• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

lookalive07

Crosby doesn't suck but he's a whiney little bitch, however.

Rate this topic

It's tough to say. Stevie definitely had his moments. It's just that there was no YouTube and they didn't really look as bad. Scraps, fights, cheapshots at the end of games seemed to be more accepted in Stevie's time as a youth.

Since it's Stevie, we support him if he got cheapshotted. Thing is though, if what's his face did the same thing that Stevie did in this clip (

),

How do you think this forum would have reacted?

?? Is this a joke post?

Stevie got his head elbowed into the boards. You are comparing this to a Crosby-esgue dive?

I'm confused...

Since it's Stevie, we support him if he got cheapshotted. Thing is though, if what's his face did the same thing that Stevie did in this clip (

),

How do you think this forum would have reacted?

Are you on drugs? Are you comparing that to the vid in the OP?

?? Is this a joke post?

Stevie got his head elbowed into the boards. You are comparing this to a Crosby-esgue dive?

I'm confused...

Are you on drugs? Are you comparing that to the vid in the OP?

I'm not comparing anything actually. I should've clarified. I'm just wondering if we saw Skid Mark do the same thing how this board would have reacted. If we saw him sneak behind a player that gave him a cheapshot and aim for his head how objective would we have been? Would we have dismissed him as a whiny punk or would we say his action were right?

I'm not comparing anything actually. I should've clarified. I'm just wondering if we saw Skid Mark do the same thing how this board would have reacted. If we saw him sneak behind a player that gave him a cheapshot and aim for his head how objective would we have been? Would we have dismissed him as a whiny punk or would we say his action were right?

Yeah still not seeing the comparison at all.

How would we have reacted if Crosby got a cheap elbow to the head? Or are you asking something else. How is Yzerman being a whiney punk here?

Seems like you're implying Yzerman is the one at fault in your vid, or that he instigated everything... maybe i missed something.

Seriously I'm just trying to understand what you're getting at or how this is at all relevant.

Edited by hooon

Or are you asking something else. How is Yzerman being a whiney punk here?

He isn't. At least, in our eyes he isn't. But if Skid did the same thing I think we would have reacted differently. It's kind of a double standard. It's like he'll always be a whiney little ****** in our eyes no matter what but if someone elsedid the same thing we'd judge it differently.

Seems like you're implying Yzerman is the one at fault in your vid, or that he instigated everything... maybe i missed something.

Not at all. I'm just asking what if that were what's his face? We'd probably judge him differently around here because he's so stigmatized.

He isn't. At least, in our eyes he isn't. But if Skid did the same thing I think we would have reacted differently. It's kind of a double standard. It's like he'll always be a whiney little ****** in our eyes no matter what but if someone elsedid the same thing we'd judge it differently.

Not at all. I'm just asking what if that were what's his face? We'd probably judge him differently around here because he's so stigmatized.

See I'm still not getting it when you say "did the same thing"... What did Yzerman do exactly that was so bad in this vid?

He didn't do anything wrong that I saw, therefore I'm completely missing your point. This isn't a bias towards the Wings at all. Yzerman got his head rammed into the boards by a dirty elbow, how is he at all at fault here? What did he "do" exactly that is so bad in your eyes?

Yeah.. you're trying to hard to play devil's advocate and it shows. If someone ran Crosby, a few people here might applaud it, but most of us would admit he got run. Of course, we not discussing that, we're discussing diving and whining, which makes your Yzerman clip completely befuddling. I watched all 7+ minutes for relevance to this thread and never got it.

I understand that all Sid's mild antics will be used against him in the future, perhaps unfairly, but there is no question great, young leaders like Yzerman, Gretzky, Beliveau, Trottier and Sakic never pulled the combined diving/whining/cheap-shotting that Crosby has been guilty of.

They simply did not, not even a scum like Messier, and ultimately I have a feeling Crosby will end up being compared to them as a leader... Already is, in fact.

Edited by egroen

See I'm still not getting it when you say "did the same thing"... What did Yzerman do exactly that was so bad in this vid?

He didn't do anything wrong that I saw, therefore I'm completely missing your point. This isn't a bias towards the Wings at all. Yzerman got his head rammed into the boards by a dirty elbow, how is he at all at fault here? What did he "do" exactly that is so bad in your eyes?

(Sigh... Yeesh. Okay, I'll never use an Yzerman clip ever again. Way too salient.)

