• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2010 College Football Season Thread

Rate this topic

What makes you think Harbaugh has any interest in coming back to Michigan? Has Mike Hart given him his Michigan Man card back?

Really, what makes you think he'd coming running to Ann Arbor if the new AD picks up the phone? Why leave a program that he's turning into a winner to pick up the flaming and charred remains of the DickRod trainwreck? The NFL is going to come calling, Stanford certainly has the money to keep him if they want. He's got some great options in front of him. Why throw that away for a program on probation that has won 4 Big 10 games in the last 3 seasons and stocked with guys who aren't right for his system?

I'm hoping for one of two things to happen with Michigan and their coaching situation. Either 1) give their current coaching staff a big fat extension; or 2) fire DickRod and conduct their next coaching search with all the competence they showed on their last one. Say hello to you new head coach, Brady Hoke!

Jim and Brandon are close friends. Brandon also made Michigan harder to get into starting last year for athletes. I've read speculation from people who have a good idea Jim would come here in a second. I can't see a better situation for Jim's ego (because he does have one). He can come to his alma mater, and join his idol Bo as the two guys who restored Michigan football in different eras.

As for Tenuta comment listed above...I will pass. GoWings hit it on the head.

"Anybody who says they love Michigan and love our program yet they go out and say something really negative, just because they want to vent, you don't really love your program because that's not helping you in recruiting," Coach Rich Rod

So I guess the fanbase is the next target for Rich Rod.

"Anybody who says they love Michigan and love our program yet they go out and say something really negative, just because they want to vent, you don't really love your program because that's not helping you in recruiting," Coach Rich Rod

So I guess the fanbase is the next target for Rich Rod.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time. During his first season, did he not say something along the lines of "the fans need to get a life".

I'll take ugly wins. Purdue's offense is horrible to say the least, but the defensive effort was nice to see. Zero TD's allowed. That defense needs some kind of confidence boost heading into the next 2 week very difficult weeks...

And to GoWings....What do you think of Corwin Brown as a coach? I'm kind of hoping to see him be added next year as a DB coach.

I'll take ugly wins. Purdue's offense is horrible to say the least, but the defensive effort was nice to see. Zero TD's allowed. That defense needs some kind of confidence boost heading into the next 2 week very difficult weeks...

And to GoWings....What do you think of Corwin Brown as a coach? I'm kind of hoping to see him be added next year as a DB coach.

I really liked him at ND. He was one of the few coaches I was hoping would get retained after Weis got fired. Tenuta's schemes were a terrible fit for the personnel on defense; I put way more of the blame on Tenuta than Brown. I think it would be a great move for Michigan.

As for the Irish, Utah was clearly very overrated, but that was the best win for this program in a long time. Drilling a ranked opponent at home is a huge step for Brian Kelly especially for recruiting purposes heading into next season. I always believed Kelly was the right man for the job, but this win means a lot for the mindset of everyone at Notre Dame.

I really liked him at ND. He was one of the few coaches I was hoping would get retained after Weis got fired. Tenuta's schemes were a terrible fit for the personnel on defense; I put way more of the blame on Tenuta than Brown. I think it would be a great move for Michigan.

As for the Irish, Utah was clearly very overrated, but that was the best win for this program in a long time. Drilling a ranked opponent at home is a huge step for Brian Kelly especially for recruiting purposes heading into next season. I always believed Kelly was the right man for the job, but this win means a lot for the mindset of everyone at Notre Dame.

Thanks! I was wondering if he was a bad coach too, or Tenuta's blitzes just hung Brown's DB's out to dry. I know he's a good recruiter, but thats all I really knew for sure. As for Kelly he is the right guy. It will actually happen in time this time if you ask me.

Dear Santa,

Is it too much to ask Michigan to win the next two games so Michigan State can win the Big Ten title outright and head to the Rose Bowl?? Maybe just beat Ohio State.

:yowza:

I am not too worried in the Spartans this saturday against Purdue. MSU was really getting banged up so a bye week is just what the doctor ordered. The last game at PSU worrys me a bit. Joe Pa could announce his retirement before the game and all that is gonna do is fire up the faithful.

