• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

SportsK Question

Rate this topic

I know there are some similar threads out there, but I wanted to gauge you guys' thoughts on my situation.

I have an authentic 1997 Nike home white Vladdy jersey that I'd love to have the 1997 Stanley Cup Finals patch sewn onto.

Everyone here loves SportsK (and I've bought a Franzen RBK jersey from them and been very pleased with it as well). But has anyone ever sent something they already owned in to them to have them customize it? They have the patches, and I should assume it'd be no problem having them sew it on, but at the same time, this jersey means a lot to me and can't be easily replaced like a Reebok jersey could if the patch was sewn in the wrong place, or the jersey damaged somehow.

Has anyone had any negative experiences with SportsK? I'd really love to give them some more business, but I just want to make sure my prized Vladdy jersey will be in good hands with them.

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

I personally would use Fanatic U in Garden City, MI. I have personally met the person that sews the Jersey's, (Debbie every Saturday morning) and have 10 Autographed jersey's that she's done for me. Plus they are cheaper than Sportsk. If you want pictures I can email for you.

Just sent Fanatic U an email to see what they could do for me. SportsK quoted me a total of $47 for both emblems, all sewing and shipping. I don't have a problem with that price, just need to make sure they know what they're doing in regards to the patches.

If your in MI, i suggest the goalies den in troy. I mailed him my gf's plain rbk jersey and he sewed on zetterberg (even trimming the letters and numbers to scale for a womens cut jersey) and he did a fantastic job. Best i've ever seen. I've sent him 3 jerseys to customize since and he does amazing work, great eye for detail. It was really easy to ship out and ship back and it was only 50$ for the zetterberg customization so i would assume a patch would be pocket change. Go here My link

I just sent SportsK three blanks to get done and one vintage barber pole jersey that already had Yzerman on it. I had some of my own patches I sent in with the jerseys along with reference pics as to where the are supposed to go. I've done it before and Howard from SportsK has always known beforehand where they should be. I guess I send the pics just in case. He knows his Wings stuff.

Howard at SportsK is the best. I have sent blank jerseys to him and already customized jerseys that needed a patch sewn on and they always do an amazing job. Use them.

I was thinking of ordering a customized wings jersey from Sportsk since they seem legit from what I hear.

I was wondering if anybody had ordered a jersey into Canada, if so how long did it take, and how much duties were charged?

Thanks

I got a cleary jersey from them last year, took like 3 weeks, shipped to vancouver. Didnt have any duty charges!!

Guest Shoreline

Howard at SportsK is the best. I have sent blank jerseys to him and already customized jerseys that needed a patch sewn on and they always do an amazing job. Use them.

I remember them when I bought my Winter Classic jersey in '09. Good people. Didn't seem terribly tech savvy but got the job done.

Edited by Shoreline

SportsK messed up two sweaters in a row for me. They left permanent heat marks on the arms when stitching on the numbers. I returned the first sweater, they offered to redo it, and the second came back with the exact same problem. Take it with a grain of salt since others have had good experiences.

Seeing as you don't need to get the lettering done, why don't you find a jersey place local to you to sew the patch on? The only reason you'd want to send that kick ass jersey across the country to Detroit is to get the lettering correct. Since that's already done, any sports shop that customizes jerseys should be able to sew the patch on for you. Just give them a reference photo so they know how to position it, etc.

If you don't have the patch already, you can buy it from sportsk online or ebay.

EPS is good too, but they can take a looong time. They customize a lot of jerseys and can get backlogged. http://exclusivepro.com/customjerseys.html

Edited by ACallToArms

Sportsk is great... We have sent a blank jersey to be personalized out to them and have also ordered a couple of Wings jerseys from them to be personalized and a Tigers jersey as well. They are very knowledegable and keep you updated on the status of your order. I just ordered a Sakic Nordiques from them and it should be here tomorrow, can't wait to see how it turned out! We haven't been disappointed yet! :)

I've had one bad experience with them where I sent in a 2010 Zetterberg sweden jersey to get personalized after emailing to make sure they had the right cuts for the new font and everything and when I got it back it had the old basic 2006 font it which was single layered as well and the 2010 was double layered. They offered to buy it off me but I ended up keeping it because the blue jerseys were already sold out everywhere. Everythign else I had them do in the past was great including a franzen home jersey with cup patch, a datsyuk winter classic and the customizing only of a 1984 yzerman campbell conference all star jersey.

My Kronwall jersey came in. Here are some crappy camera phone pictures. It's still wrinkled from being in the box, but it looks great. One of the white 5's is a just barely tilted but you'd never notice since it wraps around the arm.

I had a question for those who have had SportsK do lettering before, though. Are the numbers always so shiny? :huh: They seem to have more sheen than the standard Wings jerseys.

abbdca46-0ed5-4c7b-8e2f-3a3eb4d38cdf.jpg

13201667-15a6-4648-b56f-64baddc3ef4d.jpg

Obviously, my phone's camera doesn't do it a terrible amount of justice - but I just snapped a couple quick ones. The back numbers are shinier than they appear in the photos, but looking at the photos on SportsK's website, that seems to just be how they are.

I've had one bad experience with them where I sent in a 2010 Zetterberg sweden jersey to get personalized after emailing to make sure they had the right cuts for the new font and everything and when I got it back it had the old basic 2006 font it which was single layered as well and the 2010 was double layered. They offered to buy it off me but I ended up keeping it because the blue jerseys were already sold out everywhere. Everythign else I had them do in the past was great including a franzen home jersey with cup patch, a datsyuk winter classic and the customizing only of a 1984 yzerman campbell conference all star jersey.

If they won't fix it I'd demand a refund. You didn't get what you paid for, offering to buy your jersey from you is a cop out if you ask me.

You can send that jersey into EPS and they'll strip and recustomize it for you the right way. I've had jerseys done there before so I can vouch for their work. Their turn around time is pretty long though, like 3 or 4 weeks.

http://www.exclusivepro.com/

You could also strip the numbers off yourself and have the jersey redone. I've done it plenty of times and its not that hard.

My Kronwall jersey came in. Here are some crappy camera phone pictures. It's still wrinkled from being in the box, but it looks great. One of the white 5's is a just barely tilted but you'd never notice since it wraps around the arm.

I had a question for those who have had SportsK do lettering before, though. Are the numbers always so shiny? :huh: They seem to have more sheen than the standard Wings jerseys.

Obviously, my phone's camera doesn't do it a terrible amount of justice - but I just snapped a couple quick ones. The back numbers are shinier than they appear in the photos, but looking at the photos on SportsK's website, that seems to just be how they are.

That looks like the normal twill to me, its just shiny because its new. Awesome jersey :thumbup:

That looks like the normal twill to me, its just shiny because its new. Awesome jersey :thumbup:

Thanks! :) For the compliment and the bout of confidence. The only Wings jerseys I've ever own have been Nike and Starter ones purchased in-store, so I'm really excited about this.

I'll take better photos once I get the wrinkles out, haha.