• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaliWingsNut

Washington Capitols really were put on Wales trophy...

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut
"Remember how Capitals being on Wales Trophy was deemed a hoax? HHOF tells Puck Daddy it wasn't. Actual engraving error. Post on PD soon"

From his twitter.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-57810449-1281386471.jpg?ymovflDDb3V4XRrW

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest CaliWingsNut

Puck Daddy

Hockey Hall of Fame spokesperson Kelly Masse told Puck Daddy on Wednesday that for a brief moment this summer, and at the Blackhawks Convention, the Washington Capitals were listed as 2009-10 Eastern Conference champions on the actual Prince of Wales Trophy.

"It was not Photoshopped. It was a real picture," she said. "What happened was that it was incorrectly engraved, and the Hall of Fame people with the trophy realized it in Chicago. When they got back from Chicago, they got it properly engraved."

Edited by CaliWingsNut

"... So I said, 'Sidney, if the towels aren't hot enough, I'm giving your trophy to Alex.' and he told me that he could win it on his own. I laughed, but the darndest thing happened. Right after I called you and told you to give it to Alex I got bumped in the head by a penis- hard! No, the bump was hard, not, well now that you mention it... Anyway back to the trophy. The guy who bumped me said it wasn't his fault; that it was a matter of physics. He's 6'6", you see. Yeah, really. What? You just mind your own beeswax, mister. That's for me to know and for you to find out.

"And so I really need you to re-engrave that Hartford Whales trophy. What? Oh, sorry. Prince of Wales. I don't know these hockey things, man. I'm just in it for the money. Yeah, it can wait until you get back from your trip to Vegas- just don't forget to do it or we'll both be embarrassed. Right...Flyers. Thanks, and this conversation never happened, right? Right."