• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

Lidstrom's Chances at Another Norris

Rate this topic

Seems like many people over the last year or so think he's done being a nominee for this trophy anymore.

I don't agree. Last year he played a lot better as the season went on, after people started coming back from injuries. If this team stays healthy, and is as good offensively as people think it will be, I see Nick as having another good run at this trophy. His game has dropped off a little, but he's still capable of putting together another year better than any other defenseman.

It would give him 7 and tie him with Doug Harvey.

He can definitely win another. That man plays with such grace and skill it's not even fair. Unfortunately, I just don't think the League will let him. They picked the top scoring defensemen this year as nominees didn't they? And here I was thinking it was best defenseman. Besides they probably want Orr to hold the record and not let a Swede take it. IDK, whatever.

He can definitely win another. That man plays with such grace and skill it's not even fair. Unfortunately, I just don't think the League will let him. They picked the top scoring defensemen this year as nominees didn't they? And here I was thinking it was best defenseman. Besides they probably want Orr to hold the record and not let a Swede take it. IDK, whatever.

That has nothing to do with it.

Lidstrom has won the Norris before in seasons where other guys could easily have won it over him. Last year he had such a subpar start to the season, that I understand why he wasn't nominated at the end.

Lidstrom has won the Norris before in seasons where other guys could easily have won it over him. Last year he had such a subpar start to the season, that I understand why he wasn't nominated at the end.

I dunno, they like their Canadians. Still a subpar start shouldn't eliminate a guy, it should be how well he defends and Nick is the best at it. He should win it every year, and I'm not saying that as a homer. Edit: Ok, well not every year, but every year he's the best...which is like every year so...

Edited by wingnut40

Name one.

Lidstrom was robbed of the Norris two seasons ago over a defenseman who had a statistically worse season with a statistically much better starting goaltender (Vezina winner) and another defenseman who plays in a system where defense is considered optional.

Last season I think either him or Pronger should have been given the third nomination over Green.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Name one.

Lidstrom was robbed of the Norris last season over a defenseman who had a statistically worse season with a statistically much better starting goaltender (Vezina winner) and another defenseman who plays in a system where defense is considered optional.

Last season I think either him or Pronger should have been given the third nomination over Green.

I thought MacInnis had a legitimate shot at the Norris in 2003. 2007 was another close one for Nick, where I wasn't sure that he was going to pull it out.

Listrom wasn't robbed of the Norris last year, and no one on Chicago won the Vezina. Keith deserved it and had a great all-around season. Lidstrom had a strong finish to the year, but I'm not going to complain that he didn't win.

I thought MacInnis had a legitimate shot at the Norris in 2003. 2007 was another close one for Nick, where I wasn't sure that he was going to pull it out.

Listrom wasn't robbed of the Norris last year, and no one on Chicago won the Vezina. Keith deserved it and had a great all-around season. Lidstrom had a strong finish to the year, but I'm not going to complain that he didn't win.

I'm sorry, I meant two seasons ago to Chara.

Guest scottj

lol... I still can't believe Green was considered for the Norris. what a ******* slap in the face. I didn't watch him all season but when I saw him play he was horrible defensively... such stupid mistakes I wasn't even sure if this was the same Green

I see Doughty winning it or somehow Green with the amount of points he gets

Agreed. I think it's Doughty's to lose this year unless Duncan Keith has some kind of incredible breakout year or something. I don't really see anybody in the league really giving those two a run for their money. Lids has a very good chance of being nominated though. Same with Pronger, great chance of getting nominated but I don't see him winning.

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy

hate to hijack this ***** but hey...its ******* august!...and i happen to be a big supporter of barry bonds. IMO best snoozeball slugger of all time. so he took a shot in his ass...JUST SAYIN' lids would be a ******* beast...yeah...watch this documentary

Edited by soultrain

Playing with a better set of forwards this year, shouldn't be expecting the injuries we had last year either. The second half of the season he tore it up, if he does that all next season we can consider him a lock.

He's got a decent chance But has a few things working against him:

He is no longer head and shoulders above the rest.

The media has more than made it apparent his time is over and they will use any opportunity to push the younger generation.

Pronger will be getting some residual votes from yet another great post-season. Though Lidstrom's 10 pts in 12 games is awfully impressive.

Edited by egroen

Lidstrom could definitely win, but he's going to need O stats in addition to D dominance and we're going to have to win at least the Western Conference if not the President's trophy. If that happens, then they'd love to pick him. But he's not going to win for just dominating D anymore no matter how good he is.

Agreed. I think it's Doughty's to lose this year unless Duncan Keith has some kind of incredible breakout year or something. I don't really see anybody in the league really giving those two a run for their money. Lids has a very good chance of being nominated though. Same with Pronger, great chance of getting nominated but I don't see him winning.

That statement, no matter how many people make it, makes me flinch. Duncan Keith was the best defenseman in the league last season. It was was a clear, complete statement that he was so. Doughty was very good, but Keith was just better. The year before, Keith was an elite defenseman, and IMO was the second best defenseman (which I took a lot of flak for on this board) so o say that Doughty is easily the frontrunner going into this next season? Just no. Duncan Keith is the clear, undisputed frontrunner, and behind him are Drew Doughty and Nicklas Lidstrom, and then and a good stretch back behind them are Chris Pronger and the other top defensemen. Period.

hate to hijack this ***** but hey...its ******* august!...and i happen to be a big supporter of barry bonds. IMO best snoozeball slugger of all time. so he took a shot in his ass...JUST SAYIN' lids would be a ******* beast...yeah...watch this documentary

I suggest you start drinking Scotch with water instead of mixing it with Vodka.

Yea, I would love to have Keith on the Wings. The Hawks are lucky, they're copying the Wing's mold with clones of our players.

Ok just to clarify. Keith is a good d-man and had a good year but I hope that you aren't comparing him to Lids.

Lids is by everybody's account one of the top 5 D men to EVER play the game.

Secondly, they aren't copying anything from the Wings. They were handed top draft picks in Toews, Kane and Keith. And then through increadily poor management had to disassemble their team 2 months after winning their first Cup in 49 years. Bad contracts not ONE but THREE in Campbell, Huet and the increadible vanishing playoff goal scorer Marion Hossa.

And now we find out that they LOST money again last year because their season ticket prices were the 3rd lowest in the league. So they are going to raise them 20%.

Sorry but this train wreck of an organization has nothing in common with the Wings.