only full season Downey spent on the team, we won a cup....

Edited by DSM

What will Ken Holland do?

The Red Wings certainly have some decisions to make. Quite a few players are on the line of either being with the club or in Grand Rapids.

Players in question ...

Kindl - can he hold off Janik? Smith? Does he finally earn his way onto the big club? He will make the team.

Smith - can he do what he says his goal is and make the big club? 1 year in Grand Rapids is all it will take.

Janik - can he make the club? I say no.

Rittola - traded? waived? Red Wings? Red Wings.. he finally is on

Miller - traded? waived? Red Wings? Traded. Wings dont want to give up on Rittola just like they did with Leino and Quincey.

Downey - I believe he is going to Grand Rapids.

What will Ken Holland do?

The Red Wings certainly have some decisions to make. Quite a few players are on the line of either being with the club or in Grand Rapids.

Players in question ...

Kindl - can he hold off Janik? Smith? Does he finally earn his way onto the big club? He will make the team.

Smith - can he do what he says his goal is and make the big club? 1 year in Grand Rapids is all it will take.

Janik - can he make the club? I say no.

Rittola - traded? waived? Red Wings? Red Wings.. he finally is on

Miller - traded? waived? Red Wings? Traded. Wings dont want to give up on Rittola just like they did with Leino and Quincey.

Downey - I believe he is going to Grand Rapids.

are you Eklund? :ph34r: