• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Paolino99

Power Play / Penalty Killing

Rate this topic

At this moment how our PP & PK lines will be composed in your opinion?

for me:

PP1 Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom Lidstrom Rafalski

PP2 Franzen Modano Bertuzzi Hudler Kronwall

PK1 Miller Helm Lidstrom Stuart

PK2 Filppula Eaves Salei Kronwall

Guest mindfly

Kronwall i would avoid playing the pk as much as possible just because of his injury history but then again he doesn't block a lot of shots and he wears a visor but still... i would also see how abdelkader could play the pk, i know i heard babcock talking about it as well..Also keep in mind that Miller might get traded/Waived, too.

Edited by mindfly

Abdelkader will get pk time for sure IF he signs already!!!!! scared.gif

Kronner wouldn't do a lot of pk work as mindfly states above but I think the most notable thing here is that Modo will be on the point with Kronner. Should be a lovely sight to see. 3 years in a row now with a forward on the point and all of them have been whipping boys on LGW lol. Shall see how that pans out.

Guest mindfly

Modano can just play on his 20years of nhl experience to get the job done on the pp, mark my words :thumbup:

PP2:

Franzen Filppula Hudler

Kronwall Modano.

PK1:

Helm Eaves

Lidstrom Stuart

PK2:

Filppula Cleary

Kronwall Salei

Good lines,really...but Bertuzzi?

Modano will play right defense and Hudler right wing in PP?

Edited by Paolino99

my take on the PP and PK....

PP #1 Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom/Cleary switching in

Rafalski, Lidstrom

PP #2 Hudler, Filppula, Franzen/Bertuzzi switching in

Kronwall, Modano

PK #1 Helm, Eaves

Stuart, Kronwall

PK #2 Abdelkader, Cleary/Miller if hes still around

Salei, Ericsson/ Kindl when hes playing

be about it...

:thumbup:

Whatever it is, I hope we don't use 9 forwards to kill penalties anymore.

It kills the familiarity and rhythm of always having the same penalty killers. I mean, it's good to have depth when players are injured and all, but to rotate that many forwards all the time isn't good. I think it had a negative effect on us somewhat last year.

Whatever it is, I hope we don't use 9 forwards to kill penalties anymore.

It kills the familiarity and rhythm of always having the same penalty killers. I mean, it's good to have depth when players are injured and all, but to rotate that many forwards all the time isn't good. I think it had a negative effect on us somewhat last year.

I'm almost positive Babs didn't do that this past year. I saw that he always had the first unit come back out after the second unit's shift. You'd have Helm-Eaves, then Miller-Cleary and then Helm-Eaves went back out again after them, which they were then followed by Zetterberg-Filppula.

But iirc, Babs did use a lot of forwards in the 08-09 season. It's when they had something like Draper-Cleary, Filppula-Maltby?, Zetterberg-Franzen, Datsyuk-Hossa.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

my take on the PP and PK....

PP #1 Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom/Cleary switching in

Rafalski, Lidstrom

PP #2 Hudler, Filppula, Franzen/Bertuzzi switching in

Kronwall, Modano

PK #1 Helm, Eaves

Stuart, Kronwall

be about it...

:thumbup:

Why on earth would Bertuzzi ever switch in for Franzen if both are healthy? Holmstrom or Hudler MAYBE, but Franzen is a legit 30-40 goal scorer.

The PP rotations are pretty clear. The PK rotations, however, are not in terms of the forwards because the Wings have so many players that take pride in the PK. It's a significant part of their game and PK TOI makes them feel good about themselves; they feel more involved in the game; and thus play more aggressively.

I know Babs said that Abby will get every opportunity he can to show he can be on the PK but until we see how he plays there at the NHL level I think I'd personally go with a rotation of:

Helm-Eaves

Zetterberg-Cleary

Datsyuk-Filppula

Helm-Eaves

And on the back end I'd like to see Lidstrom-Salei on the first unit to keep the familiarity between Kronwall-Stuart

How do you not have the number one defensive forward in the NHL. I get he needs rest maybe it would depend on when it is in a game and how close the game is, but Dats would be on my 1st pk

At this moment how our PP & PK lines will be composed in your opinion?

for me:

PP1 Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom Lidstrom Rafalski

PP2 Franzen Modano Bertuzzi Hudler Kronwall

PK1 Miller Helm Lidstrom Stuart

PK2 Filppula Eaves Salei Kronwall

Edited by blgillett

Kind of shocked Hank hasn't made it to others PK combos. Defensively and pure hustle...who better I say.

