• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#61 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,364 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

Speedy recovery to D'antonio. That's pretty crazy.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#62 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:54 PM

Very mature. I'm glad they considered those "tenths of a second" at zero the two times Notre Dame got called for delay of game.

At least the Michigan fans here win with some class.

ok maybe I got too carried away, I just can't stand the holier than thou mentality of some ND fans and the school that it has just been pure hatred from me from day 1 I mean some of em think they have won the championship 10 times in the last 10 years just kinda annoying. oh and Michigan fans and class can't be said in the same sentence. ND played a good game but just got out coached at the end.

#63 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,364 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

ok maybe I got too carried away, I just can't stand the holier than thou mentality of some ND fans and the school that it has just been pure hatred from me from day 1 I mean some of em think they have won the championship 10 times in the last 10 years just kinda annoying. oh and Michigan fans and class can't be said in the same sentence. ND played a good game but just got out coached at the end.

I could tell you a few interesting stories regarding some Spartan fans.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#64 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

Every fan base is going to have their fair share of obnoxious fans. Notre Dame is no different, although I have to wonder what fans you are coming across that are hyping up ND or if your hatred maybe just escalates that perception. There's nothing to brag about in the past 10 years. You need something to back up bragging and there's nothing to do so. While the fans obviously weren't responsible, I started really disliking MSU after they planted their flag at Notre Dame Stadium. Say what you want about ND, but they would never do that.

Holding true to what I said, while I hate Michigan more than Michigan State, I actually find UM's fans to be far more tolerable and classier than MSU fans on the whole. Again, there are moron fans for every team, but MSU fans are honestly some of the worst to me although nowhere near Ohio State level.

Also, I don't think the fake field goal was outcoaching. Gutsy call, yes. Executed well, yes. However, Notre Dame was prepared for that play and the defender just fell down. I don't know what Kelly is supposed to do about his guy falling down. Props to Dantonio for the call and it working, but I'm not blaming Kelly for losing that game.

Edited by GoWings1905, 23 September 2010 - 12:59 PM.

#65 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Every fan base has idiots. I've met most of Michigan's, some of Penn State's, and every Miami fan is by rule a douchebag.

I'm sure some people have horror stories about Columbus. That's fine, it's nothing new.

So is everyone pumped for ABC's big 3:30 game this week? #2 vs #119. Should be enthralling. Go Bucks.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#66 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

OSU is going to get the wrath of English class!!!!!! :scared: I'm sure the points will be double from 2006, the last time OSU went to English class.

For fans: Everyone has idiots. Heck even CMU does now just because they beat MSU last year. I didn't even know they had fans! I heard Penn State's are horrible, but never really had a chance to meet any. In 2005 I was at the Big House, and Manningham scored with no time left. I think all those fans committed suicide so they don't count.

#67 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,364 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

Hey.

Go Blue.

#68 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

Denard taking a hit, but he looks like he'll be okay. Hopefully he'll begin to learn that discretion is the better part of valor; stepping OOB and giving up that extra 2-3 yards is something he should start doing if he wants to prolong his career.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#69 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,364 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

Nice win today.

#70 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

Stunningly, Toledo's sitting at 3-1 after beating Purdue at Purdue. I hate to get ahead of myself, but a bowl game? Please?
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#71 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,364 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

Denard taking a hit, but he looks like he'll be okay. Hopefully he'll begin to learn that discretion is the better part of valor; stepping OOB and giving up that extra 2-3 yards is something he should start doing if he wants to prolong his career.

It was good to see all 3 qb's taking snaps. However, Tate should get used to the idea that he's been unseated as the starter by Denard.

#72 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

Stunningly, Toledo's sitting at 3-1 after beating Purdue at Purdue. I hate to get ahead of myself, but a bowl game? Please?

I can't believe how much the defense has improved from last season. They couldn't stop anyone a year ago and the defense has looked pretty stingy outside of the Arizona game and that's a hell of a football team.

Wouldn't it be great if UT could end Boise's dreams? Not likely at all, but that game had 70-17 written all over it about a month ago.

#73 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:11 AM

Watched that game closely. Looked like a completely different team than the Arizona game. Wyoming this weekend, and then the big one. I just hope they put up a good fight. Go Rockets!

And I am so sick of Boise. I'll admit they're a good team, but until they play a full schedule, no BCS championship game for them unless everyone has 2 losses.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#74 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,364 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:49 AM

Scary moments yesterday. Good to see UM escape with the win.

#75 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:48 PM

And I am so sick of Boise. I'll admit they're a good team, but until they play a full schedule, no BCS championship game for them unless everyone has 2 losses.

I agree with all this. They need to lose against someone I don't care who it is. I would take a 2 lose OSU team over Boise.

Saturday comes the big first test for Michigan. Does 84-80 sound like a good prediction, or am I too low?!

#76 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:11 PM

I can't for the life of me figure out Jim Tressel. To open the season, he rolls out this aggressive and efficient offense that we haven't seen since 06. And this week he goes back to two running backs who have time and again shown that they can't find the holes and can't make a tackler miss.

Granted, with Pryor picking up an injury, he had to change the gameplan, and the offensive line is still a joke. But if you're going to run, why call the samef****** play that's been stuffed on every attempt repeatedly. Or here's a thought, why not give Jordan Hall or Jaamal Berry a chance, two guys who have a burst and can make a guy miss?

Boom Herron and Brandon Saine are solid players, but they're far from the complete running back we need.

#77 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:51 AM

I can't for the life of me figure out Jim Tressel. To open the season, he rolls out this aggressive and efficient offense that we haven't seen since 06. And this week he goes back to two running backs who have time and again shown that they can't find the holes and can't make a tackler miss.

Granted, with Pryor picking up an injury, he had to change the gameplan, and the offensive line is still a joke. But if you're going to run, why call the samef****** play that's been stuffed on every attempt repeatedly. Or here's a thought, why not give Jordan Hall or Jaamal Berry a chance, two guys who have a burst and can make a guy miss?

Boom Herron and Brandon Saine are solid players, but they're far from the complete running back we need.

OSU's OL is struggling? Really? I guess I haven't noticed because I just thought the RB's were average. How is that baby Boren doing? (I know, I know I saw Kuiper's draft board just messing). OSU and U-M's RB situation is identical if you ask me. The RB's aren't bad by any means, but they are not game changers either. Herron, Saine, Shaw, and Smith would be a good No. 2 option, but not a No. 1. They are no Beanie or Hart.

You think Pryor's injury is a quick fix, or going to be lingering? I could see it going either way with that type of injury...

#78 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

OSU's OL is struggling? Really? I guess I haven't noticed because I just thought the RB's were average. How is that baby Boren doing? (I know, I know I saw Kuiper's draft board just messing). OSU and U-M's RB situation is identical if you ask me. The RB's aren't bad by any means, but they are not game changers either. Herron, Saine, Shaw, and Smith would be a good No. 2 option, but not a No. 1. They are no Beanie or Hart.

You think Pryor's injury is a quick fix, or going to be lingering? I could see it going either way with that type of injury...

There are problems all over that line, the least of which is usually Boren. JB Shugarts got his lunch handed to him last Saturday by Wilson.

I'm betting it's going to be lingering thing, but I doubt it'll affect him too much. He had bigger problems last season and managed to stay pretty mobile.

And exactly, they aren't even close to Beanie or Hart and I think we've got some guys in the stable who could be on that level.

#79 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

wow! two days before Michigan-MSU and this thread is quiet. I can remember years when the game required its OWN thread. Anyway, here I go.

Hey Michigan fans, do you know what time it is?? It's almost midnight. Get ready for your cinderella season, denard's heisman quest to come to a crashing end. MSU has the perfect weapon to stop Denard on saturday. Don't let him have the ball. Chew up a lot of clock time against a weak Wolverine defense and don't turn the ball over. I think if Denard gets 100 passing, 200 yards rushing....MSU will be fine. I think the team that scores 34 first will probably win the game anyway so I am ok if the spartans defense lets up 31 points to big blue. Question is can Michigan stop MSU's offense. MSU has multiple ways they can beat you and might just be the most balanced offense in the Big Ten this year. Any opinions? I am so geeked for this game on saturday. GO GREEN!! GO WHITE!!

#80 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

Couple things I heard....first a terrible joke. What is Michigan State's only hope to beat Michigan this weekend? A heartless coach.

And a 70 year old Michigan State fan pushed back his pacemaker operation today, for fear that he would die and miss the game. This is true, seen this story several places. Major Hester is his name I believe.

Also, I have just gotten tickets to see Ohio State and Wisconsin at Camp Randall. Pumped!

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 07 October 2010 - 04:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users