• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Wings sign Ruslan Salei

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I approve of this signing, a slight improvement of lilja, the guy hasn't won yet, and the contract is cheap.

mitchell aside

boynton

exelby

hnidy

lilja

schubert

witt

jones

ward

mara

mckee

wonder why salei was the chosen one. all the guys I listed are 6th d men so i'm guessing since someone mentioned babcock had salei before is the reason why KH signed him.

you missed meyer, probably better than all of those guys, Im guessing Babcock had a say in the salei signing

mitchell aside

boynton

exelby

hnidy

lilja

schubert

witt

jones

ward

mara

mckee

wonder why salei was the chosen one. all the guys I listed are 6th d men so i'm guessing since someone mentioned babcock had salei before is the reason why KH signed him.

we do have a young belarusian defesemen in the system who could most likely be a cheap 3rd pairing and could develop a mean streak if he had inspiration. this signing makes a lot of sense to me.

Guest mindfly

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Salei/Kindl/Janik/Smith

(Good bye Meechy)

(Ericsson has the 5th spot locked up right? according to kenny etc?)

Salei is probably the guy for the 6th but he will probably get injured and then Kindl/Janik/ or maybe even Smith take his spot.

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Ericsson - Salei

And depending on how good Kindl looks in practice he would get the nod if someone gets injured... then Janik/Smith on the 2nd injury depending on whom played the greatest in Grand Rapids?

How much left to sign abdelkader for now? or do they have to make a trade/waive first?

Edited by mindfly

Salei is probably the guy for the 6th but he will probably get injured and then Kindl/Janik/ or maybe even Smith take his spot.

I'm hoping Salei is the 5th man with a rotation between E and Kindl for the 6th spot. It gives E motivation to get his ass in gear or Kindl will take his spot. Plus, Kindl needs some playing time to develop.

Edited by wings1wings1

Guest mindfly

And pavel gets someone to speak russian with :-)

i think it's just a dialect thing since belarus was part of the soviet union.

wow, didn't realize he only played in 14 games last year. Hopefully he is well rested, healed, and ready to go.

Don't mind this signing, good defensively, finished checks, plays with and edge. in 08-09 had 107 hits and 143 blocked shots in 70 games. should fit in well.

Kennny said he is good and healthy right now and is in full training mode.

Not a fan of this. Would have way rather seen Lilja back, especially after he fought so hard to recover from his injury. Salei hasn't played a full season since 2006 :o, and frankly is just too old. Whats the average age of our defensive core now, 37?

*sigh*

Was really really hoping for Mitchell.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Guest mindfly

Statement from Kenny himself:

August 9, Detroit Free Press: “We were looking at the market, exploring the market for one more veteran defenseman,” general manager Ken Holland said. “Given our cap situation, we didn’t have a lot of money to commit. We waited until the middle of August and over the last week, we contacted Ruslan’s agent. Mike Babcock has had a mumber of conversations with Ruslan. Ruslan really enjoyed his time with Mike. Mike was a real big part of Ruslan’s decision to come to Detroit.”

Not a fan of this. Would have way rather seen Lilja back, especially after he fought so hard to recover from his injury. Salei hasn't played a full season since 2006 :o, and frankly is just too old. Whats the average age of our defensive core now, 37?

*sigh*

Yeah but Lils wanted quite a bit more money and also more playing time and Mitchell was likely always too expensive.

*sigh*

I mean he did play 70 games the year before last. How many guys on our team played 70 games last year? I think it's a solid signing. I think signing Mitchell wasn't ever going to happen, even though he had us in his top 4.