They believe that he should devote some of that energy to scoring and whatnot. But people need to realize that Z takes A LOT of pride and enjoyment out of killing penalties. He wants to be in that rotation and it helps him get into the game. He loves being a player who plays great in all situations. He definitely should be in that rotation.

Why on earth would Bertuzzi ever switch in for Franzen if both are healthy? Holmstrom or Hudler MAYBE, but Franzen is a legit 30-40 goal scorer.

because one might be tired or not clicking or one might have a hot hand that night?

relax...there can be many reasons why someone may switch in and out...

its pretty simple

How do you not have the number one defensive forward in the NHL. I get he needs rest maybe it would depend on when it is in a game and how close the game is, but Dats would be on my 1st pk

Pretty sure Datsyuk hasn't been a mainstay on the PK for a while now.

Il take a shot at the PP.

Assuming ZDH would be a 5 on 5 line, I'd throw something else out there.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hudler

Lids-Raf

Franzen-Flip-Holmer/Clear/Bert (whoever is hot)

Kronwall-Modano

Love it.

I highly doubt anyone would want Kindl on the Pk. My idea is

PP1 - Z/Dats/Franzen

Raffi-Lids

PP2 - Huds/Flip/(Bert/Homer/Cleary)

Kronwall/Modano

PK 1 - Eaves/Helm

Lids/Salei

PK 2 - Abs/(Flip/Z/Dats)

Kronwall/Stuart

They believe that he should devote some of that energy to scoring and whatnot. But people need to realize that Z takes A LOT of pride and enjoyment out of killing penalties. He wants to be in that rotation and it helps him get into the game. He loves being a player who plays great in all situations. He definitely should be in that rotation.

And he more often than not plays great in all situations. 2 men down, 2 men up, even strength and so on... He is absolutely one of the more overlooked superstars this league has and will continue to be and that suits Hank just as well. Might be thrusted a bit more when he puts that "C" on his sweater but he really should on that PK more. Just has a "deeper will tank", love that quote.

Edited by HankthaTank

He did from time to time but not a reg. Thats kinda my point he so good you would think that in the play offs it would be a must.

Pretty sure Datsyuk hasn't been a mainstay on the PK for a while now.

Il take a shot at the PP.

Assuming ZDH would be a 5 on 5 line, I'd throw something else out there.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hudler

Lids-Raf

Franzen-Flip-Holmer/Clear/Bert (whoever is hot)

Kronwall-Modano

Love it.

PP1=pretty obvious

40/13/96

5/28

PP2, more open to interpretation

93/51/26 with 11 or 44 rotating in

90/55

PK1, should be

43/17

5/? (only because I don't know what number Salei will wear)

PK2, again rotating

8/51/11/40/13

55/23

If we are ahead, I think Abdelkader plays on the 2nd PK unit for the experience alongside Filppula or Cleary, but if we are trailing late in a game then I think Z or Dats get the 2nd PK rotation for the scoring threat.

Kronwall & Stuart will likely be the 2nd PK pairing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ericsson play significant PK time, although it would be interesting to see whose time he takes, Kronwall would be the obvious choice but last season Ericsson and Stuart were horrible together.

Datsyuk and especially Zetterberg are still the best PKing forwards the Wings have, and they will be out for key situations, but it is nice that the Wings can give plenty of PK time to Eaves, Cleary, Filpulla, Helm, Abdelkader, Draper, and even Franzen... Even Modano.

They just have so many better options on special teams this coming year. Great to see!

Babs is gonna be hard on Ericsson this year, I see him playing a lot of time on the PK. I hope Ericsson comes out with more edge in his game then shown. It usually doesn't just happen with players but E has the size to be a killer. When Franzen found out what he could do with his size his game soared. Whenever the Mule was angry he'd go score, and score, then at times score again, and again.

E's just gotta get angry, and use his size to his complete advantage, don't let anyone through.

Edited by Superman54