• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2010 College Football Season Thread

Rate this topic

There he goes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5999744

I'm surprised he turned down the Miami deal, rumored to be around a lengthy $8 million a year deal and being in a warm-weathered football city. That would make him the highest paid NFL coach over guys like Bill Belichick, Mike Tomlin and Mike Shanahan, without ever winning a Super Bowl.

Instead he took a $5.5 mill per year deal with San Francisco's mess of a team. Should be a better situation for him to turn them around though, considering the NFC West's lackluster of a division. I think he'll do well, since he won't have to deal with Belichick and Rex Ryan twice a year.

Hopefully Brady Hoke or whoever decides to coach here does the same.

There he goes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5999744

I'm surprised he turned down the Miami deal, rumored to be around a lengthy $8 million a year deal and being in a warm-weathered football city. That would make him the highest paid NFL coach over guys like Bill Belichick, Mike Tomlin and Mike Shanahan, without ever winning a Super Bowl.

Instead he took a $5.5 mill per year deal with San Francisco's mess of a team. Should be a better situation for him to turn them around though, considering the NFC West's lackluster of a division. I think he'll do well, since he won't have to deal with Belichick and Rex Ryan twice a year.

Hopefully Brady Hoke or whoever decides to coach here does the same.

I think the location played a big factor. He doesn't even have to move, and can play his "friend" Pete Carrol twice a year. No shame we lost him there. It's a great opportunity.

I've been doing a lot of research on Hoke, and really warming up to the idea of this. My only problem with him is I wonder if he will get full support from everyone. This needs to happen this time around. It was one of the reason's for RR's failure. As of now I think I'd take Hoke over Miles.

I think the location played a big factor. He doesn't even have to move, and can play his "friend" Pete Carrol twice a year. No shame we lost him there. It's a great opportunity.

I've been doing a lot of research on Hoke, and really warming up to the idea of this. My only problem with him is I wonder if he will get full support from everyone. This needs to happen this time around. It was one of the reason's for RR's failure. As of now I think I'd take Hoke over Miles.

I like Hoke too. I think he'll do fine. I doubt he'll light the world on fire, but he's still a good fit for this team and he's what's needed atm, besides Harbaugh that is.

I think RR had alot of support when he first started, but after that first season people started to mumble. It also didn't help him that certain people of the school didn't want him here at all and wanted him out. I know I didn't want him here at all just because of his coaching philosophies/system and lack of adaptability. I do think he's a good coach, but Michigan and the Big 10 are not the Big East or Pac 10, where his system would work well in.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Harbaugh is a great fit for the 49ers. The Niners are closer to true contention than the Dolphins for a number of reasons. 49ers already have a strong foundation if they can find an adequate QB. They are strong on both lines and with Harbaugh's fundamentals in that division, the 49ers could be a playoff team very quickly.

I would think Michigan needs to hire a coach rather soon to salvage recruits less than a month from NSD. Obviously there's going to be some turnover with any coaching change, but Michigan has some solid verbals in this class that the new coach will need to keep around.

Les rejects us a second time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6011557

Kinda bummed about that. A part of me was hoping he'd come here. For as much crap as he get, he is afterall 62-17 being in the SEC, with a national championship, and went 11-2 this season with some notable wins and a big bowl game victory over the Aggies. The guy's just a good recruiter, and I think being formerly from Ohio, he'd know that to be able to contend with Ohio State you have to try and go after the Ohio born recruits as well as the Michigan-born. Make it hard for Tressel to keep OSU the Big 10 powerhouse it has been.

The job has to be Hoke's now.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Brady Hoke is the new coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6012465

That didn't take long after finding out Miles wanted to stay in Baton Rouge. In another article, Brandon was quoted as saying Hoke was their man all along :rolleyes: If that were true then he would've been hired day 1 and not almost a week later after courting Harbaugh and Miles.

Well, welcome to Michigan Hoke. I'm sure he'll do fine here.

I don't buy Miles rejected Michigan. I think it was the other way around just like 3 years ago. I'll put money down he wasn't offered.

