4 replies to this topic

#1 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

Greetings LGW!

I've taken the first baby steps in getting my new podcast off the ground and have posted the intro to the show on iLike, where I will be hosting my podcast's for the time being. I have also set up a Facebook group but until I post the first podcast it will be pretty bare but if you'd like to join then feel free.

I'll take suggestions for show ideas, questions, comments, or whatever you folks have to shoot my way. I'll likely be using Skype as well so if you have Skype and want to "call" in with a question or comment then we'll work something out.

This is purely a fans show done by a fan. I don't claim to know everything nor do I wish to know everything. I'm here to talk stick and puck with you Wings fans as well as others so if I screw up a name/date/game then that's just the way she goes. But, with your help, I think we can build this into something fun for everyone to listen to and take part in as well as grow the game of hockey and the Red Wings love online.

Here they are!

Intro:

http://www.ilike.com... the Living Red

Facebook:

http://www.facebook....143979295627031

Like I said, everything is pretty bare right now but look at it this way; when it explodes, you can say you were there from the beginning!

GO WINGS GO!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

I'll keep an eye on this.
Always looking for new podcasts to listen too, a redwings one would be awesome :)
Keep it up!

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#3 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:17 AM

I'll keep an eye on this.
Always looking for new podcasts to listen too, a redwings one would be awesome :)
Keep it up!

Thanks for the support! Be sure to check out the Facebook group and leave ideas or comments on the group page or here too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

Well from my experience of listening to various podcasts (non hockey related), here are a few suggestions.

Make sure the show has a structure, some podcasts are just people discussing things with no real structure to guide the show along which can result in "dead air". For example, you could do a run through at the start of current red wings (or nhl) news. List each story and then have a brief discussion on each one. You could then move into different segments on upcoming games, predictions, important dates, player profiles, listener mail and things of that nature.
The best thing would be if you could get a few other people to do the show with you so that good discussion with different opinions could be shared.

Also try and keep the show light hearted and humourous as that is usually what brings people back, good chemistry etc.

Two that I really enjoy (video game related) would be IGN.com's gamescoop! and Podcast Beyond. They put on a really good show that's fun and informative. If you have any interest in gaming at all you should check them out.

Look forward to listening ;)

PS. Awesome intro

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#5 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

Hey folks!

Just a reminder that the debut episode for NOTLR will be up for download on Tuesday, September 21st. Once again, your suggestions are welcome. Make sure to check out the Facebook page which can be found a few posts below.

GO WINGS GO!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users