• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

I was just wondering what games you guys think are "must-gos"... as I kept on reading about who we were acquiring and even the most critical red wings fans acting like they have hope, I felt the need to buy tickets to opening day :D :D :D which will be my first opening day ever and also the first sporting event that i can legally drink at

what games do you guys think would be the best games to go to? obviously it's kinda early to predict the games that will matter the most (in standings/playoff terms) but I know some of you have a specific team or two in mind that you really wanna go to... New years eve was fun (went for the first time last year) and I've heard that it usually is but they're playing the islanders so i dunno...

edit: you can leave out the obvious ones like blackhawks n stuff, I'm just trying to get a good consensus on what games people should go to cause I know some new fans/gift-givers would like to know what games to buy tickets for

Edited by scottj, 10 August 2010 - 08:26 PM.

#2 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

I was just wondering what games you guys think are "must-gos"... as I kept on reading about who we were acquiring and even the most critical red wings fans acting like they have hope, I felt the need to buy tickets to opening day :D :D :D which will be my first opening day ever and also the first sporting event that i can legally drink at

what games do you guys think would be the best games to go to? obviously it's kinda early to predict the games that will matter the most (in standings/playoff terms) but I know some of you have a specific team or two in mind that you really wanna go to... New years eve was fun (went for the first time last year) and I've heard that it usually is but they're playing the islanders so i dunno...

edit: you can leave out the obvious ones like blackhawks n stuff, I'm just trying to get a good consensus on what games people should go to cause I know some new fans/gift-givers would like to know what games to buy tickets for

That statement makes it sound like they're the frickin' Detroit Lions!

Posted Image

#3 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

Any game involving the Red Wings and not involving the Coyotes.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#4 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

That statement makes it sound like they're the frickin' Detroit Lions!

well I was gonna be more specific by mentioning some "brain-flying insect"'s name but I figured that'd egg him on

#5 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

the game at atlanta and both games in nashville.

but that's just because those are the games i'm going to.

#6 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

I'm gonna do my best to get tickets for the game against the Maple Leafs.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#7 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:45 AM

the game at atlanta and both games in nashville.

but that's just because those are the games i'm going to.

Hehe, similarly, I'll be at both games in Anaheim and probably at least one in L.A. Gosh, I don't know what I'd do if I lived in Detroit...so many to choose from - the mind boggles! This is totally just me and not really suggestions, but here's a couple I'd pick:

- Pens (it so wouldn't happen, but I can't resist the thought of a Howard/Crosby redux)
- Avs (yeah, you can stick a fork in the rivalry, but I'm a rather nostalgic person...plus, you can still make fun of their jerseys, if nothing else)
- Lightning (gotta see Stevie's new team...hell, I'm planning on seeing them in Anaheim, but watching them play the Wings would obviously be more meaningful)
- Coyotes (if it was free...wouldn't waste money on them, but I did like hating on them this year and wouldn't mind doing it in person)
- Blackhawks (for the O6 rivalry and for the gloating that half their Cup-winning team is gone)
- Maple Leafs (ehehehe)
- Ducks (goddang wouldn't that be sweet? Finally, a chance to turn the tables...except no Ducks fans would be there, so gloating wouldn't be half as fun for me as it is for that bunch of jokers at the Ponda who give all the Wings fans - aka half the arena - heck)

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#8 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:25 AM

Game five of the Finals, for the celebration afterward. :ninja:

#9 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:52 AM

I make a list like this every year...and I haven't officially made mine yet.

#10 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

Tier 1 games: Any out of conference, original 6 teams are always good calls, just because the new format doesn't bring them into Detroit every year and the air is always electric for these match-ups (Canadians, Bruins, Rangers, Maple Leafs)

Tier 2 games: Eastern conference, competitive teams - same reason as far as them not coming to Detroit every year, so it's always a little more pumped up, there's just not as much history, but can be just as good of, OR BETTER, games to watch(Washington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh,

Tier 3: Games with a vested interest - Tampa(obvious reasons), Anaheim, Nashville, San Jose, Chicago(bad blood)

Tier 4: Every other game, because at the end of the day... it's still the Wings!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#11 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

Tier 1 games: Any out of conference, original 6 teams are always good calls, just because the new format doesn't bring them into Detroit every year and the air is always electric for these match-ups (Canadians, Bruins, Rangers, Maple Leafs)

Tier 2 games: Eastern conference, competitive teams - same reason as far as them not coming to Detroit every year, so it's always a little more pumped up, there's just not as much history, but can be just as good of, OR BETTER, games to watch(Washington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh,

Tier 3: Games with a vested interest - Tampa(obvious reasons), Anaheim, Nashville, San Jose, Chicago(bad blood)

Tier 4: Every other game, because at the end of the day... it's still the Wings!

Ah the ol' 4 tier system. I really need to start looking into some games to go to. Its my first year back from school so I'm not confined to December anymore :)

#12 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

Carolina. Mostly because that's likely the only game I'll be going to this year. I was hoping to go to the game in Atlanta but of course, with my luck it falls on the night before thanksgiving.

#13 yzerman3cups

yzerman3cups

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

When we do our season ticket draft I have one rule. I'll pay to see any team but Nashville and their boring hockey style!

#14 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

Leafs, Pens, at least one Hawks game, Flyers, and the New Years Eve game is always a great time.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.