As for Hoke, well first of all welcome. Second, I don't know what to think. After a quick reading I could see this being a great hire. On the other hand, I could see us going into a Notre Dame decade. I guess that's why we play the game. Should be a interesting year in AA.

I don't buy Miles rejected Michigan. I think it was the other way around just like 3 years ago. I'll put money down he wasn't offered.

As for Hoke, well first of all welcome. Second, I don't know what to think. After a quick reading I could see this being a great hire. On the other hand, I could see us going into a Notre Dame decade. I guess that's why we play the game. Should be a interesting year in AA.

I agree with the Miles part.

I don't really have a reaction to the Hoke move either. It doesn't really "wow" you, but sometimes those are the best hires. He recruits well and most of all he understands Michigan - he's already a step ahead of RR with the alumni/boosters and fans there. I hope it works out for Michigan, even being a Notre Dame fan. I want those games in early September to mean something special again soon. College football is better all the way around when UM and ND are relevant.

He did take over for a defense that was already stacked and can pretty much coach itself with Ray Lewis back there, but I have to see this as nothing but an A+ signing. thumbup.gif The transition back to MICHIGAN FOOTBALL begins!

Edited by HankthaTank

He did take over for a defense that was already stacked and can pretty much coach itself with Ray Lewis back there, but I have to see this as nothing but an A+ signing. thumbup.gif The transition back to MICHIGAN FOOTBALL begins!

Thought the same thing. Must be nice having Lewis, Suggs, and Reed but his track record is still outstanding. Top 20 defense in most categories at almost every stop. Lots of college coaching, and the NFL stuff is a bonus. He's doing something right. He is going to have his work cut out for him.

All five suspended players coming back. Color me shocked.

I wouldnt have been all that heartbroken if TP had left.

Unless TP wins a nati or a heisman I think he goes down as one of the most overrated recruits to ever play the game. Kid is a head case, and from watching OSU (which is a solid amount) he looks like a HORRIBLE teammate to me. I swear at least twice a game he's giving an ear full to a WR, or Tressel. Always looks like Tressel wants to slap him straight across the face when they talk.

Always thought his talents would be used better at 2 schools he picked OSU over: Penn State, and Oregon.

Jim Tre$$el is a joke. If the NCAA has any balls, O$U should get worse treatment than USC got. Tressel actually knew of the wrongdoings beforehand and his suspension is two games against OSU's typical MAC cupcake scheduling? This has been a dirty program since he took over and I'm glad it finally caught up to them.

Jim Tre$$el is a joke. If the NCAA has any balls, O$U should get worse treatment than USC got. Tressel actually knew of the wrongdoings beforehand and his suspension is two games against OSU's typical MAC cupcake scheduling? This has been a dirty program since he took over and I'm glad it finally caught up to them.

This looks to be the beginning of the end for Tressel at OSU - or anywhere (NFL?). This was likely the tip of the iceberg. He has been there for a long time - has been successful for the most part - but the alum will not like this - I say he resigns by the end of this season.

Then what happened to UM basketball, USC football, Univ Colo football, and many places will happen to OSU - their program, students, and fans will take the hit while Tressel just moves on to his next gig.

SCREW OHIO STATE!!!!!

Have loathed that school since I was like 2 and it grows by the year. And no, it is not because we have lost 6 straight! but because their fans are easily the most obnoxious, douchenozzly humans I have ever seen. And this includes Blackhawks and White Sox fans....I know so now you understand how bad they are. Hope this ruins them for decades.

Go Blue for life!!!

I'm starting to believe more and more Tressel doesn't coach in 2011. He either "resigns", or OSU uses him as a scapegoat to avoid more penalties just like what U-M basketball did. Like GW said I think they should get a more severe penalty then USC. Not the death penalty, but something that sends a message.

Not too long ago I heard Eddie George say he was shocked at what has been going on at OSU. At first I laughed, but after thinking about it I believe him. George didn't play for Tressel. He probably assumed Tressel was like your typical pastor (what everyone thought pretty much besides Michigan fans).

The guy has been cheating before he even came to OSU. Google his Youngstown QB. I don't even think this has tipped the ice berg yet.