• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

Where do you buy your Red Wings Gear?

Rate this topic

I wanted to just do a search for a previous topic on this, but couldnt find anything. If there is a previous thread on this, mods please put it in there.

I wanted to get some new stuff for this season. I really want to get one of my Blank Wings jersey's customized with Modano's name and number. I used to go to a place called Gameland that sold jerseys, shirts, hats and EVERYTHING you could think of, but they have recently either moved or went of business. They used to customize jerseys for pretty cheap also. So i was just wondering where people go for the wings gear and if anyone knows where i can get some stuff cheap including getting my blank jersey customized for cheap. I live in the Macomb/Utica area but am also in the Lansing area alot as well. Does anyone know of any good places around there to go for good wings gear?

I wanted to just do a search for a previous topic on this, but couldnt find anything. If there is a previous thread on this, mods please put it in there.

I wanted to get some new stuff for this season. I really want to get one of my Blank Wings jersey's customized with Modano's name and number. I used to go to a place called Gameland that sold jerseys, shirts, hats and EVERYTHING you could think of, but they have recently either moved or went of business. They used to customize jerseys for pretty cheap also. So i was just wondering where people go for the wings gear and if anyone knows where i can get some stuff cheap including getting my blank jersey customized for cheap. I live in the Macomb/Utica area but am also in the Lansing area alot as well. Does anyone know of any good places around there to go for good wings gear?

I highly, HIGHLY, recommend Sportsk.com for jersey customization. They use the same materials as the pros, so it's going to be an authentic customization job, and their prices can't be beat ($47 for a Wings jersey!!). I'm going to send them my blank Winter Classic jersey to customize, once I make up my mind as to who I want on it (Franzen, Lidstrom, Datsyuk or Zetterberg).

SportsK comes highly recommended by not only me, but easily two dozen other LGW members. They have fantastic customer service, prices that cannot be beat ($245 for a customized EDGE Authentic jersey! And yes, it's the genuine article, not one of the cheap Chinese knockoffs) and lightning fast shipping. They are, literally, the only place I will ever buy Red Wings jerseys from.

I highly, HIGHLY, recommend Sportsk.com for jersey customization. They use the same materials as the pros, so it's going to be an authentic customization job, and their prices can't be beat ($47 for a Wings jersey!!). I'm going to send them my blank Winter Classic jersey to customize, once I make up my mind as to who I want on it (Franzen, Lidstrom, Datsyuk or Zetterberg).

SportsK comes highly recommended by not only me, but easily two dozen other LGW members. They have fantastic customer service, prices that cannot be beat ($245 for a customized EDGE Authentic jersey! And yes, it's the genuine article, not one of the cheap Chinese knockoffs) and lightning fast shipping. They are, literally, the only place I will ever buy Red Wings jerseys from.

Thanks, thats exactly what i was looking for. Pretty cheap customizations and alot of selection! Appreciate it!

I have bought several jerseys and sent several to get down by SportsK and they are seriously the best out there. Just sent three to get done. I have a Winter Classic to get done,but need to decide on who as well,but I'm not sure it won't cost more to get that one done since it is two toned.

Check out Fanatic U in Garden City Michigan, they can do anything and Debbie sews the Jerseys! Ask about their 20% off when you order. 120 bucks for a customized replica jersey. 185.00 for an Authentic. I have bought 12 jersey's from them over the years.

Plus it would help the Michigan economy!

Edited by Booster313

I I used to go to a place called Gameland that sold jerseys, shirts, hats and EVERYTHING you could think of, but they have recently either moved or went of business.

I LOVED THAT PLACE!! That's where I got my "19" Steve Yzerman necklace.It's like the pins they wore at his retirement ceremony. Anyway, there's this place called The Hook Up at Lakeside Mall and there's always Hockeytown Authentics in Troy. IDK about customization, but they both got some cute stuff. ^_^

I too will vouch for SportsK. Ordered my Franzen jersey from them, and I'm soon going to be sending it and my authentic Nike Vladdy jersey back into them to have the 1997 and 2008 Stanley cup patches sewn on.

They do fantastic work at very affordable prices!

Check out Fanatic U in Garden City Michigan, they can do anything and Debbie sews the Jerseys! Ask about their 20% off when you order. 120 bucks for a customized replica jersey. 185.00 for an Authentic. I have bought 12 jersey's from them over the years.

Plus it would help the Michigan economy!

Sounds like a radio/tv commercial :clap:

Anyways, I would suggest sport's haven for anyone in the downriver area, located on Fort St. right past Eureka road. Same place that does the actual lettering for the Wings player's jerseys, so you can't go wrong.

Edited by Jasper84

Dhgate.com is money. I've bought 6 jerseys from them, and haven't had a single problem. Some of the sellers will sell you whatever player's jersey you want. I bought a winter classic lids that I mentioned in another discussion for 29.95. It's fantastic. All the jerseys I've bought on there are closer to an authentic version than a replica version.

I'll give an endorsement for FanaticU. I go to the Berkley location (12 mile and Greenfield), their store is top notch. They have very reasonable prices, the staff is friendly, and most of them are die hard wings fans. I went in there to get a Winter Classic jersey customized, and ended up chatting with the employees for almost an hour about the wings. Really great store.

SportsK is also great, I've purchased jerseys from them as well. Great customer service, and great prices.

Also, buying from either of these stores will help the Michigan economy, they both do business out of the Detroit area.

I'll give an endorsement for FanaticU. I go to the Berkley location (12 mile and Greenfield), their store is top notch. They have very reasonable prices, the staff is friendly, and most of them are die hard wings fans. I went in there to get a Winter Classic jersey customized, and ended up chatting with the employees for almost an hour about the wings. Really great store.

SportsK is also great, I've purchased jerseys from them as well. Great customer service, and great prices.

Also, buying from either of these stores will help the Michigan economy, they both do business out of the Detroit area.

I keep hearing good things about fanaticU but can i send a jersey to them for customization? Or do i have to actually go to the store? Cause 12 and greenfield would cost me more in gas than just paying 6 bucks for shipping to sportsK, unless they have a location closer to macomb.