He didn't do anything wrong. At least not in the world of hockey. But what if what's his name sought retribution for a dirty hit? How would we judge him on LGW? And is that fair? That's all I'm asking.

I totally disagree. Don't get me wrong, I do think that Sid is a whiney *****. But if someone rode Sid's head into the boards like that, I would completely understand him losing his cool. The difference is Sid has reacted like that over getting outplayed. And that's what makes him a whiney little *****. Yzerman could have been seriously injured. ANY player would react the way Steve did. Hell, most would've done worse.

(Sigh... Yeesh. Okay, I'll never use an Yzerman clip ever again. Way too salient.)

He didn't do anything wrong. At least not in the world of hockey. But what if what's his name sought retribution for a dirty hit? How would we judge him on LGW? And is that fair? That's all I'm asking.

And all I'm asking is... How is this at all relevant in any way whatsoever to the already mostly irrelevant thread?

Its like you chose the two most unrelated hockey videos in history, somehow tried to compare the two, then asked a completely random and unrelated hypothetical question about something that hasn't even happened, and then ask our opinion on how we would feel about it.

Just don't get it. Don't get what Yzerman has to do with this at all.

I totally disagree. Don't get me wrong, I do think that Sid is a whiney *****. But if someone rode Sid's head into the boards like that, I would completely understand him losing his cool. The difference is Sid has reacted like that over getting outplayed. And that's what makes him a whiney little *****. Yzerman could have been seriously injured. ANY player would react the way Steve did. Hell, most would've done worse.

I'd hope so. We'll see if that were to ever happen.

I don't know what pisses me off more about that Crosby video:

1) That people took their sweet ass time getting at Crosby, to the point that Jimmy Howard stepped in

2) That Kronwall said and did NOTHING to Crosby once the refs/linesmen jumped in. Not a ******* word.

3) That Jimmy Howard showed more balls than any Red Wing at the end of the game. Zetterberg absolutely owned Crosby all game... he should have known this s*** was coming, and waited until about the 7th cross-check before he finally got pissed off.

4) That Crosby left the Joe knowing that he got to Z and Jimmy Howard. That he could have hurt Zetterberg, and would have been allowed to fight Jimmy Howard (and easily win) with no repercussions. He got in their heads, and he knows that next game... it's on... and he has the advantage.

4) That Crosby left the Joe knowing that he got to Z and Jimmy Howard. That he could have hurt Zetterberg, and would have been allowed to fight Jimmy Howard (and easily win) with no repercussions. He got in their heads, and he knows that next game... it's on... and he has the advantage.

Actually, its the other way round - Z is in Crosby's head, hence his behaviour at the end of the game. Zetterberg has pwned Crosby at every attempt and Crosby knows it. Detroit is pretty much the only team that Crosby hasn't been able to run roughshod over. And because he's a spoilt little ***** with an entitlement complex, this is how he expresses his frustration.

Crosby got nothing out of this except for frustration. Did you ever played hockey? If this is the case you had to remeber those feelings when your team got owned, you, personally, lost every single battle on the ice to THAT ******* guy and even when you tried to send the message you got practically nothing out of this. This just adds to your frustration level. Perhaps this is just the mentality and Canadian players feel differently... However, I really doubt it :)

Crosby got nothing out of this except for frustration. Did you ever played hockey? If this is the case you had to remeber those feelings when your team got owned, you, personally, lost every single battle on the ice to THAT ******* guy and even when you tried to send the message you got practically nothing out of this. This just adds to your frustration level. Perhaps this is just the mentality and Canadian players feel differently... However, I really doubt it :)

No, you're absolutely right. I was having a mindfly moment, that's all...

... Z still has Crosby's number, but there needs to be an end to this kind of stuff... and he's done it with other teams, as well... and I'm surprised the Colton Orr-types haven't tried to END him yet.

I can understand ***** boy's frustration, after a long night of being pounded on defensively by Z and company I would be pretty frustrated too. But to just all out cross check someone who was just doing his job is just really bitchy hence our problem. Its not really the way he plays the game itself because he really is that skilled of a player, its the way he retaliates after being hounded by other players. Its the little slashes and cross checks and spears and embellishes that he does that just erks opposing fans to the core. Thats my theory of why so many people hate him, its because he plays the, I'm gonna slash the back of your knee and skate away like it never happened type of game. Good player, just plays the whiny ***** card a lot is all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1-IPlmrC4M

Rest my case.