Dear Santa,

Is it too much to ask Michigan to win the next two games so Michigan State can win the Big Ten title outright and head to the Rose Bowl?? Maybe just beat Ohio State.

:yowza:

I am not too worried in the Spartans this saturday against Purdue. MSU was really getting banged up so a bye week is just what the doctor ordered. The last game at PSU worrys me a bit. Joe Pa could announce his retirement before the game and all that is gonna do is fire up the faithful.

I think hell froze over!

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Usually my gut feeling on Michigan heading into a game is right about 90% of the time. Call me crazy, but for some reason I'm thinking they somehow beat OSU. I'll have a true feeling by Thursday or Friday so I will verify if I stand by this.

I hope your right. Assuming MSU takes care of business in Happy Valley, a Michigan upset against the Buckeyes would send Sparty to the Rose Bowl!! GO BIG BLUE!! BEAT THE BUCKEYES!!

Usually my gut feeling on Michigan heading into a game is right about 90% of the time. Call me crazy, but for some reason I'm thinking they somehow beat OSU. I'll have a true feeling by Thursday or Friday so I will verify if I stand by this.

God, that would be awesome. Unfortunately I don't see it. Without knowing any stats, I can say their defense is much better than anyone else we faced, and Pryor has mobility and can extend the play. That creates bad news with our defense seeing as how every other quarterback has inflated stats playing against our D.

My gut feeling is already starting to turn, but still not sure. This is what I'm thinking...

-I think they match up against OSU much better then Wisconsin. OSU still has the advantage obviously especially on defense, but I think they can play with them if we don't turn the ball over. Their D reminds me of Iowa, and we put over 500 yards on them. Michigan's defense was just as bad last season, and they had a great plan against OSU last year.

-MSU is having a special season. They are catching all of the breaks. Not taking anything away from them, but you need the lucky breaks to have these kind of seasons. I can name 4 or 5 key lucky breaks in Michigan's 97 season that got them to 12-0. Michigan beating OSU would be MSU's final break.

-OSU has been starting slow lately, and although Pryor is good he just doesn't scare me at all. If OSU starts slow, and we start out hot we will be in it all game.

I think Michigan can win if three things happen.

On offense - Don't turn it over, this offense is explosive and Michigan could have beat tOSU last year if it wasn't for those five(?) interceptions by Forcier.

On defense - Just make a few stops please? Or fire Robinson, man couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

On special teams - Ignore field goals. If it is 4th and less than 7 and in FG range, go for it. If it is 4th and more than 7 still in FG range, just pooch it.

I really think we should keep Rich Rod, it is just the defense and special teams that are absolutely horrible which I think could be fixed with better coaches in those areas(and of course Rich not being so negative at times with his comments)

I think Michigan can win if three things happen.

On offense - Don't turn it over, this offense is explosive and Michigan could have beat tOSU last year if it wasn't for those five(?) interceptions by Forcier.

On defense - Just make a few stops please? Or fire Robinson, man couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

On special teams - Ignore field goals. If it is 4th and less than 7 and in FG range, go for it. If it is 4th and more than 7 still in FG range, just pooch it.

I really think we should keep Rich Rod, it is just the defense and special teams that are absolutely horrible which I think could be fixed with better coaches in those areas(and of course Rich not being so negative at times with his comments)

I agree with all this. I will add G. Robinson isn't the only one who needs to go. Braitwaite, and Gibson need to leave with him. I really believe Robinson isn't the only leaving after this year. Special teams: I agree always go for it if we are in FG range. ST can be fixed if he kind find a kicker, and they bench Gallon. Wow he's awful back there. They should put Stonum, Dileo, or heck even Vincent Smith back there. Wish Odoms was healthy.

^^^ Good video ^^^^ LETS GO BLUE!!!

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

What a pathetic, piss poor effort!!!!! Personally I think RR is done, but there's a lot of people who disagree with that. I'm on the fence on what I would do. What needs to happen is early next week Michigan needs to say RR is staying no matter what to help his recruiting OR they need to fire him. If they did fire him I would want a solid plan with Harbaugh in place. He will come. I just don't want a Les Miles 2 mess.